Status: On Hold

Don't Leave Me

2: Relationships

The next day at school I walked straight to my locker where my one and only friend Andrew, or Drew like people call him, was waiting happily. I smiled at him and opened my locker.

"Hey, Lex." Drew greeted me.

"Hi, Drew." I greeted back and pulled out the binder I needed for first hour.

"Where we're you yesterday. I called you but you didn't answer."

"Sorry, but Josh dropped by on Saturday and yesterday we hung out." I said, not wanting to mention about me being All Time Low's new singer. Not that I don't trust him, but the only people I could actually tell were my parents since I'd be with the guys at the studio in the afternoons after school.

"That's cool. He still here?" Drew asked as, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No he left this morning. They have to do a concert in New York before they fly back overseas." I sighed.

"That's nice. Hey you busy after school? You still owe me that date." Drew smiled and stroked my cheek which made me a bit uncomfortable. It's not that I don't like him that way because I do, but I'm not used to people touching me like that.

"Sorry but I'm busy." I sighed and looked at him, seeing the smile wipe from his face and be replaced by anger.

"Alright. I'll see you around then." Drew said angrily and walked away.

Andrew has anger issues and if you're not careful with what you say, he can explode. After school I was heading towards my car when I saw Drew standing there waiting for me. I sighed and approached him slowly.

"Need something? Cause you haven't talked to me since this morning." I told him as I unlocked my door and shoved my bag in the backseat.

"I know and I'm sorry. I was just wondering if we could skip tomorrow and have a whole day to ourselves." Drew suggested and I nodded with a smile.

"Sounds good, but I'm going to be late." I told him and he nodded before leaning down a bit and pecking my lips lightly.

"I'll see you tomorrow then. Meet me here and then we'll leave."

I nodded and watched Drew leave before getting in my car and driving to the studio. Once I parked in the studio, I grabbed my backpack and headed inside. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out only to see Josh calling me.

"What." I answered a bit angrily.

"Nothing kid, geese. You at the studio?" Josh asked me.

"Yes and if I don't walk in right now I'm going to be late on my first day." I told Josh as I opened a door and walked into the studio where only Jack and Matt were.

"I need to speak with Jack. Is he there?"

"Yes, but why don't you call him yourself? You have his phone number don't you, Joshua?" I snapped at my cousin, not wanting to approach the guy who wanted to kill me with his gaze.

"Don't be so rude Alexander and give him the phone."

"Fine." I sighed and approached Jack slowly. "Josh wants to talk to you."

Jack nodded and took my phone before walking out of the studio. Rian and Zack walked in while I sat down on the couch with my bag and pulled out my song book.

"Hi Alex." Rian smiled at me and sat next to me.

"Hey guys." I answered back as I opened up the notebook to the song I had been working on.

Jack walked back in and handed me my phone, well more like threw it at me, before sitting in his old spot. Matt talked for a bit before he let us get to work.

"Mind if I read them?" Rian asked me kindly as he looked at my notebook.

"Go ahead." I told him and handed him my notebook.

"Alex, these are amazing." Rian spoke up after awhile.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

The afternoon passed and eventually after ordering takeout and getting to know about each other, we all went home. Still without getting Jack to talk to me. All he did was glare and scoff and ignore me when I talked.

The next day Drew and I were heading out for breakfast at a local diner after ditching school. I was having fun with the guy until Jack called me and I sighed.

"Yes?" I answered though I didn't have the desire to talk to someone who barely acknowledges my existence.

"Since you're not in school get your ass to the studio so we can finish this record quicker." He hissed angrily.

"Who died and made you a psychic Jack? Besides I'm busy right now. And how'd you know that I wasn't at school?" I asked him curiously while looking at Drew who was looking at me weirdly.

"No you're not. You're just flirting with that guy losing time and I know because I'm outside the diner you asshole. Get your ass outside, I'm waiting for you." Jack snapped.

"Fine you bastard." I grumbled and hung up. "Hey, I gotta go. They know I skipped."

"Fine. If you don't want to hang out with me just say so, no need to make up lame ass excuses." Drew mumbled and left angrily.

"Thanks a lot, Jack." I grumbled as I got in the passenger seat of Jack's car, making sure to slam the door extra hard.

"Hey, watch the car you idiot. Look, I'm not here to be your friend because I'm not like Rian and Zack who are too friendly for my liking. You're a stranger to me and therefor I have no intentions of making you my friend. So for the sake of the fans once they know that you're our singer, we pretend to be the best of friends. Got that?" Jack warned me as he stopped at a red light.

I shrugged and looked out the window, feeling hurt that the person that I'd end up spending so much time with from now on was rejecting me as a friend.

"My car's at school though." I mumbled out.

"Get Rian or Zack to take you there later cause I'm not."

"Asshole." I whispered and Jack slammed on the breaks roughly, sending me flying forward a bit. "Do you wanna kill us or something?!"

"No, just you." He smirked and I felt my eyebrow twitch in anger.

We reached the studio and I stormed inside angrily with Jack chuckling behind him. Jack drove like a freaking psychopath trying to escape the cops on a wild goose chase across the highway. He almost crashed against another car, almost made me fly out the window and... he's really intent on getting rid of me.

"Hi Lex, aren't you supposed to be in school?" Zack asked me as him and Rian sat around a round table.

"I wish I was instead of nearly getting killed by this bastard." I responded while sending a glare in Jack's direction.

"Oh boohoo princess. I'm so sorry I hurt you." Jack mocked as he plopped his fat ass down on a chair.

"You're inspiring my inner serial killer at the moment." I told him before sitting down next to Rian angrily.

"Jack, seriously." The man sitting next to me scolded the child. "We don't want you to kill our singer before we even announce it officially."

Jack simply shrugged and rested his feet on the table while pulling out his phone. I grabbed a sheet of paper and started to scribble on it angrily, jotting down my thoughts on Jack with a bunch of insults. Rian looked over at me with an eyebrow raised and chuckled when he read a few sentences.

"You'll get used to him, Alex. Don't worry."

"I doubt it." I mumbled and crumbled up the piece of paper before throwing it over at said jerk.

Jack looked up at me and then uncurled the paper, frowning at first but then he smirked as he read over the words.

"In order for you to insult me, I would first have to give a fuck." Jack told me.

"Oh no, I'm not insulting you. I'm just merely describing you." I told him, earning a sigh from Rian and chuckle from Zack who seemed a bit too amused at our bickering.

Jack was about to insult me back when the door opened and three people walked in. I recognized one as being Adam Elmakias and the other our manager. We looked at them expectantly then watched as they sat down on the remaining chairs.

"Boys, we're here today to have your first photoshoot and interview with your new singer." The woman who I had no idea who she was spoke up.

"Already?" Jack questioned as he put his feet off the table.

"Yes. You're going to be on the cover of next months AP Magazine so if we could get started right away that'd be great."

"Are we doing the interview or photoshoot first?" Zack questioned.

"Interview. First question, can you tell us why Tyler had to leave the band? Rumors are starting to go around that there was a problem between Jack and him." The lady asked so I just leaned back because it wasn't my question.

"They're just rumors." Jack chuckled nervously and I smirked.

"Yeah, we parted on great terms. Tyler's still a great friend but he wanted to try out different things. Start his own band." Rian answered maturely.

"And how did you guys pick out Alex?"

"His voice just stood out and he's very similar to us, so we kind of just clicked right away." Zack replied as he looked over at me and sent me a smile.

"And how do you feel about this change Alex? I understand that you're still in high school?"

"I feel a bit overwhelmed, I must admit. And yeah I am still in high school so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to balance out my life from now on." I chuckled and she smiled as she typed down what I said.

A thousand questions later, we were finally doing the photoshoot and most of the pictures, Jack was on my side. And he always found a way to punch me or something. By the time we finished it was past five in the afternoon and I was starving by then. Zack took me back to the high school so I could get my car and from there I went home.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?" Mom asked me with a smirk and I knew that she knew that I had skipped school.

"We had an interview and our first photoshoot as a band." I told my mother as I walked into the kitchen.

"That's great Alex, but I don't want you to forget about your studies. You need to finish high school first and then focus on that band."

"I know but I just needed a day off from school. I'm feeling stressed mom. They're insisting that I graduate by January."

"That's up to you and you know that. But if you want to focus on this band, I suggest you do."

I nodded and watched as she went back to cooking the pasta that was on the stove. My dad walked into the kitchen and greeted me with a smile.

"Your brother called, he's upset that you haven't called him in awhile. Alex, I know it's still hard, but he's your brother." My dad told me.

"I know, but between being in school and working with the guys I've forgotten I have a life." I told him and I knew I was being rude, but I still can't get over the fact that my brother tried committing suicide two months ago.

The front door opened and in walked Josh with my younger brother. I frowned at Josh and he smiled over at me.

"I thought you were in New York? Not kidnapping my brother." I told him as the five year old ran over to hug me.

"Oh I was, but your dear parents let me take him with." Josh shrugged and ruffled my hair.

"Then can I take Adrian to the studio tomorrow?" I asked my parents hopefully.

"No way, Alex. You're not responsible enough." My mom answered.

"I see how it is." I fake cried. "They want to separate us champ."

"No!" Adrian giggled and wrapped his tiny arms around my neck. "He's mine!"

My mother rolled her eyes while Josh chuckled. This is my life on a daily basis. Well it was when my older brother and sister were still around. My sister died in a car accident two years ago and my brother has had depression since he was in high school and he just recently tried to kill himself. Adrian doesn't remember much about our sister and he's still too young to understand why our big brother isn't home right now. I just hope things can go back to normal soon. I doubt it though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm stinking to first person because it's easier for me, though i might end up switching to third person every few chapters :)
and yeah, a little inside look into Jack and Alex's relationship and Alex's family. Jalex won't come in too soon and there will be cameos from other bands and such.