Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 9

I stood in front of a full length mirror wearing the beautiful dress Gerard had given me, but I was really focused on what was around my neck. His grandmother’s pearls must be extremely important to Gerard and I couldn’t understand why he gave them to me to wear. Sure I was his fiancée, but I was still felt very uncomfortable wearing such prized position like this. I let my fingers gazed the pearls gently wondering why all of the sudden he wanted to be a part of my life. We had our difference in the beginning, but people do change and their feelings also.

“They are beautiful,” I heard Gerard comment behind me. Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, he was standing behind me letting his hand rest on my shoulders. I could only smile and nod as I stared into his eyes. The deep hazel eyes always reminded me of my favorite season, the fall. It was warm and relaxing staring into them as if I was staring out of a window watching the brown leaves fall to the ground.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked him.

“Anything darling,” he whispered as he studied my face and watched the happiness dance across my face.

“Why me? why did you pick me?” I asked him the question that bugged me. How could a caring guy want to be with a poor girl like me and want to save me from an evil vampire, whose mission is to destroy me? And why on earth would he want me to have his grandmother’s pearls?

“Well-“ he started to say but a man wearing a black tie enter our room and announced that guest had arrived, “we will talk about this later.” I nod knowing that we wouldn’t have time right now to have this conversation. I smiled up at him as he extended his hand for me to take. I laughed lightly as I took his hand and he led me out of our room.

He led me down the long hallway and at the top of the stairs; you could see many people standing around talking and laughing. It was an image that you only saw in movies and wishing you could be that girl who would walk down the stairs and everyone one would look. I had those dreams a few times, but I never thought they would actually come true. I looked up at Gerard nervously, but all he did was smile, sure he was use to this thing, but me, I was ready to jump out of my skin. I took a deep breath and heard Gerard’s soft voice, “You ready?”

I nodded and we slowly walked down the steps. Every step I took, I was praying and hoping that I wouldn’t trip on my dress and tumble to the bottom. Half way down the stairs I noticed that more and more people had turn their heads and watched as we slowly made our way down the stairs. It was nerve racking watching those vampires watch me like I was a piece of meat. I felt like at any moment on of them would fly up and just kill me on the spot. Then suddenly, I felt calm and serene, just like in the kitchen at home. It was weird; I wasn’t nervous or scared anymore. I look up at Gerard and he only smiled as we continued to walk down the stairs. We finally made it down the stairs and it felt as if a lift was lifted off my shoulders.

“That was the hardest part, it’s all easy persy pumpkin squeezy, pumpkin pie,” he whispered and smile at the crowd along with waving. I had to bite down on my lip from laughing and I looked up at him, “I am glad you are more relaxed.” I smiled and looked to the ground. Maybe Gerard was this nice guy that was meant for me. At the beginning, if I thought I was saying this, I would think I would be tripping on acid. I smiled more to myself as I felt Gerard’s hand grip mine and give it a squeeze letting me know that he wouldn’t leave me.

Image

As Gerard and I stood in a group of about ten people, I felt him tug my hand, which meant that we had to move or met more people. It was hard to remember a lot of people’s names and faces. He pulled me away from the group, and smiled down at me, “Now its time you met the most important people you will ever met.”

I felt a huge limp in my throat as Gerard told me this. I thought everyone we met was important, but these people will be highly important. What if they don’t like me? What if they think I’m not good enough for Gerard? I bit my lip as Gerard pulled me through the crowd, dodging groups of people and leading me into a small room, with people more our age, “God, I was wondering when you would show your pale face around here!”

“Shut up shrimp,” Gerard laugh and I stared at him shocked. It was then I realized it was his friends he wanted me to meet; Thus making this whole situation harder because if they don’t like me, they will certainly express their feelings to him. I looked to the ground and hoped that they would like me, “Anyways, everyone I want you to met my fiancée, Analisa,” he told everyone and looked at me with a knee-weaking smile. I then looked around the small group.

“This is Bob,” Gerard pointed to a buzzed blonde bulky guy. He had his lip pieced and had amazing baby blue eyes, “And his Sister Nikki,” he motioned towards a girl with short brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes. She was thin but not sickly thin and she smiled politely, “That is Ray,” he pointed to a guy that had a dark afro and it moved as he nodded towards me. I smiled as Gerard pointed to the last person, “and this shrimp is Frankie,” he said and he was short. He wasn’t really short enough to call shrimp, but he was the shortest one in the group. His hair was long and black and his lip was pieced. I also could tell he had a tattoo way up by his ear, but I didn’t bother asking him why it was there.

“I am so glad that Gerard is finally settling down, it’s actually amazing,” Nikki said as she moved past Bob and stood next to me. Before that though, the boys had started a nonsense conversation, letting us girls talk.

“What do you mean?” I asked her with a confuse expression.

“Just that Gerard was never the type to actually have a girlfriend and settle down, it’s a change, but a really good change,” she explained and I felt better. She was happy to see Gerard starting his own life, but wasn’t too sure that he was ready for it. I smile and nodded as I watch him talk to his friends.

“Dinner is served,” we heard a guy in a black suit announce making everyone walk quickly into the dinning room. The room was huge and it was filled with tables of all shapes and sizes. Some held two and others fit eight people, like our table. Gerard sat at the head of the table with me on his left, Ray next to me, Nikki, Bob at the other end, Frankie, Zanira and then Mikey sitting across from me. It was a relaxed group and it seemed like they could have fun with each other. It almost felt like I was home.

In no time, we were in the middle of the dinner and we as a group were having the time of our life. We would talk, laugh and joke as if we were long time friends, which to me, made me feel wonderful; that his friends accepted me and had nothing bad or nasty to say about me.

“So tell me Analisa, how do you feel about being turned?” Frankie asked just as the table was calming down from a fit of laughter. But when he asked about being turned, everything in my body became numb. I looked to Gerard who looked shocked at first and then anger covered his face. The table got quiet as Gerard continued to glare at him.

“Turned?” I asked Gerard who looked at me with sorrow.

“I was going to tell yo-“ but before Gerard could continue what he was saying, I stood up and ran out of the dinning room, out of the house and into the cold night air. I ran down the stony driveway feeling completely hurt. Once my legs were tried, I stopped and crouched down, I felt the tears welling up and I let them fall. I never thought I would have to be turned into a vampire. I never wanted to be a blood sucking monster that stalks its prey in the shadows. As I sat down on the ground, not caring that I was wearing a white dress, I heard footsteps behind me.

“Go away Gerard,” I said as I covered my face with my hands.

“But I am not your beloved Gerard,” I heard a creepy voice come from behind. I turned around and stared into the blood red eyes of Lestat.

Image

I watched as Analisa ran out of the room, feeling her sorrow. It had to be hard for her to be in this situation where she didn’t know anyone and she was forced into a family that she hardly knew. I frowned as everyone shot me worried glances and my father gave me a sad smile. I sat back in my chair normally, feeling everyone burn holes in my back and watch the people at my table glare at Frankie.

“Look I am sorry, I thought she knew,” Frankie defended.

“And what did, shut up Frankie, don’t you understand,” Mikey hissed, telling everyone that he told him to stay quiet with his mind powers. I watched as everyone was glaring, but I knew they had to stop. It wasn’t Frankie’s fault, I should have told her before, when I knew it was suppose to happen.

“Frankie, don’t worry about it seriously, things will smooth over,” I reassured him but then out of no where, I had this weird gut feeling that something bad was going to happen. I looked around the table quietly and knew it was no for anyone in here, the only person was… “Analisa.”

“What?” I heard Frankie ask and then suddenly all attention was focused on me. I stood up quickly and threw my fancy, overpriced napkin onto the table and took off towards the door, “Wait up Gerard,” I heard Frankie say, but I didn’t. I knew something was wrong, and I wasn’t about to let it happen.

Image

“Well, well, well… look who we have here,” Lestat mockingly said as he stood in front of me. He suddenly held me a trance and kept his hold on me. I felt fear rise in my throat as I watch his blood red ones pour into my soul looking for something, any things that would make me life more miserable. Then out of no where, his board stare turned into something frighten and disturbing. The corner of his mouth turned upwards and his eyes were full of mystery. What was he doing? What were his plans?

“Has Gerard told you about all his past and how I destroyed him? How I took everything he ever had?” he asked as he walks around me in circles.

“What?” I asked knowing his family was responsible for a good portion of his family tragedies.

“He didn’t tell you that I am the one who took his mother away from him or that I killed all of the girls he ever came into contact with,” he explained with a grin, “Yes, I killed his mother in a slow, unbearable. She would scream for hours –

“Stop!” I yelled

“And his girlfriends were the easiest. They were all a bunch of easy girls and liked a man who knew his way around a bed,” he smirked and I glared at him.

“You are a menace,” I hissed and he only smiled.

“Well, Analisa, I think its time for you to make your impending doom just like everyone who Gerard loved,” he whispered as he grabbed hold of my neck. I tried to move and get away, but he only held me tighter. And that’s when I felt it, the piercing pain shooting through my neck. Nothing ever felt like this in my life, it was unbearable, but at the same time, I felt everything was being drained from my body, that all the pain and sorrow was leaving me. Slowly as the pain decreased, black took over and I was slipped into the darkness of my mind.

Image

I ran outside and could not find Analisa anywhere. It was like she disappeared into thin air and was nowhere to be found. I looked to my left and then to my right, but my gut was telling me to go straight. I knew that it was right, so I ran down the stony driveway and saw those blood colored eyes stare at me with pure evil in his eyes. And that’s when it hit me; he was biting her and draining the blood from her body. I growled and ran towards them, “Leave her alone.”

“Your too late,” he laughed as he let her body fall to the ground and whipped his mouth with the back of his hand. He gave a wick smile as he slowly backed up and watched her emotionless body. Then right when I was about to grab him, he backs up and then turned into a grayish cloud of smoke. I turned around quickly and saw my beautiful Analisa’s body grow cold and her breathing slowing down. I dropped to my knees and leaned down to look into her ever fading starless eyes. I knew what I had to do to save her. She was suffering inside and I knew the cure that would keep her breathing, the cure that would make her immortal forever.

I didn’t know if she wanted to be turned, but I knew I had to do it. She was my everything, like it or not, I had fallen for this girl. She was the only thing I had focused on and couldn’t keep my mind off of her. If I wanted her to stay by my side, I had to turn her into something she might not like, but I was willing to risk that, just so I would have her by my side.

I pushed her hair out of the way and let the wound be shown. I could smell the iron pouring out of the too small holes that was causing her to come closer to death by the second. I sighed and whispered a sorry in her ear. Then I let my fangs fall down and without a second thought, I plunged my fangs into the same holes that were there and I sucked out the warm poison that Lestat left in her blood. I sucked until every last drop was out, and that’s when I spit it out onto the ground. She was still getting closer to death because she had lost a good amount of her blood.

I sighed and kiss my beloved Analisa on the forehead, whispering yet another sorry and promised her everything was going to work out in the end. I slowly closed my lips around her wounds and sucked more blood, until I felt her on the brink of death. Then with a sharp nail, I sliced my wrist, and saw my cold blood spill out and onto my skin. I sigh as I knew I was about to put her though something she will hate me forever, but I was ready for that risk. I placed my wound over top of her mouth and whispered for her to drink.

I felt her lips slowly attach to my skin and I felt her suck at my wound softly. I smoothed out her hair as she drank from my body, making her into what I was. I felt her sucking become stronger and her breathing was increasing. She was restoring her strength and was coming back around. Soon enough, she stopped drinking and rested her head on my knee. She pasted out from the pain her body endured and was quietly sleeping on my lap. I sighed and knew I had made a decision that was either going to bring us closer, or tear us apart. One could only hope that it would bring us closer.

“Gerard…” I heard a light voice. I looked up and saw that Frankie was staring in awe at the scene before him. I nodded and looked back at Analisa, praying that she was strong enough for what changes her body and her mind were going to make. But I knew I was going to be there for every second, watching over her and making sure she makes it though.

“Help me move her into the house,” I said lightly to Frankie and I felt him approach us. I slowly stood up and I sling one of her arms around my neck and Frankie took her other arm and did the same thing. We slowly walked, in silence, as we helped her up the stairs and into the house with curious eyes. I saw Zanira out of the corner of my eye looking frighten and then sad. I keep my head down as we made our way to the stairs and then up them slowly. I directed him to help me get her into our room and onto the bed. I slide in next to her and had her curled up against the side of my body, letting her head rest on my chest. She was like my angel, the one thing I could depend on now. Sure we had our differences in the beginning, but things were going to change now, for the better. I sighed as I brush my fingers through her hair and watched her breath slowly.

“You are so lucky,” I heard Frankie sigh and then sit on the edge of the bed, “At least you get to show your affections to the only girl you love.”

“So I guess you haven’t told Bob yet…” I trailed off, seeing the hurt in my best friend’s eyes.

“No, I want to tell him, but Nikki is too afraid that he will flip and go on a murdering ramp page or something. It just sucks, because I love Nikki to death, but I can’t show the world what I feel,” Frankie ranted and I knew he was truly hurting inside.

“I’m sure Bob will understand, I mean, he is a pretty easy going guy,” I tried to convince him.

“Yeah, but when it comes to Nikki, he kicks into overprotective mode,” he said and stood up, “Anyways, its not a good time right now. Just watch over Analisa and I will explain to everyone what had happen, with a few minor details being switched around.”

I nodded as I watched him leave sadly out of his room. If I could only take away his pain, and leave him more happiness then he could ever hope for.