Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 1

“Ah, my old friend Xander, it’s been too long,” Alexander said to a very weak man. The brittle man, named Xander, was laying down on his bed, coming closer to death each day. No one knew what was wrong with him, but they knew he did not have enough time. Xander, knowing his time was soon up, had called upon his old and powerful friend, Alexander. As soon as Alexander heard about his friend’s illness, he rushed right over to tend to his needs.

“Yes it has Alexander, how have you been?” Xander asked then almost coughing up a lung once he was finished talking.

“Dear friend, do not worry about me, just worry about your health. When I heard that you were ill, I had no idea you were this sick,” he replied sitting on his bedside. Xander could only nod and look at Alexander. He laid there remember memories he had shared with this mysterious man. He had grown up with him and they had become practically brothers.

“Alexander, my friend, can I ask you a favor?” Xander asked him.

“Anything, just name it,” he replied leaning in closer to his dying friend.

“Can you promise me that when I am gone, which is soon, will you look after my unborn child?” he asked. Yes, his wife was pregnant and it was the happiest time of his life. He was finally going to be a father, but that happiness was short lived once he got sick. The world seemed dark to him, but he hoped that his old friend would take cared of the child.

“But of course Xander, I will tend to his or hers every need,” Alexander said. He knew that his wife, Carrie, was pregnant. She was three and half months along and she was carrying their first and only daughter. Once he sensed it, he knew exactly what he could do to make sure his daughter is well taken care of, “I would like to propose something to you Xander.”

“And what would that be?” he gave him a curious look and sat up a little bit.

“If the odds somehow turned out that you would have a beautiful daughter, would you want to arrange a marriage for her, so she is well taken cared of?” I asked him.

“I don’t know Alexander, who would I arrange this with?”

“With me, I would like to arrange a union between our families. I have a son who is three years old and will be a powerful man,” I explained to him. This was the thing I was waiting for; I was hoping this moment would come. In our family, on your 21st birthday, you had to be wed or get married on that day. You were expected to take care of both yourself and your wife. With his arrangement, I knew I could watch this little girl grow up and make sure she was what my young Gerard needed.

“I did not know you had a son, but I will agree to this arrange marriage, as long as it is to your son,” he agree and my black soul was filled with happiness. He smiled to his dear old friend and thanked him. That’s when Alexander heard his old friend’s heart beat slow down and realized that this was it, this was the end of their friendship. Xander slowly closed his eyes and Alexander watched as his breathing slowed down. Soon enough, his friend was gone and in a better place. Alexander knew he had to tell his wife of this tragedy, but he also gained something for this. He had Gerard’s future; he knew with this, Gerard was going to be a powerful man.

Alexander went to talk to his wife and explain to her what had happen and she was completely torn that the man she loved was truly gone. She never thought this day would come and she did not even get to say goodbye. Once she was calm enough, he explained to her of the arrangement he made with Xander on his death bed. She was not too happy about the decision, but knew it was for the best. She knew that her baby was going to be taken care of and was hopefully going to be happy about the decision that was made for her. Alexander promised he would help with the new born and send money each month for clothing and food. He said once she turned the tender age of 18 he would be back for her. That she would live at his home with her future husband.

Alexander soon left Carrie in peace, but he did not even tell her that her husband had just married off their daughter to a very powerful vampire family.

18 years later…

As Analisa slept, she dreamed of the happiness she would have once she woke up. She was going to be eighteen and happy. She was finally an adult and could do things on her own. Her appearance was the essences of beauty. She had leather black hair and bright blue eyes that could be mistaken as being ice. Her eyes were what made her gorgeous, she would eyeliner her eyes heavily until her eyes popped with cheeriness. Her pale skin was silky and completed her look. She was turning eighteen and could make any man drop to her knees, but she could not see it. She thought she was an ugly duckling. She did not have many friends and did not date much.

As the sun rose and light enter her bedroom, her eyes fluttered open and she smiled. It was here, the day she was waiting for. She sat up and stretched out her arms. She quickly got out of bed and ran to the window. The small apartment she had shared with her mother over looked the river and the water was sparkling today. She smiled to herself as she ran down the steps to find her mother. She was in the kitchen, over the stove cooking up something. I walked in quietly and was about to creep up behind her.

“Analisa, I know your there,” she said not taking her eyes off of the stove. I huffed and just stood next to her.

“No fair, you must have cheated somehow,” I said and watched as she made my favorite, chocolate chip pancakes.

“Anyways, happy birthday my dear,” she smiled at me and kissed my head, “You’ve grown so much.”

“I know and thank you. I can’t believe I am finally eighteen,” I smiled and walked over to the table. I sat down and waited for my morning breakfast. Once they were finished, she walked over to table and sat down the plate of pancakes. She sat down next to me and we both started to eat them. After small talk about school and weather, we had finished off the pancakes and I went to get ready for my last day of school. Yes I was a senior and it was my last day of school. Nothing could ruin this day.

For my last day of school, I decided to put on my striped black and grey skirt with a tight black tank top. I choose my black flats to wear with them and I made sure my eyeliner was just perfect. I smiled as I grabbed my purse and ran downstairs.

“Mother, I am leaving,” I called out and was about to open the front door.

“Analisa,” my mother called out quickly as she ran towards the door.

“What is it?” I asked her curious. I pulled my hand off the door knob and waiting for her answer.

“Please come straight home, we have to talk about something important,” she said and I nodded in confusion. What was so important? I pushed it off and say good bye to my mother and telling her I would come straight home. I left the house and jumped into my small black ford escort and drove myself to school.
♠ ♠ ♠
This used to be on Quizilla, but I am slowly putting each chapter on this site and making a few changes.