A Serum a Day Keeps the Fine Doctor Away

Prologue

December 26, 1939

She had woken up yet again to hear the cries of men in the other room. She was naked and trapped in between cold metal. Her body was drenched in cold sweats. She'd figure she'd die of dehydration at this point but her body was slowly fighting to keep her alive. Alive to carry on and continue to see the horrors that's been going on for days. She had lost track of how many days she's been here in this chamber.

She heard the metal rust of her prison door scraped against the wall and creaked loudly. She winced at the sound and the footsteps came closer. She knew who it was and did not bother to look at the elderly scientist.

He looked at her guiltily. He was the only man in the Nazi division who had a heart. Dr. Erskine hated when they left her like this. He grabbed a large brown cloth and brought it to her as he unlocked the metal clasps that kept her against the metal table.

"You can't stay here anymore, zero." He stated as he helped her to a nearby chair to sit.

She chuckled darkly at that statement, "You're so keen on getting rid of me right when you finished creating your genetic enhanced serum." She spat out, "Congratulations by the way, doctor. How is little Schmidt?"

Dr. Erskine froze and had a very regretful look on his face, "The serum made him into a madman."

"Nein." She growled, "It enhanced this madness." Her face melted into sorrow and suddenly she wept silently into the rough blanket. Erskine knelt down in front of her, "We need to get out of here."

She just stared into nothing. There was no longer light in her eyes. Knowing what will happen to her once Johan Schmidt comes back from his mission, "I've given up, Abraham." She used his real name.

"There's still hope, zero!" He hissed and she glared at him, "Stop calling me by that name!"

He ignored her and walked around the room, "I know what I did was wrong." He muttered in shame, "And apologizing won't make things right. Not when those things happened to you." He sighed as he faced her, "You deserve better."

She didn't respond. There's no use in running away. There is no where else in this world to hide. This was the last ride. If it didn't happen now, they would find her. He would find her. That is what her life will be.

Her ears perched at the wailing sounds of the alarms and the angry commands from the nearby Nazis. Dr. Erskine turned towards the open door and listened as well. They were being attacked. The question was from who? Was it the British army?

Suddenly, three unfamiliar soldiers charged into the room and Dr. Erskine had his hands up. She looked at them in confusion and spoke to them in English, "Who are you?"

One man walked forward as his brown us scanned us and the entire chamber, "I am Colonel Phillips of the American Army." He spoke to us, "We are here to rescue Josef Reinstein."

She looked at Dr. Erskine confusedly. Was this what he was talking about? He looked over at her and winked.

They were finally saved.

She was free.

Was she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Knock, knock?

Who's there?

America.

I'm not excited for this prologue. To me it seemed rush but anyways I'll soon revise it when the spark happens.

Also I'm not sure if I'm using italicizes correctly.