Status: On Hold

Don't Leave Me

5: Lie

I am rudely awakened by my phone ringing loudly and I ignore it for a few seconds before deciding that it must be important if someone's calling me at like twelve in the freaking morning. Sighing, I quickly answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered while trying to keep my eyes open.

"Rian, have you guys seen Alex at all today?" I hear Josh's frantic voice ask me and I quickly sit up and turn on the lamp.

"No. Why?" I asked him worriedly.

"He went out around noon and he hasn't come back. He's also not answering his phone and we're really worried."

"Shit, Josh. I'll call the guys to ask them. Keep me updated if he calls you or anything."

"Yeah, thanks mate." Josh sighed and hung up.

I started dialing Zack's number first and asked him, then Jack and then Flyzik but no one had seen or heard from Alex. While I was texting Josh some minutes later, the guys all arrive. Looking worried and tired. Jack looks a mixture between angry and worried, though I know he doesn't really wants us to know he's worried about our friend, so I won't mention anything.

"I don't understand. Like, did Alex runaway or what?" Zack asks me.

"No. Josh told me that he went out with his boyfriend earlier, but hasn't returned home. They're all pretty worried since Alex hasn't answered his phone once." I informed them.

"I never liked Andrew, especially not after I saw him slap Alex that one time." Jack mumbles as he curls up into a ball on the couch and Zack nodded, saying that he was there as well.

"You saw him do what?! Why didn't you morons say something to me! You know Alex could seriously be hurt right now." Flyzik scolded them and I sighed. "Let's just hope we hear something from him soon."

"You guys want coffee or something?" I offered them and they all nodded, Jack turning on the TV.

About two hours later, the time was almost three in the morning and Jack was half asleep when my phone rang. We all jumped at the sudden noise and I quickly answered it when I saw it was Josh.

"Josh, did you find him?!" I yelled frantically.

"Yeah, I don't know what's wrong though. He's bruised and I'm thinking Andrew did this to him." Josh informed me and I look at the guys who are all looking at me hoping for some news.

"Fuck, Josh." I gasped while tapping my fingers against my knee.

"Rian, did they find him?" "Is he okay?" They all ask me at the same time and I glared at them before saying, "Guys, shush. What now?"

"Not sure. I'll keep you guys updated though once I know more." He told me.

"Yeah, please."

"Bye." Josh hung up and I put my phone down before looking at the guys.

"And? Did they find the brat?" Jack asked making us think he didn't care, but I could see right through him and I knew he cared.

"Yeah. Josh found him unconscious in the street with bruises. Josh thinks it was Andrew who beat him up, but since Alex is still out they won't really know." I said while dragging a hand down my face.

"Damn." Jack mumbled before his face morphed into one of anger as he glared at the TV.

~~ Josh's POV ~~

Alex woke up a few minutes after I had called Rian and he looked so scared and confused, but then relaxed when he saw me. Alex tried sitting up, but groaned in pain and I kept my distance until I knew it was okay for me to approach him.

"Lex, can you tell me what happened?" I asked him softly.

"S-Some guys just came out of nowhere and-" I stopped Alex in the middle of his lie and shook my head.

"Why don't I believe you? Alex, you know you can tell me anything and I won't say anything to anyone else until you do." I told my cousin as I slowly approached him.

"I-It was him. Andrew w-went all the way." Alex hiccuped as tears raced down his cheeks and he reached an arm out for me.

I sat down next to me and pulled him into my chest, letting him cry. The door opened and I looked over to see Isobel peeking her head in. I shook my head and she nodded before closing the door again, leaving just Alex and I in the room once more.

"Why don't you go take a shower and get into some comfy clothes so you can sleep for awhile. Yeah?" I cooed at Alex who nodded and released his death grip on my shirt.

I help Alex collect his things and help him to the bathroom. An hour later Alex emerged from the bathroom and into his room where I was sitting on his bed thinking about today's events. Alex put his dirty clothes in the hamper and climbed on his bed slowly, sitting down on my lap. My eyes widened in surprise a bit, but I hugged him tight.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him gently.

"Like shit. My throat's really sore." He said, well more like whispered because his voice was almost completely gone.

"Do you want anything for the pain? I can find you some painkillers." I mumbled into his wet hair.

"No, just stay with me."

I nodded and pulled the covers over us, feeling Alex shiver in my hold as I started to rub his back in circles. I sang to him quietly, feeling his body go limp in no time and his breathing evened out. After a few more minutes, I settled him on his bed and pulled the covers around him before walking over to turn off the light. Making sure that Alex was still sleeping, I walked downstairs where Isobel and my uncle were still up.

"How is he, Josh?" My uncle asked.

"Sleeping right now, but otherwise he told me he was in a bit of pain." I answered before sitting down on the couch.

"Did he say who did this to him?" Isobel asked.

I bit my bottom lip not knowing what to say, but before I could actually say anything, my phone rang. I sighed and walked into the kitchen to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Josh, mate, we need you back over here. We got a last minute interview to do in two days." Chris told me.

"Can you guys do it without me? There's a family emergency here and I can't leave." I told him and I heard him sigh before telling who I'm assuming were the other guys.

"Alright. Don't forget the tour starts in two weeks though."

"Don't worry. Bye Chris and thank you." I hung up and ran a hand through my hair.

~~~Alex's POV~~~

"You're never going to leave my side, Alexander." Drew panted as he thrusted in and out at a fast pace while I just whimpered in pain.

"Bastard." I whispered and screamed when he pulled out and shoved himself in me.

"You'll be mine forever." He whispered.

My eyes snapped open and I shot up in my bed, seeing a bit of sunlight seeping through my bedroom window. I breathed heavily as I leaned against my headboard and pulled my knees to my chest, letting the tears spill over. My bedroom door opened and Josh walked in, smiling tiredly when he saw me awake. I took a good look at him and noticed the dark circles under his eyes and his messy hair. I patted the spot next to me and he laid down, pulling me down so I was laying on his chest.

"You just woke up?" He asked me quietly and I nodded, curling up into him.

"You haven't slept, right?" I whispered, wincing at how dry my throat felt.

"Not really. I tried, but I couldn't. Your parents just went to bed like an hour ago."

I nodded and sighed tiredly before going back to sleep. When I woke up Josh was still sleeping and I realized that it was past noon. I got out of bed slowly and headed towards the bathroom, limping on my way as my whole backside seemed to be on fire. Turning on the light, I shut the door behind me and looked at myself in the mirror. Cringing at my horrible appearance, I lifted my shirt up with shaky fingers and choked back a sob at the angry bruises and cuts that adorned my chest. Pulling my boxers down a bit, I found the outline of Drew's fingers on my hips and it scared me how much he had done now. But what about later? Is there even a later in our relationship? I mean, there shouldn't be, but I've grown so attached to having him as my boyfriend. Being so nice, buying me things and such.

"Lex, you in there bud?" I heard Josh ask quietly as he knocked on the door.

"Yeah, give me a minute." I told him before composing myself and walking out of the bathroom.

"You alright?" Josh asked me as we walked back into the room, him making sure to keep a distance from me to which I was grateful for but at the same time I craved for someone's affection.

"Yeah, well, as okay as I can be right now."

My parents and Adrian were up shortly after and we ate lunch as a family. It was silent and slightly awkward. Adrian didn't speak at all and I kept my head down the whole time, not daring to look at my parents. After lunch, Adrian was up in his room and we were gathered in the living room, me sitting next to Josh.

"Alex, we warned you didn't we?" My mother began and I looked down at my lap. "Look at us when we're speaking to you."

"Sorry, ma'am." I mumbled and looked at her and dad.

"This was the last and only straw and you know it. We told you that if Andrew ever hit you again, then you and-"

"But it wasn't him!" I yelled while standing up, mentally scolding myself for lying. But the fear of being alone forever won me over and I chose Andrew over my loneliness.

"What?" My father questioned.

"I-It wasn't him." I stuttered out.

"Alex." Josh whispered.

"Then if it wasn't him, who was it?"

"Some guys. T-They came out of nowhere." I lied, looking down in shame.

"Josh?" My mom asked my cousin who nodded hesitantly, confirming my story. Fake story.

"Oh sweetie." Mom was about to pull me into a hug, but I flinched out of reflex and sat back down next to Josh who refrained himself from rubbing my back. "Today is Sunday, I want you to stay home from school and work all week. You need time sweetie."

"Thanks mom." I told her and then marched up to my room.

I walked over to my phone that was vibrating on my nightstand and I picked it up, seeing that I had a text from Jack.

From Jack: I uh hope you feel better soon.

I smiled slightly before typing a quick thanks and turning my phone off for the rest of the day. Did he care or was he just saying that to make me feel better? Either way, it sent a swarm of butterflies in my tummy.
♠ ♠ ♠
can it be summer already? Just 14 more days of school and I'll be free!!!