Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 14

“I don’t know why we have to go dress shopping, I refuse to walk down that isle,” I said as I sat in the small van. Nikki was driving, Zanira in the passenger seat and Cay next to me. She was still a new vampire, only a week old, but she was good with controlling her urges of drinking warm blood. The girls are taking a liking to Cay, it was like we were all suppose to be friends, probably best friends.

“Analisa just shut up. You are walking down that isle, like it or not!” Nikki hissed at me from the rear view mirror. I was sitting behind her huffing and puffing about the weeding the whole way.

“Me personally, I really can’t wait until the wedding, its going to be so much fun!” Zanira stated and I just glared at her, “Aw Ana, don’t give me that face!”

“But –“

“No but’s Analisa, just let this go,” Cay told me and Zanira give her a high five.

“Whose side are you on?” I semi-yelled at her. I shook my head and stared out the window. I knew it was useless to fight with them, but this whole situation was killing me. I could feel my tears coming on, but I held them in. I hated how they were all about the wedding and not how I was actually feeling.

“We’re here!” I heard Nikki sing loudly. I only sighed heavily and opened the car door. I heard everyone open their doors and slamming them shut. I slowly step onto the concrete and stood outside the shop, “So Nikki, ho did you find a 24-hour bridal shop?” I asked her as I stared in the window and studied the obnoxious fluffy dress.

“Google,” she laughed and pulled my arm. Zanira was holding the door open and Cay got behind me. She pushed me as Nikki pulled me, not letting me stray off. I tried to protest, but Nikki only pulled me harder. I forcefully walked into the shop and saw many dresses hanging on manikins and even more on the racks.

“C’mon Analisa, its going to be fun,” Zanira said happily and I was once again pulled, but towards the racks. Zanira, Cay and Nikki handed me a handful of dresses and pushed me into the dressing room. I growled angrily and just plopped down on the chair that was in there. I folded my arms and just sat there, staring at the wall.

“Analisa! Get that dress on!” I heard Zanira yell and forgot that she can see me. I sighed and stood up, but then out of no where, one of the dresses started to move about in thin air. Once I saw it just floating, I realized that it was Cay now and I only made me want to hurt them more.

“I’m going to put it on! Jeeze!” I growled at them once again and of course I heard a few giggles. I grabbed the floating dress and quickly got undress. Soon enough I was out of my street clothes and into a fitting wedding dress. I didn’t even bother looking into the mirror. All I wanted to do was get out of here and forget this entire wedding. I walked out of the fitting room and followed the fit of laugher that I have known to be them. When I appeared in front of them, I heard several gasp.

“Analisa…” Cay whispered as her eyes got big.

“There! Are you happy now? I put the damn dress on!” I practically yelled and placed my hands on my hips. It was like they were all in shock just by staring at me. I gave them all confused looks until Nikki stood up and pulled my arm. I huffed as she lead me over towards the mirror, “Really Nikki, I don’t have to see it, I just want to buy it.”

“No! You have to see it now, it’s like… I am just speechless,” she said and pushed me in front of the mirror. That’s when I looked into the mirror and saw the most beautiful dress on me. It was a pure white color that was tight fitting in the waist. It was a low cut style that had the top of my breast popping out, but in a sophisticated manner. It flowed elegantly to the floor. The bottom of the dress how this lacey finishes to it, which made the train stunning. The train was a simple hair piece that flowed nicely like the dress. The top was made into a halter top style and well… it was stunning on me.

I felt myself wanting to cry because I’ve always wanted to wear a dress similar to this one, but never in the situation that I am in right now. I bit my lip and looked to the ground. I strode away from the mirror and walked towards the dressing rooms, “Analisa…don’t you like the dress?” I heard Cay ask me from behind.

“I love the dress… it’s just everything else, I don’t think I can do it,” I cried a little and ran off towards the dressing room. I heard them all call out my name, but I ignored them. I ran into the dressing room and slam the door shut. I leaned against it and finally let all the tears I have been holding in, out. I cried about my father’s poor choice in life, I cried about the night I was turned into a vampire, even though I had no say, but I cried mostly because Gerard had lied to me. If he hadn’t manipulated what I was feeling for his own purposes, then I wouldn’t be sitting here crying my eyes out like this. I sat down on the chair and looked to the floor. I had grabbed any black sweater off the bed and had not realized it until now, that it was Gerard’s jacket. I slowly stood up, almost like it was calling me towards it. I slowly picked it up and a white object was sticking out the side. I slowly reached in and pulled it out, to find it was a note. I unfolded it and read its contents.

what to say to Analisa…

just listen Ana… I know we are going through this rough patch
but… I stilllike love you. I am truly sorry that I hurt
you and I never meant for it to go this far.
You have NO idea how much you mean to me, I know we’ve known each
other for what two weeks or something, but baby you
make me complete…

I just wish you knew…


I dropped the note in my lap and looked up into the mirror. I felt this sick, sorrow feeling in my stomach as I watched myself in the mirror. I saw my eyes get glassy and I saw the heart break in Gerard’s eyes. He was so upset that I was giving him the cold shoulder and that I was breaking his heart. Then suddenly everything want fuzzy and I was feeling a little lighted headed. Then out of no where, the room changes before my eyes and then I was outside in the rain. It was pouring down hard and I looked towards the left. There was only one street light on and it showed how slippery the road was. It was a long dark road that seemed like it goes on forever, but it looked familiar to me. Then I saw a car, turned over in the bushes. I wanted to take a step closer, but I was suddenly pulled out of my vision and I was back into the dressing room. I started to panic as I quickly got undress and then got back into my original outfit. I grab the dress that I was going to wear and stormed out of the room.

“Zanira…” I was about to say, but I looked out the huge glass windows and saw it was pouring outside. I started to panic even more. If my vision was correct, then there was a great possibility that someone I love would be in that car. An even greater risk could be Gerard in that car, trapped and alone.

“What’s wrong Ana?” Cay stood up and looked at me concerned. All the girls did and all I could do was staring towards the glass.

“We have to go now,” I whispered and headed over towards the counter to purchase the dress. I completed the transaction quickly and we hurried out of the bridal store quickly.

“Ana, what happened in the dressing room?” Nikki asked me as she tried to keep up the pace with me. I looked around in the parking lot as I saw the rain pouring down, and seeing the roads were wet.

“I saw this vision of a car tipped over and we just need to get there, I think Gerard’s in the car,” I said as I jumped in to the car. I saw Nikki and Zanira look at each other scared because they knew if one of them was in that car, then all of them would be in there. We all jumped in and started the car. Nikki pulled out of the parking lot and headed towards home. She was speeding along the quiet streets but soon slowed down.

“But Analisa, I don’t feel like someone is hurt. I feel perfectly fine,” Nikki commented as she turned onto the familiar street.

“Yeah and I know where Gerard is anyways, he is in your guys room waiting for you. Almost like he is pacing, and like all the boys are there,” she said and then I felt at ease. But why did I have a vision of a car tipped over. Why on earth would I see that…

Suddenly a black figured walked out on the road and that’s when it hut me, it was our car I saw. We were the ones trapped in that car. I screamed as Nikki looked forwards and as she realized we would hit the figure, she swirled. Next thing I knew, I felt the car twirling and flipping over. Finally the car stopped upside down and all of us were quiet. Not even a whisper was heard. I looked around and saw all the girls just lying there, with their eyes close. I started to cry, thinking the worst had happen. But as I looked out the window, I saw them. The red eyes that I had grown to fear; it was all Lestat’s doing. That’s when I knew, I possibly will not make it out alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love all the support guys. you all rock!! comment please <3