Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 11

I nervously paced back and forth in the front room while Mikey, Zanira and Nikki stared at me. They were just as worried as I was, but they had no idea what I was feeling. There was a possibly that I would lose both my best friend and the only guy that ever meant everything to me. I was biting on my nails as I stared out the window hoping for any sign of anyone.

It was weird, I thought my first night after becoming a vampire, and I would be a complete mess and be running all over town killing anyone I saw. I thought I would be completely angered at Gerard and wishing a painful death upon him. It was weird though, to run my tongue across my new fangs and to feel the sharpness of them. And the way my hair looked, I could never get it this shiny or this straight.

I also learned from Zanira that each vampire is born with certain ability. We were both in the front room, her trying to calm my nerves and I worrying myself sick.

”So I heard you could see the future in your dreams,” Zanira commented as she flipped through a magazine. I turned to her and raised my eye brow.

“Yeah, it is weird that they are right,” I said to her. She nodded and placed the magazine down.

“Well every newborn is born with a power that could help them with their new found self. Like me, I know where someone is just thinking about them,” she explained to me.

“Ohh so if you thought about Mikey, you would know right where he is?” I asked her.

“Yes and he is up stairs in our room reading a book,” she laughed and I shook my head. Even in the tensest situations, Zanira always found a way to make me laugh and feel whole again. She was like a best friend to me, someone I could count on. I also noticed that I felt part of a family again. Sure I had a family with my mom, but she was like my best friend too.

“What is Gerard’s ‘power’?” I asked her while making quotations with my fingers.

“He, like his father, can make someone calm down, make them happy, make them angry, but basically they can make you feel anyway they want you to feel. Only the kings or princes can obtain that power, it runs in their blood, like a family tradition. Ever since vampires had been around, that power is pasted on to their first offspring. Gerard has the power but Mikey doesn’t,” she explained more of the history to me and I nodded.

“Then what can he do?” I asked her.

“He has super strength. Sure most of us are tough, but he has the strength of three of us put together, it’s crazy,” she told me.

“Then why is he here and not with the guys?” I questioned. Wouldn’t it be smarter for him to go with the guys, since he was most likely the strongest?

“Because Gerard knows that if Lestat decides to come here, he knows all of us are well protected with both Mikey and Alexander here,” she told me as she studied her nails and then looked to the floor.

“What are everyone else’s powers?”

“Well Nikki can feel someone’s pain if she is attached to them in an emotional way, Frankie has speed and let me tell you, he is so fast. Bob has super hearing, can hear you four miles away. Ray can read minds and Lestat can find out your whole history by just taking a little sip of blood. That’s how he knew that Cay was your best friend, he knew your weakness,” she explained to me and everything was making sense. I nodded as I remember Lestat sinking his pearly white fangs deep into my neck and giving the most deadly poison known to man.

“Question, how did Gerard save me?” I asked her.

“After Lestat disappeared, Gerard sucked out his poison and he could feel that you were hanging on by a thread and he knew the only way to save you was give you his poison, the same one that is coursing through your veins. See, your maker knows where you are at all times, and he didn’t want Lestat knowing where you were at all. He wanted to keep you save, so the only way to do that was suck out his poison and gave you his,” she told me and all I could do was nod. To me, this whole having someone care about me was scaring me. I never had that kind of person in my life that would do anything to save my life. I sighed and looked out the window, waiting for Gerard to return home safely…


“Analisa, sit down, your making all of us nervous,” Zanira complained for the fourth hundred time, but I ignored her. I was shaking with fear. What was taking them so long? Were they hurt? Were they fighting? Were they possibly on their way home? Questions just filled my mind, making me crazy and sick with worry. It was getting late now and there was still no sign of them outside.

I sighed and sat down, hoping that within the next hour they would return home safely. I started to bounce my leg in anticipation. I was a wreck, just sitting here and worrying about Gerard’s safety. I suddenly felt an extremely large hand hold down my leg. I looked up and met Mikey’s dark eyes.

“He is fine Ana, I promise you,” he whispered and I sighed knowing he was right. From what I gathered, Gerard was a tough guy and he wasn’t going to get hurt. He was experienced and he knew what he was doing.

Then suddenly we all heard the front door open. I was the first one to stand up and walked towards the door. I was in a hurry to see that Gerard was in one piece and untouched. First Ray came walking it and then Bob with Cay cradle in his arms. She was in a deep sleep. I looked up at Bob in concern, but he only ignored my stare and carried her up the stairs. I was about to follow until I noticed that I didn’t see Gerard. I turned around and saw Frankie walking in and he quickly walked towards Nikki, bringing her into a tight hug. And then there he was, his hair fallen in his face, covering his deep hazel eyes. His figure walking slowly in with someone familiar right next to him.

“Mom…?” I whispered and ran towards her. She was smiling happily seeing me running towards her. I wrapped my arms around her neck as she held me close, like she use to do with me when I was younger. I kissed her cheek and she smiled, “What are you doing here?”

“Oh Gerard here, asked me if I was willing to move in with everyone. He said that there was a lot of room for me and that you would be happy if I was around more. I totally protested at first, but he convinced me to come here,” she explained to me as she reach down and grasp my hand. I smiled knowing that Gerard’s power influenced her to come with us. But was she really safe? Was Cay safe here? They were both human in a house of hungry vampires. Would they survive? And how do we keep this a secret?

“Ah, Carrie, I was excepting you,” I heard Alexander’s strong voice call out from the nearest door way. I looked over at my mom and saw a smile that I never saw before, like she was extremely happy to see him. I raised my eye brow as I turn my head towards Alexander and saw he had the same smile. It was like they were a couple of love struck teenagers. I pushed the thought out of my mind as Alexander pulled her into the living room.

“I can’t believe you convinced her,” I whispered to him as I walked into his arms. He lovingly wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me close to him. I could smell the scent of Axe and cigarettes on his shirt, and it felt like home to me. I knew that every time I was going to hug him, I would smell it and know that it was my Gerard.

“It took a lot of work, but I managed to get her here. I knew it would be safer for her to be here,” he explained as he kissed the top of my head. I smiled up at him and leaned up just slightly so I could press my lips lovingly against his. He smiled and held me tighter, “I also know that a certain someone was missing me terribly.”

I laughed nervously knowing that he was talking about me. I smiled up at him and nodded happily, “I was just really worried.”

“Well I am glad that you were feeling that way, it made me feel really important,” he smiled and kissed my nose lovingly. I smiled and wrinkled my face making him laugh, “But something did go wrong today baby.”

“What do you mean?” I asked with concern.

“It’s Cay, we had to do it, it was the only way to save her,” he whispered and looked to the ground.

“Save her? What happened Gerard?” I asked him feeling my tears swell up.

“Lestat got there before we did, and he nearly killed her. But Bob rushed in and was suddenly saving her. He sucked out the poison like I did and then made her into a vampire…” he explained and held my hands in his. I never wanted that for Cay. I didn’t want her to go through that pain and suffering. I pulled my hands away and quickly ran up the stairs, wanting to make sure that Cay was going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment me and let me know how you feel about the story <3

cay:awmygosh. seriously. i could read this over and over again and NEVER get sick of it =]