Status: work in progress, can't always update, working on other stories as well.

How I Loved Him.

I am a nurse.

"No, please...I love you." The woman spoke to her husband, he had just found out that she cheated on him and that his daughter wasn't even his own daughter.

I stuffed the handful of popcorn in my mouth, Rose doing the same as we watched the man pace back and forth, his hand roaming its way through his slick black hair. He held a blade in his other hand, as he paced he tapped the blade softly against his blue jeans.

"I have never once did this to you. I loved you!" He pointed the blade at her causing her to flinch away in fear, Rose gasped and I blinked. I couldn't tell if he was going to murder her or just torture her to death, the music started to play in the background as he contemplated.

His blue eyes looked like it was digging a hole into the T.V screen, it was such a serious moment. My body leaned forward like I was staring back at him, waiting to see what his next move was. Waiting to see if he was going to give her a chance, to see if he was going to kill her on the spot. I held the popcorn bowl in my hand as he looked back to his wife and narrowed his eyes.

Knock knock.

The plastic bowl of popcorn when flying into the air as I grabbed my pillow case and flung it at the T.V, no harm was done to the T.V but my heart felt like it was going to fail.

"Who the fuck is at the door? It's like two in the morning." Rose spoke as I stood up, I hadn't realized how tired I was until I reached the door and unlocked it.

I slowly opened the door and peaked out to his brown hair ruffled and wet, his shirt drenched sticking to his skin. He looked like a wet dog, I smirked as I opened the door and stepped to the side allowing him into my apartment.

"You have come to retrieve your belongings...at two in the morning." I leaned against the still open door as he nodded with a small smirk on his face, it had been about a week since I saw him and to be honest; I felt lonely.

Nodding I closed the door and walked towards the kitchen while giving him the 'stay' sign so he wouldn't get my house all wet. I heard Rose get up from the couch and curse as she stepped on popcorn, I knew she was trying to avoid them the best she could, but the way I tossed it...well it was impossible.

"I would have liked it much better if you didn't...Hey Charlie." Her voice went from annoyed to flirtatious in a matter of seconds, I came back with the plate and reached out to hand it to him when I saw a dab of blood leaking through his shirt. I pulled back the plate and grabbed his hand yanking him farther into my apartment, turning I looked at him and took a step back.

"Take your shirt off please." I didn't know what got me to do this, I didn't know where this courage came from; but I was going along with it. I watched as his eyes narrowed at me and slowly unbuttoned his shirt.

Rose stood from behind just watching with wide eyes from my actions, but they were for a good cause. The cut that I had seen a few days ago wasn't getting better, I saw the patched filled with blood and we both instinctively rushed forward. She grabbed towels and topical ointment while I pushed him to the couch as softly as I could and started to take the bandage off.

"What are you-" I hushed him before he could finish as Rose handed me peroxide.

"I don't know what happened here Charlie, but seeing as you didn't go to the hospital and it is getting infected; I am going to fix this." I muttered as he blinked and watched me clean his wound, he didn't flinch when I cleaned it with alcohol and peroxide. He didn't flinch when I started to properly stitch it up so it wouldn't bleed again.

He just stared at me.

I couldn't tell what type of stare it was, thank you stare, you're crazy for doing this look. I couldn't put my finger on what it was, Rose was calm as well; she didn't ask questions even though I knew she had a whole lot of them. Once I was finished I placed a new bandage over it and leaned back while looked at him.

"I'm a nurse, we both are." I spoke while pointing to Rose and myself.

He nodded and slowly sat up, placing his shirt back on he picked up the plate and walked to the door. He stood for a second, not looking back and not saying a word before he left.