Status: Expect slow updates. I work full time... and I'm lazy. :)

Midnight Flight

Vision Connection

Starfire wandered the hall outside of Raven’s room for several minutes. She wanted to tell her, she supposed. She wanted someone to know. But why must it be her friends? Her family? She did not want those closest to her know everything about her past. What if they thought her past was so vile, they wouldn’t want her to be a part of the team anymore? What if they kicked her out? Or worse, what if they let her stay but never spoke to her again? She would not be able to bare the strange looks they would give her. The looks Robin would give her. If they knew, it would ruin everything.

But why should she have to tell them? Everything has been just fine with Starfire keeping things to herself. Why should it make a difference? Raven may just be overreacting to Starfire’s dreams. Then again, she hadn’t had nightmares about that horrifying time since she met the Titans. Lost and confused, Starfire briefly buried her face in her hands as she paced.

“Star?” Starfire jumped once more before stopping in her tracks and looking up at Robin.

“I didn’t mean to scare you. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong.” She lied with a large, fake smile.

“Stop saying that.” She looked at him bewildered. “If we’re going to do this... you know... this, then we can’t lie to each other.” He told her as he approached her tensed body. Her arms hugged herself and her shoulders slouched. “Okay?”

“Robin, I wish to be alone.” She snapped before she could stop herself. Robin stopped himself from moving any closer to her and raised his arms defensively.

“Alright, I’m sorry. This doesn’t... have to do with us, does it, Star?”

“Oh, no, Robin. It does not. Please, I will... speak of this to you soon. Just...”

“Yeah, I got it.” He said, backing away. “I’ll be outside.” He said with a hint of disappointment. She sighed as she watched him walk away from her, his head held high.
X’hal, this was ruining everything already, and she hadn’t even told them yet!

Raven’s meditation came to an abrupt halt when there was one quiet, almost silent, knock on her bedroom door. With a grunt of frustration, she made her way over to the door and waited until it opened. When no one was there, Raven poked her head out to see a few strands of red hair disappear around the hall corner. Sighing, Raven jogged after her alien friend.

“You knocked?” She said, causing Starfire to stop power walking and turn to face her.

“It was not I. Perhaps one of the others‒”

“It was you.” She deadpanned.

“Oh, I remember now.” She replied with a smile. “No one was there, so I‒”

“Well you didn’t give me much time to get to the door, now did you?” Starfire sighed in defeat.

“You’ve been... distracted by something of late. I cannot help but feel that it is my fault.”

“My bad feeling is getting worse. I keep seeing things. You have to tell me, at least, what you’ve been dreaming about.”

“But, I do not wish to!” She retorted loudly.

“I understand that, but there could be consequences if you don’t.”

“Why? Why now, all of the sudden there will be consequences? Why is it that I have not ever had to tell you before and I must now? Why?”

“Because I think your dreams were triggered by my senses, my sensing something wrong... because you’re extra sensitive to whatever’s going to happen and I’m extra sensitive to... sensing things.”

“But what is going to happen, Raven?”

“I don’t know! That’s why I need you to tell me everything.” She snapped.

“But I cannot!” She exclaimed with a sob. “You will no longer wish to be my friend!” Raven pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed.

“Yes I will. Starfire, this could be serious. You have to tell me.” Starfire stared at her friend in silence. She knew she was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm clearly having trouble coming up with chapter descriptions. :/