Status: I will update every second comment. this is my first try in this so I would love some feedback.

Heart's Desire

Chapter three: Getting to know

"I got coffee." Carter smiles.

Sweet, so sweet. "Thanks."

I place my bag on the floor and strolled towards him. "Okay, I want you to organize these pages." He muter's pointing at the stack of papers on the small grey desk next to his leather sofa.

"I need to certify it by the end of this month, here are the list," he whispers handing me a piece of paper. "It will help you."

I nod and went over to the sofa. Crap why am I so nervous?

"Are you always so quiet?" No. I am just quiet around you Grey, you give me chills.

I flush scarlet brushing my fringe out of my facade. "Yes."

Carter sat down on his desk grabbing me with his gaze,eyeing me impassively. "Where are you originally from?"

"Las-Vegas." I answer.

"You an only child?" What's up will the questions?

"No. I have three brothers I am the youngest."

"Are they still in Las- Vegas?" Why do you want to know?

"Yes sir."

He frowns at me. "Not giving much away aren't you?"

I shrug. "Not much to tell Mr. Grey."

"You look really nice in skirts."

What? My head shot immediately up.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Stop it! You are making me uncomfortable!

"No, not for a long time sir," I shrug embarrassed. "Do you have a girlfriend?" I blurt out. That was not allowed to leave my mouth.

His lips quirk up in a half smile as he grabs his coffee from behind him.

"Are you gay?" Why on earth did I just say that?

His eyes grew wide as he almost choke on his coffee. "No Jessica I am not gay." He chuckles shaking his head.

The way he says my name made me melt, thank heavens I am sitting.

"I just got out of one actually."

My face fell so did my heart. So much for me being a rebound then. "I am sorry."

"No need for that, we did not have chemistry." He says quietly.

"So you believe in love than?"

He scoffs handing me my coffee. "look who's the one to talk."

"So it was just lust."

Carter nods setting him self in front of me. "Yes, just lust."

I can scratch that out of my list. Number 32: Carter Grey is not a virgin.

I nod taking a sip of my warm skim milk coffee. Taste nice.

my finger trailed the top of my lip removing any white foam of it, but my eyes still on the handsome man in front of me.

"You missed a spot." Carter whispers caressing his thumb under my bottom lip.

My legs tighten together as his thumb is near my mouth. I had no words, all of it has vanished into oblivion.
Carter reach for his thumb licking the remaining skim milk of it.

Sweet... Holy hell.

Our eyes locked instantly as the force of nature pulled me towards him. I could not hold my own strength. Our lips two inches apart, waiting till his tongue trailed down the bottom of my lip as he seeks an entrance.

His breath on me. "We should get to work." Breaking the 'lust' between us.

Pulling myself back to my seat I grab the stack of papers on the desk. "Work, yes."

Carter return to his desk leaving me to stow in my own juices. Hungry for his touch, hungry for his hands on me. I want to devour him, every piece of him.

Looking through my eye lashes I notice Carter pushing his black hair back; pulling on his reading glasses, licking his lips and he tries to focus on the piece of sheet in front of him. But he can't. I can't.

Focus Jessica. I shook it quickly off skimming the paper in front of me. My mind not here at all, but in his arms.

Now I have to condemn this feeling for at least a week. Being everyday in this man presence. How will I breathe?