Status: Active of Course

Deception at Finest

You Look Delectable In Red

Mr. Styles or Harry, I learned he received a shipment of books every two weeks, I didn’t really want to be the one to deliver it but it seems he called and told them I would be doing his deliveries from now on. Darla wasn’t happy about it at all, but Erica felt sorry for me as I told her he kind of freaked me out a bit. I wasn’t sure what to think of Mr. Styles, I’d asked about him but most people just said to beware of him, ladies seemed to want him and men feared him and it blew my mind.

I walked the windy streets, it being September in London I was freezing. I pulled my coat tighter against my body hoping to keep more warmth in. I was on my way to Alicia’s for a night out apparently. Alicia was something else, she worked in fashion and she was great at what she did too, everything about her screamed confident and beautiful. She was one of those girls most people would die to be friends with and I was happy she was my friend; it made my dull life a little livelier.

Her apartment was massive, apparently her parents were rich and she herself seemed to make quite a bit of money at the magazine she worked at. It was such a modern setting, silver, black, and white everywhere with black and white paintings on the wall.

“You’re finally here Alice” she squealed as she ushered me in.

I smiled at her and she was so enthusiastic. She was dressed fairly flashy which for her wasn’t out of the ordinary, her golden shiny strapless bandage dress hugged her curves perfectly and her sheer black tights and mini black heeled boots made her look like walking perfection. Her blonde hair was up in the perfect bun and she had bumped her bangs to make a perfect little bridge, blue eyes sparkling with a smoky eye shadow over the lids topped off with a pale pink lipstick. I was dressed much more casual and down to earth I suppose, I had my long brown curls down around my face, contrasting with my pale skin, and I was wearing a black skirt that stopped right above my knees and pleated around my body, I had paired with a grey sweater that read in black letters “Simple is Better”. It being cold I had thrown on a pair of black leggings with my favorite grey lace up boots. I didn’t really bother with much make up, I was never good at putting it on honestly.

“You look adorable hun, we are going to a club to meet up with some of my mates, it’ll be lots of fun you will love them-“

She continued talking but I was barely listening, she was extremely talkative and a lot of the things she talked about I could generally care less about. I enjoyed her company though considering I had no one sometimes being alone is too much. You have too much time to consider everything you have ever done wrong and it makes you feel a little crazy. Sometime I feel like I think too much, but I can’t help it, my brain is weird.

“So where are we going, what is the name of this club” I asked.

“It’s called night life, it’s newer, this will be my first time going my friend is friends with the owner, it’s pretty exclusive I guess” she replied.

“Oh, are you sure I’m dressed okay?” I asked realizing I wasn’t really dressed for a club.

“Your fine, don’t worry about it too much” she smiled down at me.

I saw her eyes flash to the left a bit as if she was debating on telling me I was definitely under dressed. I decided to let it go, I don’t even own a dress that is fit for going to a club, truth be told I’m nineteen and I’ve never even thought of going to a club because I’m so socially awkward it would most likely only bring me embarrassment. The club was beautiful honestly; it was elegant not at all what I was expecting. Glass tables lined the back wall with black marble benches and the dance floor had beautiful hanging lanterns above it, it was like a whole other world.

Alicia’s friends were beautiful much like her and they all seemed very nice, I just sat and listened to them all talk mindlessly messing with my hair and taking in everything around me. It was nearing ten and the drinking had began, I didn’t drink. I didn’t know if it was because I wasn’t twenty one and I had been told never to drink before then or if I just didn’t like the stench that wafted from the drink that made people begin to act crazy. I smiled watching Alicia down shot after shot with some beautiful guy.

“You’ve been awfully quiet tonight. I am Nick Grimshaw but most people call me Grimmy. I didn’t quite catch your name earlier”

He was flawless as well, dressed to the nines in some black skinny jeans with nice shoes and a fitted shirt with a blazer. His hair was adorable, slightly curly and he had the brightest smile I think I had ever seen. I realized I should answer his question, realizing I was just staring at him.

“Sorry, my name is Aliceandra but everyone calls me Alice.” I replied with a smile.

“It’s fine, I know I’m handsome, I’d check me out too” He said with a wink causing me to giggle.

“So how do you know Alicia?” I asked him.

“I am actually her boss” he said with a smile.

He was so young, probably mid-twenties, I couldn’t imagine being a boss at that age. I couldn’t be anyone’s boss really, I don’t like being in charge, I don’t like to make decisions for anyone but myself. I don’t even know what I want to do with my life and here two people in the very same room as me not much older were rocking the world.

“That’s quite impressive” I replied with a smile.

“Not compared to one of my best mates he actually owns this club, in fact here he comes now. Don’t be too scared of him he has a bad reputation but he’s something else” He said with a smile nodding his head towards the dance floor.

Stepping off the dance floor with a beautiful blonde on his arms was none other than the ever magnificent Harry Styles. Nick seemed so nice and down to earth I didn’t know much about Styles but I couldn’t picture them as friends. Nick rose to his feet and gave him a hug and for the first time I saw a real smile on Harry’s face and then his eyes landed on me and his eyes seemed to be boring into me.

“Aliceandra” Harry said before Nick got a chance to introduce me.

“Mr. Styles” I replied.

“Now I thought I told you to call me Harry” He smiled but it wasn’t happy it seemed slightly irritated.

“If Harry tells you to do something dear, make sure to do it he doesn’t like not being in control” Nick said with a smile.

I looked down feeling like I had done something wrong, the two men began to talk the blonde that was seated on Harry’s lap seemed to be completely forgotten. She had this hollow look in her eyes, like no one is home. I couldn’t look at her anymore, I turned to look out at the floor again and found Alicia dancing with some guy, I couldn’t help but smile at her carefree life style.

“So you do smile?” Harry said turning his attention to me.

“Of course” I said.

“I couldn’t quite hear you love, you always talk so quietly, it’s like you’re a mouse” he said with a smile.

“Harry that is no way to treat our guest be nice, how do you two know each other anyways, no offense doll but you don’t look like he type to know someone like Haz” Grimshaw said with a smile.

I nodded my head and Harry told him I delivered packages. I could feel Harry’s eyes on me throughout the night but I was more worried about the blonde on his lap. Something was off about her, she hadn’t said one word in the last hour it was like she was a doll. Harry hadn’t moved either and I knew even though she was skinny his leg had to be bothered a bit by her weight but it was like she was nothing to him. I felt like it was time to get home I didn’t belong in places like this, I understood exactly what Nick meant when he said I didn’t look like the type to be here.

I was exactly how Harry described me I was a mouse and somehow I got the feeling Harry was a cat.

“Are you going somewhere love?” Harry asked grabbing my wrist, his hands cold as could be.

“I was about to head home actually” I said with a tight smile towards him.

“Allow me to walk you out then, it would be rude to let a little thing like you walk around unsupervised in a place like this.”

He was always talking about me like I was nothing but a little child compared to him and I didn’t like it. I tried to get my wrist out of his tight hold but it was pointless.

“No thanks” I replied.

“Oh you though I was asking to walk you out sweetheart you don’t seem to realize that what I say is law.” He said with a smile carelessly placing the blonde girl down by Nick and pulling me with him as he headed for the door.

People were giving us odd looks as I struggled in his hold but not one person stepped forward to stop him. I knew then and there, something was different about Harry Styles.

“Now why are you fighting so hard to get away from me sweetheart, most women flock to me” He said.

“Maybe I’m not interested”

“No you’re interested I can see it in your innocent eyes, but I’m pretty sure you terrified of me” He replied smiling.

“I’m not terrified, I’m cautious”

“And you should be”

I didn’t know what to think, he hailed me a cab and gave the driver some money, he didn’t even let me pay for my own cab. I just looked at him, he had this knowing smile on his face and I didn’t understand. I would research him but haven’t you heard curiosity killed the cat? I don’t want curiosity to kill the Alice.

“I’ll see you on Friday Alice.”

I could always call in and make Darla take it.

“Don’t think about calling in sick dear, I’ll know and you won’t like me when I don’t get what I want.”

That night I had a dream, a dream I hadn’t had since I was little. It was dark, pitch black; I was in a room I didn’t recognize, beautiful paintings on the wall. I turned around panicked as I felt someone’s eyes on my back, but there was no one I could see in the darkness. I was starting to freak out, I was starting to hyperventilate, it was happening again. I felt everything getting smaller and then I felt rough hands grip my waist and pull me back against their chest, holding me tightly. The room was spinning, a bright light coming from down the hall and then I saw them, eyes a bright red shining in the darkness. The hands on my waist disappeared and I felt a tender touch on my cheek. I felt hands on my throat and my breathing began to slow.

I jolted awake, and my room was a wreck, I didn’t understand why this is happening again. Why now? I used to get these crazy dreams as a kid, dreams that my parents said made me sleep walk and destroy things but for some reason I never believed them because any time I’d ask about it my mom’s eyes would have a look of pure terror in them, they took me to a doctor who put me on some pills and it all stopped. Maybe I just needed to take an extra pill, the only thing that never seemed to add up is every time I woke up I was still in the same position in my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is totally late, I am so sorry I hadn't realized I forgot to update this! If I get two comments I will post chapter three today.

xoxo DeficientlyObscure.