Status: Expect slow updates. I work full time... and I'm lazy. :)

Midnight Flight

Falter

“Robin?” Called Starfire, walking right on Robin’s tail as they rushed to their vehicles.

“Not now, Star. We have to go.” He replied sternly as they reached the R-cycle. Robin swung his leg over and reached for his helmet.

“Please, I am simply wishing to join you on the R-cycle.” She offered. Robin looked at her in surprise.

“Er...”

“Please? I have only been on it two or three times, and‒”

“Alright, aright, fine. Get on, hurry up.” He blabbed quickly while securing his helmet. Starfire obeyed and sat pressed against Robin’s back. He waited for her to fasten her arms around him before zooming off behind the T-Car.

It did not take Robin long to realize that something wasn’t right. She was holding on extra tight, and her whole body tensed when he made turns. She was putting all of her weight on Robin and the R-cycle, which wasn’t something she had ever done due to her flying. The few times she had been on the R-cycle were completely different. When they reached their destination, Jump City’s local detention center, Robin figured out exactly why.

“Let’s round up these criminals!” Robin called as the Titan’s went into action. 15 serial killers had broken out of jail, and it was their mission to put them back where they belonged. “Titans, Go!
Beast Boy, spotting one sprinting across the street away from them, transformed into a ram and jolted after him. Raven lifted two wooden crates and smashed them together; one of the criminal’s heads in between them. Cyborg was taking shots at several who were running while Robin was using his birdarangs to slip some of their ankles to disable them.
Robin kept a close eye on Starfire, who was running after one of them, shooting tiny star bolts at his feet. Wait, running? Robin suddenly thought. Not flying? That’s why she wanted a ride on the R-cycle. Robin furrowed his brows in thought. It takes a lot for her not to be able to fly. Robin had only seen it happen once, and it was because of him. It couldn’t be him this time, though. He had left her at her bedroom door that night with a smile on her face. Robin sighed. She must have been faking it. Maybe he did something wrong. Robin looked at the rest of the team and noticed Raven frequently glancing at Starfire as she battled. Robin tried to focus on his own battle against a rather feisty one who had been bold enough to stop running and fight. However, Robin completely lost focus when Starfire had lost all ability to conjure starbolts. She looked at her hands bewildered just before Raven screamed.

“Starfire!” Raven was on her knees with her hands against her forehead. “Stop! Ugh... Focus!” Beast Boy and Cyborg, engrossed in their own battles, tried desperately not to stare and instead continued to fight. Starfire was staring at Raven while tears began to fall down her face. Then she too shut her eyes tightly and shook her head. “Starfire, please!” Raven cried. With newfound determination, Robin leapt toward the criminal and knocked him out cold with one solid punch before running straight toward Starfire. He grabbed her shoulders and shook her until she opened her eyes.

“Star!” She looked at him blankly, her eyes glossed over and mouth hanging open slightly. “Baby, please, concentrate!” Starfire’s vision seemed to come back to her, and a strange recognition formed in her eyes.

“Robin?” She asked meekly.

“Thank you!” Raven said exasperated before picking herself up off the ground and sprinting after another criminal. Robin took Starfire’s face in his hands.

“Yes, it’s me. Starfire, you have to concentrate. We can’t let any of them get away.” Starfire began taking deep breaths and looked around frantically. “Starfire.” He repeated, steadying her head. “They’re going to kill people.” He said seriously. She looked solemnly into his mask and nodded slowly. Spotting another one, Robin let go of her. “Go!” He shouted to her before heading after him. Starfire wiped her eyes quickly and ran to help Cyborg who seemed to be having trouble against three rather large criminals.

***

Back at the tower, five exhausted teenagers collapsed on the red sofa.

“Oh look, it’s sunrise.” Cyborg said darkly. “Again.”

“Why do the bad guys always choose super early morning to make bad?” Beast Boy complained.

“Cause they know it’ll piss us off.” Robin replied lazily. Starfire sat sandwiched in between Robin and Beast Boy resting her chin on her knees, which she hugged tightly to her chest. Raven, sitting on the very end of the sofa, was staring at Starfire with a shocked, sympathetic look on her face. The titans sat in silence for several minutes; the boys watching Starfire and Raven closely.

“That’s it. Somebody better tell me what’s going on.” Cyborg demanded suddenly. Starfire lifted her head from her knees and looked at him.

“What do you mean?” Asked Raven dryly.

“Don’t give me that. I saw you three this morning in Star’s room! Then at the detention center; what was that about?”

“What? I wasn’t in Starfire’s room.” Stated Robin.

“Not you.”

“Raven and Beast Boy? Were in her room? This morning?”

“Well, technically it was last night,” Beast Boy interjected.”

“Why?” Robin asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

“Well at first, I thought Raven walked in on Star and BB doing the nasty, cause she was all snuggly with him. But then I realized Raven didn’t look too shocked, so then I figured they were having a threesome‒” Cyborg was interrupted with a black hand of energy slapping him upside the head.

“Please, Cyborg has... attempted to explain what ‘the nasty’ is, but I am still unsure... and what is this ‘threesome?”

“Cyborg, I’m not in the mood for jokes.” Robin pressed. Starfire raised her voice.

“Beast Boy, will you please expl‒”

“Well Starfire looked pretty upset. I actually thought it had something to do with you at first, Robin.” Cyborg said.

“I am confused, what is‒”

“Well I don’t know what was going on. Raven wouldn’t tell me.” Beast Boy said as he shot Raven a glare.

“Please, I wish to kn‒”

“Starfire needed to be comforted, that’s all that matters.” Claimed Raven.

“Raven, please, what does thr‒”

“What? Why?” Demanded Robin.

“Cyborg, what is‒”

“She was... having nightmares.” Raven said.

“Robin, please tell me what‒”

“Ohhh.” Said Beast Boy. “That explains a lot. Yeah, she was having a panic attack or something.”

“Yes, but‒”

“Star, why didn’t you call me?” Asked Robin.

“I‒”

“I had to wake her. She was screaming. Beast Boy heard her, so he just came in. Starfire didn’t call us.” Raven told him.

“Please, I am‒”

“Well how long were you with her? What happened?” Demanded Robin.

“FRIENDS, BE QUIET!” Four frightened titans turned to look at the glowing eyed alien, now standing and facing them. “I am right here!” She cried. “If you wish to know what happened, then please ask me!” They stared at her in stunned silence. “And will someone please explain what ‘the nasty’ and the ‘threesome’ are?!” Raven was first to stand.

“I have to go.”

“Sit down, Rae. No one’s going anywhere until we sort this all out.” Said Cyborg. Starfire made a grunt of frustration.

“I will make this voluminous and transparent for you all,” Snapped Starfire. “I‒”

“I think you mean loud and clear, Star.” Robin offered.

“Do not interrupt me again; any of you! It is very discourteous and frustrating!” She cried. Robin shut his mouth and looked away guiltily. “Now, I will make this the loud and the clear: I have been having nightmares about events that have occurred in my past and have been having the troubled sleep. Raven and Beast Boy heard me and came to be my... crying shoulders. Is that satisfactory?”

“Then what was Cyborg doing there?” Asked Robin.

“He was passing by while responding to the alarm. Are there any more questions?” Starfire asked harshly.

“How did Raven hear you? Her room is nowhere near yours.”

“Raven has been sharing my dreams. She sees what I see.”

“So that’s why Raven’s been having those freak out things! She’s been seeing what Starfire’s been thinking about!” Beast Boy concluded. “Uh, what were you thinking about? What happened?” Raven shot him a distasteful look.

“I do not wish to speak of this anymore.” Starfire huffed, slouching her shoulders. “Now, will someone answer my questions?” There was silence. Starfire threw her arms up in the air. “Fine! Do not tell me! I do not care!” She cried before stalking away angrily.

“So... Who wants to take this one?” Cyborg asked when she was gone. There was a long silence.

“I’ll do it.” Robin sighed, defeated.