Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 4

I quickly ran out of the kitchen and up to my room. I did not want to be around Gerard. I didnt want to get to know him? Or even talk to him for that matter. I silently cursed myself and my father. Why did he do this to me? I am his daughter, his own flesh and blood. I stormed over to my bed and flopped down. I groan as I laid down and started at the ceiling. It was a horrible day and I think it could get worse.

"Analisa?" I heard Cay say as she popped her head into my room. I sat up and smiled lightly at her. She came all the way into my room and leaned up against the door, "So... that was a little awkward."

"Yeah, but whatever," I said getting up and walking towards my desk. I sat down and started playing with a little Koosh ball.

"So, what are you gonna do about this Ana?" she asked as she sat on my bed and held her knees to her chest. I leaned back on my chair and started to toss my ball up into the air. I didn't know what I was going to do. I know that there was no way out of this and that I was going to have to go there with this, but why now. I wanted to live out my life the way I wanted to. I wanted to go and hang out until the early hours of the morning, I wanted to go to college and just live the college life. I was dreaming about that life since I started high school. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door and I felt my breath get caught in my throat, hopefully it wasn't him. I turned towards Cay and she was looking at the door, "Come in." I watched as the door slowly entered and my hopes were crushed. Gerard walked in and closed the door behind him. Cay looked over at me and then at her knees. I just stared at Gerard for a minute and started to play with my ball.

"I think we should talk, Analisa," he said as he walked closer to my desk. I rolled my eyes and started to toss my Koosh ball back up into the air. I didn't want to talk to him right now. Couldnt he see that this was a big thing for me and that I cant just be alright with everything?

"I don't feel like talking right now, Gerard," I hissed and didnt bother to look at him. I heard him groan and slam his fist down on my desk. Both Cay and I jumped a little and I just started at him.

"All I wanted from you was a little consideration and just talk to me. Jeeze, Analisa, you were not the only one surprised by this," he said angrily and just stared into my eyes.

"Maybe I should-"

"No, stay there," I cut off Cay and just stared back at Gerard.

"No I think she should go downstairs, we need to talk... alone," Gerard comment and I saw the confusion in Cay's eyes. I sighed and got up. I knew that talking was going to get us nowhere, so I started walking towards the door, "Where are you going?"

"I don't need to tell you everything," I hissed over my shoulder and continued to talk out the door not bother looking back. I ran down the stairs and to the kitchen where my mom and Alexander was sitting at the counter, "I am not doing this arrange marriage shit. It's not fair, I don't even have a say in this."

"Analisa, please calm down," my mother tried to relax me, but I just glared at her. How can she be calm with this?

"How can you let this happen, mom? Seriously, I am your daughter and don't you wish me to have a life of my own?" I asked as I got closer to them.

"Of course I want you to have a life of your own sweetie; it's just that I have no control of this situation. Your father made it officially not me," she explained staring into my eyes. I felt betrayed by my own family and all I could do was give glares. I then glared towards Alexander and walked closer to him.

"I hate you and my father," I hissed and he didnt move an inch. He stared into my eyes like he was searching for something. Then suddenly I felt relaxed and calm. I was utterly confused and had no clue why I was feeling this way. I gave Alexander a confused voice and he only smiled. What had he done?

"Analisa...oh hello," Cay said as she ran into the kitchen. Everyone turn their attention towards her and she only blushed with a shy smile. I looked to the ground and tried to find an explanation for what just happen to me. One minute I was filled with rage and anger and now I was calm and serene.

"Ah, hello Cadance," Alexander said as he stood up and looked at her.

"Hello, call me Cay please," she only smiled and looked over at me confused. I shrugged my shoulders and just looked at Alexander.

"Alright, Cay, why don't you spend the night? I know Carrie wont mind you here," Alexander looked over his shoulder at my mother and shook her head no.

"No, I don't mind. It would be a pleasure to have you here," she smiled at Cay and Cay nodded. She looked over at me but I was to busy looked up at Alexander.

"Well, let me go and call my mom and tell her," she explained and then left the room. I sighed and looked back over at them. Alexander only smiled and my mom gave me a half smile, like she was sad about something. I just brushed it off as I was going to go follow Cay. Just as I was about to turn around and head to the door way, there stood Gerard. He solemnly looked at me and then at the floor. I knew something was wrong, I could see it on his face and I could see it on my mothers face.

"What's going on here?" I asked out allowed and Gerard just looked away.

"Well Analisa, there is something we need to tell you dear. It isn't going to be good news but its something you need to know," Alexander explain and looked at him confused. What more bad news will I have to hear now?

"What are you talking about?" I asked him as I lifted my head up high and looked him in the eye.

"Well, tomorrow you are expected to have most of your things packed up and ready to leave," he explained and my mouth just fell open. Did he just tell me I had to move out by tomorrow?

"Leave? What the hell are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Tomorrow, you will be leaving with us and heading to our house. Seeing as your going to enter our family, you need to stay with us," he explained fully and I felt my heart break. I never really fully realized that I would actually have to leave my house, leave my friends, and leave my mom. I looked up suddenly and looked at my mother who had tears in her eyes. I bite down on my lower lip and shook my head.

"That's not fair, I never wanted this," I cried and felt something grab my hand. I whipped my head around and stared at Gerard. He looked sorry and sad. I glared at him and tore my arm away. I stormed out of the kitchen and ran up the stairs, knowing that I should start packing now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You will not survive Dark Princess, I will destroy you," I heard a sinister voice say from the darkness. That's all I saw was darkness until I saw these piercing bloody red eyes that made me cringe. I felt my breath get caught in my throat as he moved closer to me. then suddenly I felt a hard stab in my chest and I looked down to see that a wooden stake was stab into my heart. I looked up with a shocked face and saw the red eyes and then the sinister smile. I tried to open my mouth, but nothing came out. I was like I had lost my voice box and couldn't speak. I felt my eyes start to water and the pain was finally setting in. I felt like boiling water was coursing through my veins and that my head was being crushed in. I fell to my knees and tried to pull the stake out of my heart, but I couldn't. I was too weak and was barely holding onto my immortal life. I looked once more into those blood red eyes before I fell completely to the floor and whispered the only thing I could...

"Gerard..."

I shot straight up and looked around my room. I felt my heart beat race as I was completely dark. I reached over to my lamp and turned it on, only to find out it was only a dream. The whole thing was a dream, but it felt so real. I looked around the room to make sure it was a dream and it was once I saw Cay sleeping on the floor. I sighed as I looked at the clock and it was three in the morning. I moan angrily as I pushed back the covers and slipped on my slippers.

I knew I wasn't going to get anymore sleep tonight, so I walked out of my room and down into the kitchen. Before walking into the room, I saw a faint light coming from the doorway and I felt my heart start to race once again and knew this was not a dream. I slowly walked towards the doorway and turned my head to look into the kitchen. The refrigerator door was open and someone was looking inside of it. Feeling brave, I walked into the room and looked to see how it was. I was about to grab the person when they stood up and smiled at me. it was the girl, Zanira. I sighed a sign of relief and held a hand over my heart.

"Jeeze, you scared me," I whispered not wanting to wake anyone up. I walked past her and grab a cup to fill up with water.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't think anyone was up at this hour," she explained as she drank from a dark water bottle. It had a cover over it, so I had no idea what she was drinking. After filling up my cup I sat down at the table and she did the same.

"What are you drinking?" I asked her as I played with my cup.

"Oh this? It's...umm...fruit punch," she stumbled on her words and couldn't look me in the eye. I think she was lying.

"Oh, I love fruit punch. Mind if I take a sip?" I asked her reaching over.

"YES!" she whispered loudly and pulled it away. I was a little taken back and stared at her shocked, "Sorry, I would but my medicine is mixed with it and if you drank it, then you could get really sick."

"Oh, okay," I said and finished off my water. I placed the cup back down and stared into the bottom of that cup. I felt as if I was at the bottom of that cup. It felt like I was small and easy to throw around. Sure my mother did love me, but why would she let this stranger take her daughter away and be okay with it. she didnt show one tear during the whole night and it tore me apart. It was like she was okay that I was leaving and I might not get to see her for a while. I felt my eyes start to water up and I felt a gentle cold hand rest on my warm one.

"I know how you're feeling sweetie, I was in the same situation," she whispered and I looked at her shocked.

"I don't get it," I whispered and continue to stare at her.

"When I was your age, Alexander came to me and told me the same thing. I had to marry Mikey, but we didn't have to go as fast as you and Gerard are going. But Mikey and I spent a few days with each other and those were the best days of my life. So that's when we decided that we wanted to get married. It was just amazing and it's still amazing to be married to him," she explained.

"Wait, you don't look old enough to be married already," I commented.

"Well I am nineteen and Mikey is twenty, so we are not too much different in age. But Ana, just give Gerard a chance. He can be extremely rough around the edges, but deep inside he is the sweetest and nicest guy out there. He will love you like no other guy could," she said softly and I shook my head. No, I was not going to fall in love with Gerard. It was crazy and stupid to fall for a guy like that.

"No, I can't love Gerard. I don't even know the guy," I told her and gripped my cup tighter.

"Then get to know him. You wont be sorry," she said and just then I realized we were not alone in the kitchen. I looked up in the doorway and saw Gerard standing there with his head down. Zanira turned around and smiled lightly. She looked back at me and nodded. She slowly got up and squeezed his hand while whispering something in his ear. He only nodded as she left the kitchen.

"Hi," he said lightly and sat in the chair was sitting in. I didn't say anything back and I felt bad. I know I shouldn't just shut him out like that, but I was still angered by the whole situation. He only sighed and looked the ground below him.

"Didn't sleep well?" I asked him without looking at him. He was a little stunned that I said something and I was stunned myself.

"No not really. I rarely sleep that much anymore," he explained and looked around the kitchen and then at me, "And you? Did you sleep well?"

"I had a nightmare," I said lightly and moved the cup in my hands.

"Really? Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked me. I shrugged and decided to tell him, what harm could it do?

"It was pitch dark and I heard this voice, it was just pure evil. It told me that I would not survive Dark Princess, that I will destroy you. Then suddenly he pierced my heart with a wooden stake and I his blood red eyes just seemed so serene and content. Like nothing cared to him. I felt like my body was boiling and my head felt like it was going to be crushed. Then suddenly I woke up," I explained to him and Gerard stared at me shocked and then anger took over his face. He stood up quickly and was ready to leave, "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's just..." his face soften as he looked at me and sighed heavily, "I forgot something important in my room. But I should probably get more sleep since we have a long drive ahead of use tomorrow. So maybe you should get more rest," he explained and left me speechless in the kitchen, leaving me with my thoughts.

After leaving the kitchen quickly, I ran down the hallway to where my father was resting. I was so worried and I felt fear course through me. Why was I feeling this? Why did I fear about Analisa's safety? She has been completely immature and stubborn since I got here. The least she could have done was make the best of this whole situation. I knocked on the door and heard a groan from inside. I heard him walk to the door and opening it.

"What is it Gerard?" he asked angrily. I sighed and looked to the ground.

"I need to talk to you about something," I said and he stepped aside noticing that it was important. I walked into his room and I heard the door close lightly.

"What is so important that you had to disturb me?"

"Analisa, she had a dream," I started to say but my father cut me off.

"Seriously son, I know you're marrying this girl, but I really don't care about what she is dreaming," he said angrily.

"But Father, she had a dream about Lestat," I told him and he froze.

"She knows about Lestat?" he asked sitting on a chair and I sat on the bed.

"No, but she said that it was completely dark except for these bloody red eyes. She said that he told her that the dark princess wouldn't survive and that he was going to destroy her. And he staked her father. How does he know about her?"

"Are you sure it was Lestat? You know the human brain, it loves to play tricks on the body and mind," he commented and I shook my head.

"No father, this sounds exactly like Lestat, who else has bloody eyes?"

"Alright, I think we should keep an extra eye on her. She is not to be alone at anytime, do you hear me?" he said standing up. I nodded and stood up. We walked out of my room and down the hallway. We came to Analisa's door and I gave my father a confused look. He didn't bother looking at me as he knocked on the door lightly and we heard a small shuffle coming from inside. The door opened and there she was. Even though I was mad at the way she was acting earlier, I couldnt help but let it go and just smile at her beauty. But I held in that smile and just looked to the ground.

"Sorry if we woke you up Analisa, but I would like Gerard to spend the night in your room," he explained and both our eyes shot up at him.

"What?" we both said in unison.

"I would feel much better if Gerard was with you at all times. You are very precious to a lot of people Analisa, and I don't want any harm done to you, he explained and just smiled. This was one of his sick games. I knew it was.

"I am sorry, but I think I will be fine for one night. I don't need Gerard to protect me," she hissed as she looked over at me. I couldn't help but feel hurt. I was supposed to spend the rest of my immortal life with this woman and she is being completely immature about everything.

"I will not take no for an answer. He is to spend the night in your room and sleep next to you," he said as he pushed the door open and pushed you in. I stumbled into the room and right into Analisa. She gave me a disgusted look as I pulled away from her. I looked around the room and noticed that Cay was still asleep on the floor.

"Fine, he can sleep in here, but he has to sleep on the floor," she gave into half of his command.

"No, he is to sleep next to you. Plus, you both need get use to it," he said and turned to walk away. He pulled the door shut and we both sighed. I looked over at her and she was looking everywhere but me. This was going to be a long night...