Status: Expect slow updates. I work full time... and I'm lazy. :)

Midnight Flight

Helpless

Robin awoke to a far away sound; a voice from a distance, calling his name. A voice he knew well, one that he loved. The voice was scared. He had to get to the voice. Robin forced consciousness back to his body, moving his fingers, his toes, his mouth. The first thing he actually felt was a searing pain in his back. He forced his eyes open and rolled onto his side. The pain was spreading quickly from his back to the rest of his body. But the voice had stopped calling him. It had been Starfire’s voice, he was sure.
Robin forced himself slowly to his feet. It took him a moment to register why everything around him was smokey and hot. Then it came back to him all at once. Robin squinted his eyes through the fog, determining where he was. He had been blasted quite a ways away from the plane; from Starfire. Robin reached for his communicator; it was gone. So was his belt. His uniform was shredded in several places. He wasted no time. Ignoring the aching pain throughout his body, Robin hurried through the smoke as fast as he could.
He was nearly there when he caught a glint of fading blue and silver at the corner of his eye. Robin jumped down into the jumble of debris and started digging for the body he knew was beneath.
“Cyborg!” He called as he realized his friend was completely shut down. He looked around for a sign of his friends; any of them. The only thing that caught his eye though, was a smaller looking version of the spaceship they were looking at this morning. Robin stared at it for a moment. That ship was almost identical to Blackfire’s ship. Which meant... they were here. It was a trap. Robin left Cyborg where he was and dashed toward the ship. He felt slightly discouraged without his equipment belt, but the thought came and went fleetingly as he reached it. It was about half the size of the T-ship. Robin, not knowing anything about the ship, had to kick the door down to get in. It consisted of a cozy little cockpit with three seats; all empty. Robin exited the ship flustered. There were no Gordanians, and there was no Starfire.

“Starfire?” He called weakly.

“Robin!” Raven cried.

“Raven! Beast Boy!” He called as they ran to him. “We’ve gotta find Starfire! Now!” They both looked at the Citadel ship with wide eyes.

“Dude, that ship kinda looks like Blackf-”

“Starfire, no!” Raven called in horror, pointing out into the distance. Robin didn’t bother looking before tearing off in the direction of her finger.
It was a green, lizard like creature he had not seen since the day he met the Titans. It had Starfire slung over his shoulder. The creature was frozen in its tracks with surprised eyes, looking at his ship; now guarded by the three titans, and then at Robin. He seemed to be contemplating something

“Robin...” Starfire rasped, stretching her arm out to him weakly. Robin quickened his pace.

“Starfire, fight!” He cried. She looked at him hopelessly. Robin had nearly reached them when, with what Robin would swear looked like a smirk, the creature turned on its feet and jumped up into the sky; short wings emerging from his back. He had forgotten they could fly. Robin reached for his grapple hook; which was still missing with his belt. Starfire locked eyes with him for just a moment, before gaining height and appearing to fall out of consciousness.

“No!” Robin called desperately as he looked frantically around him for something; anything he could use.
He was suddenly almost knocked over from the rush of Raven flying past him and levitating herself up high as fast as she possibly could. Beast Boy was next, flying after Raven in the form of a pterodactyl. Robin watched from the ground, feeling more helpless then he ever thought possible as his two friends flew to save her. He quickly lost sight of all of them though, due to the thickness of the smoke and fumes. And so he waited; his body still aching as he stared up at the invisible sky.

**************************************************

Robin had moved to stand over Cyborg as he waited for a sign of his friends. It had been several minutes since Raven and Beast Boy launched off after the Gordanian who had Starfire. Robin’s eyes were watering severely, and he kept reaching beneath his mask to wipe his eyes. If anything happens to her, it’s going to be his fault. He was the one who swore to keep her safe.
He was squinting his eyes closed when his friends touched the ground beside him. Upon hearing Beast Boy shifting back to normal, Robin turned swiftly to face them. His mouth dropped open at what he saw.
Just Raven and Beast Boy.

“He was too fast.” Raven explained brokenheartedly.

“He went up out of orbit... we couldn’t breathe... I...” Beast Boy tried to explain as tears filled his eyes. “I couldn’t... get to her... she’s gone...” Robin stared past them, his body going completely numb as he fought back tears. His jaw was clenched together so tightly, his teeth were starting to grind.

“What are we gonna do?” Asked Raven, eyeing Cyborg’s offline body.

“We’re going to save her.” Robin snarled darkly. “Get Cyborg in that lizard’s ship. We’re taking it to the tower.”