Status: I will update every second comment. this is my first try in this so I would love some feedback.

Heart's Desire

Chapter Seventeen: the Peak

I am NOW his everything. What have I led myself into? Was this not what I wanted? Was this not what I dreamed of? If so why do I feel so sad? Maybe because Carter is not telling me everything. There were four questions I wanted to ask myself but I am to scared. So maybe he will answer them for me......

Will he leave me?

What about the fact that he is a professor and I a student?

Will he get bored of me?

Will he ever love me?

"Okay now you are freaking me out." I gaze up through my eye lashes eyeing this man in front of me. Five minutes have passed and I did not say anything.

His everything?

"will you leave me?"

Carter's eyes told me everything I needed to know, but i want him to say it. "No."

"What about the fact that you are a professor and I a student?"

"That never stopped us before." His answers were clipped.

"Will you get bored of me?"

His brow arch and a small smile escape his lips. "Never."

"Will you ever love me?"

There the smile vanished and the unsightly not to mention weird vibe has escalated to a the maximum of 100; leaving me with a numb body and a beating rapidity heart.

"Jess," he sighs.

I don't want to touch this with a ten foot pole but hell I am making him uncomfortable and if he is, so am I. "You need time?"

His tongue trailed along is upper lip as he tap his ring finger on the rim of the glass, looking for a reasonable answer to question my outrages statement. 'You need time? Are u kidding me!' She yells shaking her head side to side.

"If we say those words it will end don't you Think? There will be no peak."

So a peak for him is saying those words to a woman. A peak for me is getting a scholarship to this college. Awful comparing but it works out the same..

"I am just wondering that's all. That we may- never mind."

He stood up gracefully walking up to me. "I will say those words when I am ready. So be patient with me please." He held out his hand and I took it.

"Let's go to bed."

"To sleep?" I ask. Looks like this conversation is done. But I won't stop till he says those three words to me.

He scoff removing a strand of my hair. "Come on Jessica. A bed is not just for sleep."

Can this man not survive without sex? Another question is still need to ask.