Status: I will try my best to get a chapter a week

Four Years Later

3

Rebecca's P.O.V
While Sid was driving back to his house, I was looking out through the window and seeing all of the stuff that I did miss. We even pass the Roberto Clemente Bridge and all of the memories that I had with Annie came back. Tomorrow everyone is going to Consol Energy Center as a family ice time. James can finally met Kaley for the first time. I wasn't ready to sleep with Sid yet and he knew it. I put Kaley in my bed.
"Rebecca." I was walking into my room and I turn around Sid was behind me.
"I'm happy that you came back."
"I just want Kaley to met James, I am not ready to move just yet." Sid nodded his head. Then he kiss me on my cheek.
"Good night."
In the morning we were getting ready to go. There was a knock on the door. When I open the door it was James. He had a huge smile on his face. He was so happy that he pick me up and spin me around.
"I can't believe that your here! When Sid told me that you were coming back with him I kinda didn't believe that you would. So where is Kaley?"
"Taking a bath you will see her soon."
"Here I got this for her." He handed me a bag. When I open it, it was a girl size jersey of his name on the back.
"Thanks, Sid got her one and so did Mike. She will wear this one today." James smiled. When I got Kaley to wear the jersey, jeans and shoes. I blow dry her hair and put it up in a pony tail. We got downstairs and I was holding Kaley.
"Kaley this is your uncle James."
"Hi." She really like James a lot. When we got to Consol Energy Center, it just felt good to be back.
'But am I ready to stay here? Would this be good for Kaley and I?' These are questions that I have been thinking since we landed yesterday.
"Wow Sid does have a kid." TK said. We were all skating, Sid was skating with Kaley and I was staking with James.
"I miss you a lot, are you going to move back since you know that Sid's the dad?" James asked me.
"I don't know, I mean I do have a life in Portland and Kaley has friends there. She's to young to know what happen between Sid and I. Why I move to Portland to make everything safe for her? What about my store?" I was saying these questions out loud so James knows what's going through my mind sine the past 48 hours.
"You can move it here or you can expand it."
"That's true. I still love Sid. Sid love's Kaley. Why not? The only thing I am not ready to move in with Sid yet."
"Well you room is still available and you can use the other room for Kaley." I know that James will do anything in his power to get me to move back to Pittsburgh.
"I'm still thinking about it, we were even thinking of stay here for Kaley's birthday?"
"When's her birthday?"
"The 11th." Sid came over to us.
"Why is she wearing James' jersey and not mine?"
"James brought it over and she already wore yours. So be quiet." I push him.
"Have you talk to Coach Dallas?"
"Yeah I told him that I am done. I never told him about Kaley because I know that he will be mad that I ruined everything for me."
"You didn't ruined everything, come back tonight just you and me. I want to see if you still have it." I nodded my head.
"What about Kaley?"
"Is Sid the dad?"
"Yeah."
"It's his time now." That night I told Sid that I was going to hang out with James tonight and he was very happy that I wanted him to watch Kaley tonight. When I came back to the Consol Energy Center. James was there. We were in the middle of the ice rink.
"OK, I will play the song that you won gold in. Now this will help you." When he started the song it was "Letters From The Sky" By Civil Twilight.

James P.O.V
Watching Rebecca doing the routine was amazing. She still has it and I think she needs to come back and win more. There's two more thing that Rebecca has to do before she could go back out there. Rebecca was almost over. I send the picture of Kaley and Rebecca I took today to Mom. To know what happen in the past 4 years of what happen of Rebecca. My parents were upset that she just left and never told anyone where she was going. We haven't heard from her in four years. We all wanted to know who was the farther and what she will look like. Kaley looks more like Sid than Rebecca. Dad was upset that her little girl would do this to him. I don't know what they are going to do now after I send that picture. When the song ended I just smile and clap.
"That was great. How's your knee?"
"It doesn't hurt so I think that's a good sign."
"Should you and Sid look for schools for Kaley to go to?"
"I don't know, I love Portland and I think it would be better for the both of us to stay there."
"Why?"
"I feel safer there than here."
"Just because of what happen between me and Annie. Please I know that you made a family in Portland but I am your real family, Sid is Kaley's farther, Kaley needs a farther and a great uncle to look after for her. Beside she has more than just me as an uncle too."
"I think I got an handled of this for close to five years now, I think I'm good."
"How much do you think of me?"
"Everyday, I think about you everyday. Wondering how your are doing that I left and Annie's gone. Or that Sid and Mike has to think everyday for the past four years that they have a daughter out there and thinking that they will never see her. I feel bad that I did it all of you, but I am doing this for Kaley. No one else."
"How come you didn't use Annie's name in Kaley's middle name? I know it's Lexi."
"If I give out here full name I would think of Annie. It's my fault that she's dead. I couldn't do that." She took off her stakes and walk away.
"Where are you going now?"
"I'm going back to Sid's and be with my daughter, see you later." When I got back home I got a text. It was from mom.
"We are coming tomorrow to met Kaley, just don't let Rebecca run away this time."
"She doesn't know that you are coming. She can't leave without her." In the morning Sid and I made a plan that him and the girls are going to have breakfast. Then we are going to run into them. When my parents are here then we will head over. I look into the window and I see that they are here. I went in first and then my parents. When Rebecca spotted our parents she cover her face. She got up and mom almost run her over because of how much she miss Rebecca. Dad wasn't angry he was happy to see her. They finally met Kaley. We all sat down together to have a family breakfast.
"So are you coming back to Pittsburgh then since Sid is the dad?" Mom ask her. I could see it in Rebecca's eyes that she's done of people asking that same question over and over again.
"I don't know like I said to everyone who ask me this question that I love Portland."
"What's Kaley's last name?" Dad ask. Sid look up for this question, he didn't ask her this question."
"It's Neal because I didn't know who was the farther at that time. The only way that we could change her last name if Sid and I get married. Sid has to adopt her to change her last name." I look over to Sid and he pointed to the bathroom. When I walk to the bathroom Sid was behind me.
"So what are you going to do then?" He grab the box from his pocket.
"I been holding this close to five years now I think it's time." I walk back to the table.
"So Kaley how old are you turning tomorrow?" Dad ask. She show us five fingers.
"Wow five years old." Mom smiled.