Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 16

Here I was, standing outside of Lestat’s mansion and knew that she was in there. I could feel her pain and her fear. I tried to suppress her feelings, but of course Lestat was blocking all our powers. It was unclear how he would do it, but it was amazing he could stop all our powers. It was pitch dark and not a single cloud in the sky. The stars where shinning bright and light up the mountainous area that Lestat’s estate laid on.

I saw a light coming from a distance with a barn next to it. I had remember my father telling me the same army his family was building and knew that was where it was at. He was manufacturing an army of mindless zombies that kills anything that was moving or breathing. I know I was entering a losing battle, but I couldn’t let her suffer. I took a deep breath and took a step closer to the fence that enclosed the estate, until I felt a hand pull me back. I jumped and turned around, to my surprise there they were, all of them: Mikey, Zanira, Nikki, Bob, Frankie, Ray and our latest addition to the team, Cay.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked them.

“Here to save your ass. If you’re going in there alone, then you must have a death wish. So we all thought you might need our help,” Frankie smirked like a smart ass and walked closer to the fence.

“So the rumors are true, he is building an army,” Ray whispered and walked over towards Frankie. They started to whisper up a plan and study the land. I walked over towards the girls and Bob. I stood next to Mikey and watchedhim reach over to grab Zanira’s hand. I sighed heavily and looked towards the mansion, thinking that with each minute that we are just standing here means another minute he could be hurting her.

“I know this must be scary girls and it is alright if you want to sit this one out,” I told him and looked at each of them in the eye. Nikki was the first one to speak up.

“Do you really think we walked all this way, just to turn back? No way Gerard, we are not going down without a fight. Plus that ass hit us and made me crash the car!” she said and the other girls nodded in agreement. I smiled at their bravery and patted Mikey on the back. I walked over towards Ray and Frankie to see the plan they had be developing.

“So what is the plan men?” I asked them.

“We plan to form two groups and attack the barn from either side. Because of Mikey’s super strength, he will bust down the doors. I will run in quickly to grab any harmful weapons. From there, it will be a fair battle, but we will win. You on the other hand, will go into the mansion but you’re taking Zanira with you. She can help you find Analisa faster,” Ray explained.

“No, I am not letting her go into there without me,” Mikey cut in once I was about to agree to the plan.

“But Mikey, it will give us an advantage; I mean he’s going to get distracted by our distraction.”

“No, its way too dangerous for her,” he stood his ground.

“Mikey, please baby,” Zanira finally cut in, “You have to let me do this. Otherwise Analisa will have a less chance of being saved. It’s the only way,” she told him and rested her hands on his cheek, “I promise you, everything will be fine,” she whispered and kiss his lips lightly. I could see the doubt in his eyes as he looked up to me. I nodded my head to let him know that I would take care of her, and at the first sight of danger, I will send her away before it’s too late. Mikey finally looked back at Zanira and nodded. She smiled and kissed him on last time before we finished developing our game plan.

Image

I was suddenly thrown into Gerard’s arms. I had no idea how I got there, I mean I was in the car one minute and now I was in his arms. His arms were protectively around my waist and I was holding onto dear life, placing my arms around his neck. I buried my head into his shoulder and just started to cry. I stuck to him like it was the first and last time I would ever see him again. I slowly pull away slightly. Just enough so we both looked into each others eyes and see the hope for the future.

“I’m so sorry baby,” Gerard whisper as his hands increase its tightness around my waist. I smiled lightly and held him close once a gain.

“I am sorry too baby,” I whisper and then I felt this unspeakable urge to lean in and kiss Gerard for the first time.


I was suddenly pulled out of my vision and was brought back to reality. I opened my eyes and tried to move my arms, but I realized I was tied down. I looked around and all I saw was darkness. I tried to figure out what had happen, but that’s when it hit me, Lestat was holding me hostage. I felt tears fill my eyes as I used my strength to bust out of the duck tape. I couldn’t scream out because my mouth was duck tape shut.

“You’re not getting out of those, darling,” I heard Lestat’s cold voice coming from behind me. I turned my head and saw those red eyes, the ones that are filled with blood. I looked down to the ground and saw that even my legs were taped to the small wooden chair. I smirked once he was standing there in front of me and all I could do was stare at him. He reached up and suddenly pulled the tape off hard. It stung my face cause my eyes to tear up more, “Don’t you just look cute all tied up and crying.”

“I hate you,” I whispered harshly and I narrowed my eyes. He only laughed and brushed the back of his hand along my cheek.

“How sad would it be if I took you to the alter and married you. How would your poor sweet Gerard feel about that?” he said and my eyes grew wide. I felt my fear levels increase and my anger rise.

“I would never agree to marry you! What do you have against Gerard anyways?” I asked him wanting to find the truth. Why was this battle raging on for years? Why hadn’t anything been resolved? I watched in his eyes go from complete anger to sadness.

“I guess he never told you huh? How he killed my mother and left her to die in the woods?” he screamed out and kicked over a chair, “I guess he never told you how he destroyed my life? How he took everything from me!” I could only watch as Lestat calmed down after his fit of rage. He finally calmed down and was just pacing back and forth. He stopped and faced the window, resting his hands on the window frame, “It wasn’t too long after we slipped out of exile. My mother decided she wanted to bake this berry pie and she decided she needed to go out into the woods. She never came back. My father finally went out looking for her and returned with her body covered in blood and torn apart. I was only fifteen at the time, and he took my world away from me. He took the only person I ever loved. I found out a year later that it was Gerard and he was out feeding and knew who she was. He was trained to hate us and to destroy us. He saw her and that was the end of my mother. I swore from that day on, I would take everything he loved away from him,” Lestat explained and turned around. I saw the sadness in his eyes, but then I saw the hate, “starting with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment<3 and nikki i want your insight on this one!! =]