Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 19

Thunder roared through the air and the wind started to pick up. The temperature dropped drastically and darkness filled the forest. I sat besides the river thinking about what my life was going to be like now, since I no longer had Gerard in my life. What would become of me? Would I ever find love again? Tears streamed down my cheeks as I imagined Gerard’s body just laying there on the ground, not moving and not awake. I had never experience the hurt that I am feeling, and I wish I never did. At first, he didn’t mean a thing to me and soon enough I realized that he was something I needed in my life. He was my other half that completed me.

I brushed my tears away and felt the first rain drops hit my arms. As I watched it slowly begin to rain, I knew that life just wouldn’t be the same anymore. I experienced that love and compassion for someone, and I don’t think I could ever experience that again. I knew after tonight, I never wanted to walk this world alone, that I couldn’t keep on living. I slowly stood up and braced myself for the decision, to live a life of emptiness or end it now. I sighed heavily and looked towards the sky, I no longer was angry at my father for making this decision for me, I was actually happy that he did. I would never experience life or love if it wasn’t for his fatherly instincts kicking in. I smiled lightly and then frown knowing I would disappoint him with the way I was thinking now. But who could blame me? The only one I love is gone and not coming back.

I slowly walked through the now heavy rain. I walked through a cluster of trees and remember all the times that I wanted to do this. Of course they were stupid reasons that were out of selfishness, but this time it was different. I was hurting badly inside and nothing could ever cure that depression. I exited the clump of trees and came to a steep cliff. I looked over the edge and saw the sharp rocks and endless river. A tear fell from my eyes and I took a deep breath before I slowly walked towards the end, feeling a high that would cure this hurt, which would end the depression. I looked straight ahead and was about to jump off the edge until I heard something.

Image

As everyone stood around Gerard’s body, Carrie took a deep breath. For her, saving Gerard would mean the world to her daughter, that her daughter needed a shot at love. She slowly pushed her way towards Gerard’s body and stood above it. Of course no one had a clue what she was doing but her and Alexander. What they didn’t know was that while they were away fighting, Carrie begged him to turn her because she knew she would be a natural healer. While the children were destroying the army of mindless zombies, Alexander changed Carrie into a vampire.

Slowly Carrie pushed her way through the small crowd. One by one gave her a curious eye as she got closer to Gerard’s body. Alexander stood about Gerard’s head and brushed the hair out of his eyes.

“Are you sure about this Carrie?” Alexander asked her. She didn’t even have to think twice about this. She stood over his lifeless body and put her hands over the wound. Everyone watched in curiosity as they saw Carrie close her eyes. Suddenly light came from her eyes and she started to shake heavily. Everyone grasp as they heard groans from her mouth, “Carrie, stop. You’re going to kill yourself!”

She paid no attention to Alexander’s request. She only cared about her daughter and her love for Gerard. She knew that she had lived her life and Analisa was just starting hers. Just when Carrie was going to black out, Gerard’s chest rose and he took in a deep breath. Everyone was in awe as they watched his eyes pop open. He sat straight up and coughed heavily, looking around the room.

“What happened?” he asked softly, “Where is Analisa?”

“Calm down son, you need to relax for a minute,” his father stated and held onto his shoulders.

“No, I need her. Where is she?” he pushed his father’s hands off of him and stood up straight. He swayed a bit, but gained his balanced. He looked around the room and there still was no sign of her.

“She ran off into the forest,” Ray said and Gerard started at him.

“And no one stopped her!” he groaned and started to walk out of the living room. Everyone followed close behind.

“Gerard, just let her come home. She needs to vent,” Ray stated. Gerard stopped dead in his tracks and looked back at Ray.

“Well, you should have gone after her!” he hissed and walked outside. He ran down the steps and Ray was about to follow him until Gerard’s father stopped him. Ray started up at him confused.

“Let them have their space,” he whispered and ushered everyone back inside.

Image

“Gerard…” I asked lightly as it started to rain. The water on his face made his hair cling to his beautiful face staring back at me. There was no way this was happening. He was dead and he wasn’t supposed to be coming back. He slowly walked towards me and all I could think was that I was making this up, “…you’re dead.”

“Analisa, please back away from the ledge baby,” his voice so soft and gentle. I fought the battle in me, whether I was crazy or this was actually happening. I looked over the edge and saw my fatal death at the bottom, and then I looked towards Gerard, towards a life of happiness.

“But you’re not real. You dead!” I yelled in the rain. He just stared into my eyes and walked closer. I slowly backed up and Gerard realized that and stopped.

“I am not dead anymore baby. Your mother, she saved me,” he spoke slowly. I shook my head and tried to wrap my mind around what he was explaining.

“Prove it!” I yelled and he smiled.

“Come here and I will prove it,” he said and I knew that it was only my imagine playing a trick on me. So I smirked knowing I was going to out beat my mind, and walked towards Gerard. I got closer to him and stood in front of him. He looked deep into my eyes and smiled. He reached up and slid his hands against my skin and I melted inside. I was so confused because this was the way he always felt, but this time I did not know that it was actually happening. Tears filled my eyes as he stared down at me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close. “I’ve been waiting for this for so long.”

Suddenly, Gerard leaned down and pressed his soft pink lips against me. Both fireworks and bombs blew up inside me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms went tight around my waist. He started to kiss harder, sliding his tongue across my lower lip, begging to enter. I smiled and parted my lips and then kiss exploded with passion. His hands ran up and down my back and then one into my hair, holding my head firm. This was the perfect moment, kissing the only man I have ever loved in the rain, but was this all in my head or was this real?

“This is real baby,” he whisper against my lips and brought me into a hug. Feeling his strong arms wrap around my body, I knew that this was real. That we had found our way home in each other’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE: after this one, there will only be one more sadly.. but there will be a sequel. So if you guys are really hxc about this story, comment me and i will start on it right away.