Ghosts of Days Gone By

Saving the Famous

June 10, 3000
7:02 p.m.

Xavier went with the crowd since it was pointless to try and go backwards. He had no idea where they were heading besides down the street. Few people would stray off from the crowd and go into the alleyways. Others would trip and fall to the dirty pavement before being trampled on or tripped over by everyone else. Xavier played it more safe and stayed to the outside instead of the middle of the crowd.

Soon enough, they came to a huge four way section. This was even worse than the street they had been on. People were running from all directions. Some were screaming that the dead were coming back to life and the zombie apocalypse has started. Xavier began questioning their sanity until he remembered the little boy. That boy was the opposite of a zombie. It was like he had powers and healed himself somehow. Either that or the heat was really getting to him and he was hallucinating all that.

Zana had gone out to the street right as the people began rushing by her, sweeping her into the crowd. She nearly lost her balance, but some people were kind enough to catch her before she fell. She ran with them, not sure as to what she should be doing. Few people noticed her right away, but they were more shocked with whatever they had discovered than a local celebrity.

She was kept within the middle of the crowd, stumbling over her own feet. She always caught herself before she fell, grabbing onto the person in front of her. 'They've all gone mad,' she thought, trying to fight her way out of this chaos. She knew she should have stayed inside where it was much safer.

Xavier went right at the four way, accidentally tripping a young lady while doing so. He knew running in this heat was pointless, so he got out of the crowd and strayed towards the steps that led to a nearby building. He sat on the top step while watching the chaos around him. What had the news said to cause everyone to lose their shit? It was a completely normal day just hours ago.

Xavier continued watching everyone from his spot. He soon spotted a woman who was trying to break free from the crowd, but was having trouble to doing so. She looked familiar, but he couldn't place where he's seen her at. He decided to be a gentleman and help her anyway.

Getting up from his safe spot, Xavier went back to the overrun streets. The lady was still pushing her way through the crowd, trying to get out. Xavier held onto the nearby light pole with one hand while holding his outstretched arm out to the lady. Their eyes met before hers fell on his hand.

Zana was thankful to see a man that was trying to save her from her stupid decision to see what was going on outside. It didn't matter to her that he was most likely homeless due to how he looked. She gratefully took the hand of the man, and he pulled her through the crowd. He quickly led her back to his spot on the steps where it was safe. When she finally caught her breath, she began thanking the man over and over.

Xavier smiled as he heard her voice and instantly recognized it. He remembered seeing her on his television before his parent's kicked him out of the household when he was seventeen. He was glad to be the one who saved the famous Zana Jefferson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure if they should have met as quickly, but it seemed easier for me to write them together than apart. Now more crazy shit will begin happening ;)