Status: Complete

World in Flames

Chapter 1

Johnny Seward tapped his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel. He was currently in traffic due to cars going in and out but mostly out the highway.

"Come on." He groaned.

A car sped around the curve so fast it swerved off the road and went down the ditch coming to a stop as it hit a tree. Johnny rolled down his window as the car exploded killing whoever was inside.

He shook his head sadly and rolled his window back up. It had been just that morning since the apocalypse also known as the end of the world had started.

Every single channel had the news and reporters from all around the world. In Japan a giant hole had opened and demons had emerged and began killing and terrorizing people.

Currently in Huntington Beach California events ranging from some of the plagues happening to large cities collapsing.

The weatherman had reported that Earth's satellites which at the time were still working had picked up what looked like coal forming in the clouds. Along with this it also picked up sulfur in the air signaling fire.

Johnny sighed in relief driving forward dodging a falling telephone line as he drove into the neighborhood.

After hearing the world was ending his friends Matt, Brian, Zacky, and Jimmy along with Matt's wife Valary their son River, Brian's wife Michelle, and Zacky's girlfriend Meghan decided to leave.

They asked Johnny to come along but he refused with the world ending and hell on what used to be Earth there was only so long you could run and hide till death came.

So it was teary eyed and sad goodbyes that were passed between them as Johnny wished them good luck and the best in their fight for survival.

A building collasped enveloping his view in ash he couldn't see anything. Johnny cursed but continued to drive forward despite being unable to see ahead of him.

The world ending wasn't all that bad to him especially since he had accomplished most of what he wanted to do with his life.

It also wasn't bad of you had someone to spend it with. His girlfriend of 4 years Leah was waiting for him and was what kept him driving.

When the apocalypse started Leah said she didn't want to run.He thought she was crazy at first.

"The world is ending and you wanna sit here and die?" He had asked her.

"Johnny we're all gonna die eventually regardless of all of this." She said. "Besides there's only so long we can run till either death or demons get to us so what's the point of running?"

He sighed she had a point. "Then what should we do then?"

Leah smiled and leaned up kissing him. "Let's make the most of whatever time we have left together." "If we die tonight I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else but the man I love."

He slowly smiled before kissing her again and pulling her close. "I love you too."

Johnny passed the car of their neighbors the Hanson's he slowed down as Mr. Henson signaled him to stop.

"You're not gonna take a chance?" Earl asked.

Johnny shook his head. "No we're gonna brave it out."

"Well good luck to you two." Earl said extending a hand out. "It was nice knowing you Seward."

"You too and good luck to you and your family." Johnny said waving to the kids before driving on.

He drove on till he reached the end of the neighborhood where their house was at the end. Johnny turned the car off before getting out grabbing the bags he had.

Since the world was going people were taking full advantage of the fact practically everything was free due to people trying to flee for safety to save their own skins.

Johnny walked up the path to their home he turned hearing static.

The streetlight flickered on and off before going completely out the others following suit.

He walked up the stairs and unlocked the door entering their home kicking the door shut behind him.

"Honey?" He asked smelling something good.

"In the kitchen." Leah said.

Johnny walked into the kitchen to find her stirring something on the stove in a pot. He sat the bags on the counter and walked over wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Whatcha cooking?" He asked seeing sauce.

She looked at him with a smile. "All our favorites since the world is ending might as well pig out."

Johnny chuckled. "Guess so."

"Did you get the garlic bread?" She asked turning the stove off.

"Yeah and this." He said pulling out a bottle of wine.

"Great wasn't difficult getting it." Leah said taking off her apron.

Johnny looked her over she was wearing the dress she wore on their first date along with a pendant he gave to her.

Leah noticed the look in his eyes and grinned. "Ready to eat babe?"

"Yeah but not food." He said.

Leah laughed and walked over kissing him his hands wandered down her frame and almost to her ass...

"No no." She said playfully pulling his hands up. "First dinner then dessert."

Johnny chuckled she gave him another peck and held her hand out for him.

He took her hand interlacing their fingers as they walked over to have their last meal together.