Status: I will try my best to get a chapter a week

Four Years Later

10

Rebecca P.O.V
When I got back to Portland, I went straight to Molly's place to pick up Kaley. I could see that Kaley was waiting for me the whole time. She came running to me when I was walking up the drive way.
"Hey baby, how are you." I kiss her head. We walk back inside and Molly wants to know everything. When we got home, I wanted to call Sid to see how the trip went. When I called it went to voicemail. Maybe he was to tried to even hear his phone. I called James to see how he was doing.
"Hey how was your trip?"
"It was good, I called Sid but I bet he's to tired to hear the phone."
"So did mom and dad stop by before you left?"
"No why?"
"Well I told them to leave after they got from the store because I told them what you told me. I am on your side and I think that's rude that they should have called you the night when he got hurt."
"Wow thank you James, but at this point I think they only care about you because you didn't disappear and have a child who didn't know who was the farther."
"You have to let that go, you did nothing wrong. At this point they have to get over it. It could be tomorrow or until Kaley's goes to college when they get over it. I'm here for you."
"Thanks James." After I talk to James, I was going through all the mail that I had, look at Kaley's homework and I see that the school was going to take a trip of some of the student to go to Washington D.C for a week. This would be fun, Kaley can go see a Capitals game and see Mike. I look to see what the dates were. They will be there from April 10 - 14. This is great, I will go with them and I think that Mike will let us stay at his place. I was calling Mike.
"Hello Rebecca."
"Hey Mike I was wondering what you were doing around April 10 - 14?"
"Well we have a couple of games but nothing much."
"I was thinking of taking Kaley and her class mate to take a trip to Washington D.C. Could you get some ticket for the kids?"
"Sure, I can't wait to see you and Kaley. How Sid's doing? I heard what happen."
"He's doing good, he flew down to Tampa Bay for the team. He might come back the first or second game of the playoffs."
"That's good."

Mike's P.O.V
Yes I am glad that Rebecca and Kaley are coming down to see me. I havent' seen them since we found out who's the farther to Kaley. I got there room ready for them, but I think that they are going to stay at a hotel with the class mates on the trip. Rebecca and I are going to have lunch while the kids are going on a quick trip. I just got back from wining Montreal.
"So how's life since I've saw you?" She ask.
"Good, you know the team's doing great and that we are going to the playoffs again. I heard that you and Sid are getting married." She nodded her head. I wanted to ask if she had any nightmares from the whole thing.
"The weird thing is that I am not getting any nightmares about it." Wow I am shock that she would tell me.
"How's Sid doing now?"
"Good, he's with the team and things are doing great for him. He really wants to be on the ice and play."
"How is he as a dad?"
"Great, but it's kinda hard to tell since we live far apart. When the summer comes, we will move to Pittsburgh, get married, get Kaley into school and then settle down."
"Wow that's a lot on your plate."
"Yeah I know, then I had to put Sid's jaw and James' concussion on to the plate to. That the fact that my parents still hate me for what I did. They didn't even come down to see how Sid's doing. When James got the concussion they russ down to Pittsburgh to see how he's doing. That just piss me off." I place my hand on hers. Everytime I touch her, I could feel that touch I miss everyday when I don't have her.
"Don't worry about them, it's their faults not yours."
"Thanks Mike, by the way your tattoos are amazing. Are you going to do your other arm during the off season?"
"I'm thinking about it."
"What are you doing for the rest of the day?"
"I was thinking of going home and do nothing."
"Do you want to come with us? Since we are going to stay with you. I though it would be easier."
"I though your going to stay with the class for the trip."
"No, I told them that I can't stay in hotel. I know how gross they are. One time that Kaley and I went to San Diego for a week. When we got back, Kaley was really sick and we had to go to the ER. It was the bed sheets they used that had ticks and other germs that got her sick. So no hotel for me at all."
"Where are you guys are going today?"
"Zoo, Art and Science museum."
"Sweet, lets go." When we got to the zoo, all Kaley wanted to do was to hold my hand and look at all of the animals. Rebecca took a lot of photos every where we went. I did had a great time, we were in my car and Kaley was asleep in the back. Rebecca was going to wake her up.
"Don't, I can pick her up." We got up to my place, I put her in the other bedroom.
"She had a great time, thanks for coming with us."
"Yeah, I had a blast. Thanks for asking me to come."
"So do you have any games are away?"
"No, we will play Thursday and Saturday. Carolina and Tampa Bay."
"Yeah I know that you guys are going to play Saturday because that's when we are coming to the game. Once again thanks for doing that for us."
"At this point you should know that I would do anything for you."
"Thanks Mike,I'm going to bed now. I could feel the jet lag now." I laugh a little.
"Good night Rebecca."
"Night Mike."
"Oh Rebecca?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you want to go out with some of the guys after the game?"
"Yeah, I really miss Nicky and Brooks. The flight is not until Sunday 5 o'clock at night."
"Sweet, I will tell the guys." She walk into the other bedroom. When she shut the door, I place my head on the kitchen counter and trying to breath. This has been the best day of my life. Even thou I know that's Sid's family. It just felt like mine. I wanted to start a family, but it's to late and I was waiting for someone, Rebecca."

Rebecca P.O.V
http://pinterest.com/pin/227220743672236711/
During the game I always hold my breath when Mike has to puck. It was amazing game and that they had to go to over time. When Mike slap shot the puck and went behind the goalie. I scream really loud. They won the game. I was so happy for Mike and the team. We were going down the stairs and I bend down to me face to face with Kaley.
"Now Kaley, mommy is going out for a little bit. You need to listen to Mrs. Apple and Mrs. Maple. Mrs.Maple is going to take you to Mike's place so you can sleep. I will see you in the morning." I kiss her on the forehead. I walk down to the locker room where Mike, Nick, Brooks and a couple of the guys I haven't met yet. We walk into this bar and got a booth.
"It's still weird that your a mom now. I wouldn't see you as a mom." Brooks smiled. I rolled my eyes at him.
"Here's to Mike for getting the overtime winning goal Mr. Game Over!" I toast.
"Mike!" They all yelled.We stayed the whole night at the bar, drinking and talking. I didn't drink that much since I am a mom now, I don't want to ruin what we have now. Brooks had his arm around my shoulder laughing and having a great time, Mike was holding my hand. I still can see it that he still loves me and that he had to much to drink tonight. When we got back to his place. I see that Lily (Mrs.Maple) was still up. When she left, I went straight to bed.
"Rebecca?" I turn around.
"Yeah."
"Thanks for tonight I had a great time and by the way that goal was for you and Kaley."
"No problem and we had a great time at the game." I shut the door and headed to bed.

Sid P.O.V
We got home really late after we beat Florida. I was in bed when my phone beep at me. IIt was a text from James.
"Dude, did you know that Kaley and Rebecca were in DC?"
"No, I didn't know."
"Someone tweet me these photos here." He send me a link and I was in total shock of these photos.The website was called Dead spin, I don't really like to be on here because I think that everything's can't be true online. It was Rebecca, Kaley and Mike walking around the Zoo. Kaley was holding Mike's hand and Rebecca had a huge smile on her face. I keep looking at more photos and there was one at night. She was hanging out with a couple of Capitals players. Brooks has had arms around her neck and what I can see closer was Mike's hand in hers. This piss me off more than anything. Now I can't sleep. We have two days off, maybe a surprise visit to Portland will help.