Status: In combination with Kshelton2011 : ) my partner in everything

The Path of an Elite

Close Combat

Another week past by before Roman got to see Arlet again but this time it was a pure accident. Roman was going into the training gym when he heard someone already in there so he made sure to keep himself quiet. When he actually saw who was in the gym he stiffled a quiet laugh because it was, of course, Arlet. He wasn't sure why she was in there but he was going to watch her for now.
He was in the corner of the room working out as always doing some push-ups and sit-ups just to warm up when the clumsy girl started to mess around with the weapons rack. Roman stopped for a moment as she placed both her hands onto the broad sword that he knew she couldn't carry. As soon as she drew it from the rack the blade dropped down onto the floor and she cussed under her breath. Roman was now very intrigued on what this girl was going to do next.
She was looking at the weapons rack again and again picked up a weapon, this time it was a rattan bo staff. Its swirled pattern made the staff look longer in a fight giving the attacker an advantage. Roman thought this weapon was way more suited for her right now. But as she started to swing the weapon around like a crazy person he just got frustrated. Even though he really liked this girl, he was going to tell her that was definitely the wrong way to handle a staff.
As he made his way over towards the girl his confidence rose up to his shoulders making them straighten like any soldier would do. But he had to tell himself that he wasn't in training right now and that she didn't know what she was doing because she was never taught. So he placed his hand onto both her shoulders causing her to jump back, swinging the staff almost hitting Roman but he caught it with his hand instead.
"Seriously! This is the second time you’ve scared me half to death." She breathed heavily. "I didn't know you were in here..." She looked around for others.
"You are doing that completely wrong." Roman said without acknowledging what she said.
"What?" She looked at him confused.
"You aren't even holding it correctly." He sighed knowing that he shouldn't be saying this so rudely. "Sorry I just...when I'm in training mode I kind of go a little crazy with this type of thing."
"Oh. I see. I never really trained with anything before...so I don't know how to." She shied away from Roman.
"No, come here..." Roman smirked, motioning her with his hand to come near. "I'll show you some simple things, if you like."
"You have got to be joking? You're only a first year...you can't know this weapon as well." Arlet came near as Roman suggested. The heat between them electrified as the distance closed.
"Well there is more to me that you do not know, Miss Arlet." Roman said, turning Arlet around so that her back was against his chest.
"What are you doing?" She sounded scattered.
"I'm showing you how to use this." He felt her whole body shiver as he whispered in her ear.
He placed her hands hip length apart with his just outside of hers. He moved his leg so that she stepped forward into a street fighting stance.
“If one end is up the other is blocking your leg, keep your elbow down and the staff close. If it’s too far out when you strike you’ll be off balance.” He ran her through some basic fighting techniques to warm her up and stood behind her for figure-eights. By then she was leaning back into his chest more than comfortable with him. It was hard for him to remain calm on the outside while his heart ran a marathon. His desire to grab her and hold her grew with every minute; every time their eyes met he wanted to swim in them. She was going to drive him crazy one day.
After a couple of hours and it was the middle of the night. Arlet finally decided that she should go to her room because Ever was definitely worried about her. Roman stayed there wanting to kick himself in the face because he wanted her to come back so that they could spend more time together but he never told her to.
As he was walking back to his dorms he noticed that Zircon Bell...better known to him since his childhood as his Guardian ,was standing at his door not looking particularly happy with Roman. This wasn't good at all.
"Roman what have I told you about coming home so late, the curfew does apply to you as well. I know this isn't our home but keep in mind that great knights also need their rest." Bell spoke in the calm angry voice he’d used all growing up.
"Give me a break...I was training." Roman said not really meaning to say that.
"Excuse me? It didn't look like you were training, more like flirting with one of my intelligent students. What are you thinking?" He scorned Roman.
"I was just paying her back for the time that she helped me with my math." Roman lied.
"Just get to sleep Roman...I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning for drills." Bell sighed.
Roman felt utterly relieved after his guardian left, but once he was inside he regretted being so late. Qwuarin was half way onto his girlfriend making out with her. Roman just brushed it off, lying in bed until he heard the girl moan.
"Seriously Qwuarin? Go somewhere else I need to sleep without hearing this crap." Roman threw his pillow over and actually hit something; which was actually Mel.
"Ouch Roman that hurt." Roman heard her push Qwuarin out of the way so she could throw the pillow back at him. "Qwuarin if you want to do anything with me then I suggest you kick him out next time."
Mel stomped out of the room half naked in order to get her point across. Roman could hear Qwuarin half laughing at the situation which caused Roman to chuckle as well.
"Well that sucks...Roman you have the worst timing ever. Geez, you’re like Arlet this afternoon with her words. Luckily Ever saved her. Oh speaking of Ever...that girl is gorgeous, don't you think? Or are you too busy looking at Arlet to care?"
"Shut up! And don't you have a girlfriend?" Roman glanced over at Qwuarin in the dark.
"Yeah true but I can still look, right?" He snickered. "So where were you tonight? Training again?"
"Sort of." Roman said, smirking to himself.
"That is not the answer I was looking for and you know it." Roman could actually tell Qwuarin was being serious.
"I was helping Arlet..." Roman was still smirking.
"Helping with what? I might ask." Roman could already see that Qwuarin was wriggling his eyebrows over at him.
"Qwuarin do you really have to make everything sexual? And I was just helping her train with a rattan bo staff and that's it. I'm sleeping now." Roman said and heard a fit of laughter on the other side of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the updates have been slow, I just finished a semester in college and had a trip, but I'm back now and Kshelton has some internet connection again so I think this it the last update from me for her : D
As always we love you guys!!- Altair