Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 18

It seems like forever since Frankie brought me back to the house. He held me in the living room which drove me crazy. I was pacing back and forth scared that Lestat might destroy Gerard. Just the thought of Gerard not coming back scared me to death.

“Just sit down Analisa,” Frankie hissed as he sat on the sofa facing the floor. My mouth dropped and I glared at him.

“How can you be so calm? Nikki is out there fighting for her life! How can you just sit there?” I yelled. To his defense, he stood up and stared at me.

“Are you serious? Of course I am freaking out right now! I have loved Nikki longer then you have loved Gerard! Never tell me that I don’t care about that girl; she is my life!” he yelled back.

“Then why are you here? Why aren’t you fighting?” I asked getting louder.

“Because Gerard is my leader, I do as he says,” he said softly, “He wanted you to get out safe.”

“Frankie, I know you want to do the right thing, but sometimes we need to break the rules,” I said walking closer to him. He couldn’t look me in the eye because he knew that I saw the tears. I grabbed his wrist and jerk him to face me. He turned slowly and I saw his glassy eyes, “I know how you feel about her, I saw a vision and they always come true, and I promise you that she lives, but the rest of those guys needs your help.”

“I am sorry Ana, but I can’t. I need to protect you here. Honor before anything to the vampires. Turn on them; you’re on your own forever. And let me tell you, forever is a long time,” he said and pulled his arm away.

“Fine, I will just go on my own,” I stated and started to walk towards the door, but before I knew it, Frankie was right in front of me.

“Sorry, I am not letting you go out there,” he said and stared down at me with his red puffy eyes.

“Watch me,” I hissed and then kneed him in the groin. I know that’s a cheap shot, but I would do anything right now to get to Gerard. Frankie doubled over in pain and grabbed his manly area. I pushed him out of the way and opened the door. I could hear him calling my name out as I ran out of the room and down the hallway. I could feel my pulse racing and pumping as I opened the front door. I could hear Frankie walking slowly behind me but I just slammed the door in his face. I ran outside and then down to the steps. But what I saw stopped me dead in my tracks.

Image

I stood and watch as I saw Frankie pulling Analisa away from me. One moment I could see her icy blue eyes staring me with fear and love and then next thing, she is gone. But I knew I had to keep focus to finally beat my enemy. I turned to face Lestat that wasn’t to far behind me.

“Ha. You think having one of your men taking your precious princess away from danger would stop me from torturing her?” he said in his sick sinister laugh. I glared at him as he just grinned and got closer, “Something wrong with your feet Gerard?”

“You’re a coward! You need me to stand in one spot to kill me!” I yelled.

“Ha, Gerard you crack me up! Fine walk around,” he said and I pulled my leg up and it was free. I glared at him and grabbed my sword. I pulled it out and pointed it to Lestat, “Come on comrade, fight me.”

I took at leap forward and tried to pierce Lestat in the heart, but he pulled his sword out and blocked my thrust. I groaned and he only smiled. I pulled away and we started to fight, each of us blocking shots and trying to cut the other. If I couldn’t block the shot in time or move away fast enough, I would feel the cold hard mental slice part of skin. I would get a few good shots in, but this was the battle that would change everything. It would decide if good or evil would role the world.

“You can not beat me Gerard! You are too weak!” I heard Lestat yell but I was too focused on completing my mission. I took my sword, faked him out and then formed a nice deep gash in his arm. He groaned in pain and I saw his eyes turn blood red. He yelled as he ran towards me and then suddenly, he stabbed the edge of his sword into the side of my stomach. I could feel it slowly enter me, shooting pain from every side. He laughed and smiled as he pulled it out of me. He pushed me to the ground and I turned stomach side down. I could feel the pain coursing through my body and all I could think about was Analisa and how I might never see her again. I would never get to taste the softness of her lips or hold her fragile body in my arms. I would never be able to have children with her or watch them grow into vampires of the night. I knew that if I wanted all of this to come true, I needed to get up now. I needed to beat Lestat at his own game, “Looks like the hero has finally fallen.”

I knew he was about to thrust his sword downward toward my head, but I turned over quickly and reached my sword up. I could feel the sword enter Lestat’s chest and piercing his heart. I saw the shock look in his eyes as I push further and then pulled out. He was bleeding heavily, but I pushed him to the ground and took deep breaths. I knew he was dead and I would never worry about him coming back this time. I let my sword go and stared up to the smoky sky thinking that I could die now from this wound. I could feel my eyes getting heavy and my breathing short. I could hear people calling my name from a far. Then all of a sudden, everything turned black.

Image

I saw the one sight I wished never to see. I saw Mikey and Bob carrying Gerard’s body towards the house. I shook my head and heard foot steps behind me slowly walking down. I saw the girls holding hands and crying as the followed from behind. I took off running towards them and I saw Mikey stopping. He and Bob placed Gerard on the ground and stood back. I ran and kneed down beside him. I could see the tender red wound that was bleeding and his skin turning even paler. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nikki running towards Frankie and jumping in his arms. She cried into his shoulder and he held her tight, whispering strong and encouraging words.

Mikey had brought Zanira in his arms and run his fingers through her hair and told her to calm down. She cried into his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. Cay was holding Bob’s hand and looking away, into the horizon. I knew that they weren’t close, but I knew that something was growing. Ray kneeled down beside me and rubbed my back.

“He fought a great battle Analisa, you should be proud of him. He finally killed Lestat,” he whispered and I shook my head letting the tears fall.

“But he wasn’t supposed to die! He was to live!” I screamed and pounded the ground. I felt Ray pull me into a hug but I pushed him away and cried into Gerard’s lifeless chest. He continued to rub my back as I cried. I never felt pain like this before. I never had to experience someone I love die. I never thought that he would have fallen on the battlefield.

“Come on Analisa, we need to bring him into the house,” he whispered and tried to pull me up. I struggled with him, but he got me to my feet. He tried to warp his arms around me for a hug, but I pushed him away and ran. I ran away from the ground, away from Gerard’s dead body and away from life. I knew that I couldn’t survive without Gerard by my side. I knew that nothing was going to be right again.

I took off into the woods and down the river. I felt my breath became short and I could feel the wind blowing through my hair. I felt free in that few seconds until I felt my feet stumble and I fell to the ground. I fell to my knees and pounded the ground; Out of both frustration and anger. How could something like this happen?

Image

The group watched as Analisa ran off into the dark woods. All the guys were about to go after her, but Ray commanded them to stop.

“She needs her space right now,” he whispered and stood by Gerard’s feet. Mikey nodded and grabbed his shoulders. They continued to carry him to the house and into the living room. They set him down on the couch, and in that moment, his father and Analisa’s mother, Carrie, walked into the room. Both looked shocked and sad.

“What happened?” Gerard’s father asked.

“Gerard went up against Lestat. He destroyed him, but in the process he slowly died sir,” Ray explained as the girls continued to cry and the men comforted them. But someone in that room was hiding a secret, a secret that would change everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE: I just want to everyone know that this story will end at 20... but i do have a sequel for you guys. I am so happy that it is over and done, I am proud of it and I know Cay is proud of me too. ily. But please comment me and let me know your thoughts about the chapter and sequel or just the story in general. i love feedback.