Status: Updating every couple of days :)

Thank You for the Venom

Party Poison

'Joey, walks!' I whistle to my husky dog, who comes lolloping over excitedly. He sits down by my feet so that I can clip his lead on, and we head out of the door. It's not a bad neighbourhood that I live in. Eh, who am I kidding, New Jersey is shit. I live with my step Mom Tracy, my Dad Peter and my little brother Jerry. My Mom, Helena, died when I was around 7, I'm 17 now, she was awesome, she had dark hair, eye make-up, tattoos, and my Dad was like that too, even the eyeliner. Tracy's nice, don't get me wrong, she met my Dad at some charity thing, he had to clean up his act, he shaved off his stubble, quit the eyeliner, quit the drink, threw out his tattered, black biker jackets, and now he's a different guy. My phone rings.
'Talk to me,' I say as usual, flipping open my shitty Motorola.
'Hey Rory, what you at?' My friend Tim asks, oh, and by the way, my name is Aurora, but most people call me Rory.
'Walking Joey, why?'
'Party tonight, at Gerard's place.'
'Dude, who the fuck is Gerard?'
'Does it matter? Free alcohol Rory, free alcohol.'
'Haha fairs, well I'll be home in like an hour, what time does this shit start?'
'9, I'll pick you up at 8:30.'
'Sweet, see you then Timmy.'

I hang up the phone as we reach the park. Well, I say park, the patch of green with a slide next to some crappy club house. I unclip Joey's lead and he bombs off on the grass, spinning in circles. I chuckle at him and light up a cigarette, taking a puff and walking past the group of chavs from my school. They whistle and shout various things, I flip them off and walk past. One of them stands up, Jerome I think,
'Oi, Rory! What happened to that cute little skirt you had on the other day?' I ignore him and continue to walk past.
'Come on baby, how about tonight?'
'You fucking wish.'
'You bet your cute ass I do.' He smirks. He touches my arm and I spin round.
'Get your slimy hands off me jerk wad.' I sneer, he doesn't budge. Suddenly his grip is released, and I see him fall to the ground. Someone grabs my arm and pulls me to run with them, I can't see who it is, but I don't give two fucks, we're being followed by a rowdy group of delinquents.

We turn round a sharp corner between some trees and I'm pressed closely to the stranger as we get our breath back behind a tree. The lads run past and eventually they are out of sight.
'The names Frank. Frank Iero.' He puffs, extending a hand as I turn around to face him.
'Hello Frank. Frank Iero, I'm Rory, Rory Walter.'
'Nice name, short for anything?' His hazel eyes are glistening, his dark hair flopping almost to his eyes at the front but shorter at the sides.
'Aurora.' I inform him and he smiles.
'I like it, I'm gonna call you that.' He grins a lopsided grin that makes my heart melt.
'Hey, do you go to Rutgers?' I ask.
'Yes! I thought I'd seen you somewhere before.' He scribbles something down on a scrap of paper from his pocket.
I look at my watch, 7:45.
'Dude, I gotta go, thanks for saving me from the apes. I'll see you around?'
'Bye Aurora.' He says, shaking my hand, leaving the paper in it. I smile and walk away, finding Joey where he always sits for me and clipping him back on the lead.

I look at the paper, his number scribbled on it. I quickly add it to my phone. I rush home with Joey at my side and change into more party appropriate (which generally means less appropriate) clothes, re-do my make up and grab a bag. 8:00. I have a thought. Taking out my phone I dial Frank.
'Waddup?' He chirps.
'Hey it's Rory.'
'Ah, Aurora! How can I help you?' I can't help but smile when he says my full name. Jeez Rory, you've known the guy for a half hour.
'Well, there's this party on tonight, I just wondered if you wanted to go with me?' I ask, sounding confident but feeling very nervous.
'This wouldn't happen to be Gerard's party would it?'
'Oh, do you know him?'
'Yeah he's my best friend, I'm in a band with him.' He's in a band? Nice.
'Sweet, what do you play?'
'Rhythm guitar, do you play anything?'
'Been playing bass for about 5 years.'
'Nice! Our bassist is Gerard's brother, Mikey.'
'I should hear you guys play sometime.' I suggest.
'That would be awesome! Anyway, I'm already on my way to Gerard's so I'll swing by and pick you up? Where do you live?'
'Erm, you know that gas station on fourth? Near that, I can stand outside if it's easier.'
'Sounds great, I'll see you in five.' He chuckles down the phone, we exchange good byes and I hang up, texting Tim that he and Shelly (his girlfriend, Michelle) can go straight there.

Exactly five minutes later and an old station wagon pulls up, Frank leans out the window.
'Coming?' I nod and jump in. 'You look, wow.'
'Thankyou, you're not too bad yourself.' His cheeks stain with pink and he adjusts his ear gauge with one hand whilst driving. We chat about random stuff for about 10 minutes until we reach what I assume is Gerard's house. I grab a crate of beer from the boot as Frank manages to haul about 3 of them at once, which is quite impressive considering he must be about 5 foot 4''.
'Looking sweet in here dude!' Frank exclaims to a baby-faced guy who I assume is Gerard.
'They don't call me party poison for nothing man.' He grins and we put the beer down. 'So who's the lady friend?' Frank blushes as I shake Gerard's hand.
'I'm Rory, it's nice to meet you bro.' He smiles as a black haired woman takes his side.
'Hey Rory, Lindsey, or Lyn-z, whatever.' She says casually, accepting me into the group. I have a feeling this is going to be a good night.