‹ Prequel: Remember Me
Status: The SEQUEL IS HERE! (>•.•)>

Going to Pasalacqua

Shopping With Mike

Green Day's  first show was in Oakland. Not exactly uncharted territory, but they at least were lucky enough to be on the bill for some club there. It is supposed to be somewhat like Gilman. So that was good enough to convince the others that it was a good place to preform.

It was also the first night outside of Rodeo and we had been able to rent a decent hotel close to the club so that the band was almost on-site. We had a small amount of money saved for this tour. Most of it will go towards gas. So the belt will be tight, meaning little to no spending money. It will be rough until they can play some more shows and bring in some money.

I perched on a wooden post outside the club door. Because Larry was accompanying them, they could play this show regardless of being underage. I however couldn't stand the gassing smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke inside. So I was sitting out until show time when I actually would go inside to watch the magical performance of when they play.

I hopped up from my spot when I remembered that I didn't give Billie Embry's note. I walked in the backdoor of the club. Instantly gagging internally. But I trudged towards the back room where I'd find them.  

I pushed open the door to see Tré sitting. Calmly... (amazing right?) eating gummy bears while Ang sat next to him doodling on a notebook in her lap. 

“Where's Bill?” I asked him when I found the room was void of any other presences.

Tré shrugged. His eyes never strayed from Angie's detailed drawing of a sunset in a forest while he answered me “He took off with Mike a little bit ago to go pick up a new amp cable for Bill's guitar. He fucked his up...” 

I watched Tré's expression change towards the end. And instantly I suspected that he had had something to do with it. 

“Oh... Ok.” I didn't have anywhere I wanted to walk to or go. I didn't know the town all that well so it was dangerous for me just to wander off. I obviously didn't fit into this scene very well, I felt awkward just standing there like a third wheel observer, with that, I turned around and walked out into the hallway, which was riddled with clouds of asphyxiating alcohol scent.

Then the backdoor opened and Billie walked in grumbling, holding a knot of a new black guitar cable in his hands.

“What goes on peeps?” I grinned approaching him and Mike.

He shrugged “Tré is a dick.”

I laughed “What else is new?” 

He shrugged.

“What did he do this time?” I said more sympathetically. Sitting down on a bench in the hall and patting the spot beside me. He sighed and dropped down beside me. 

“He made our savings sixteen bucks lighter.” he grumbled and swung the cord solemnly between his knees. “He thought it was a good idea to use it as a lasso and rope the ceiling fan, then Mike walks in and reaches to turn on the light, and hits the fan switch, and snap! My cord gets knotted up in the ceiling fan. With loads of shorts in it now... But I suppose it was time for a new one...” he sighed. Ruffling his hair.

I sighed

“Are you ready to preform tonight?” I asked.

“No, not at all.” he said in a calm reassuring voice, then he broke out laughing. 

I playfully smacked his head “Better go practice then.”

He smirked “Please Adie, I've got this. Have a little faith in me.”

“I do!” I protested “You're the one who's going was mopey Eee Ore on me. With all your self-degrading words!” I laughed. Leaning into his arm.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pressed a kiss to my temple. 

“Ok, no more 'self-degrading' words.” he chuckled.

“Good.” I mumbled.

He laughed and stood up, walking off to the room Tré had been in earlier. Obviously to practice. Maybe he was going to sulk in there while he is out of my sight since I wont let him sit here and whimper about how he will fail. 
Had he totally forgotten how many club and Gilman shows he'd played? Not just that but a couple birthday parties. And very few bar shows.

I went to go stalk Larry. Wherever he had run off to.

I'd found him in the front talking to the bartender while plugging in amps and guitar cables for tonight. 

I skipped joyously towards him “Larry.” I greeted him, but he ignored me.

“Larry.” I said a little louder. But he waved his hand and me without looking at me. I recognized the gesture, it was the “Shut up and go find something to do, I'm busy.” gesture.

I pouted. “Meanie.” I mumbled.

We had about two hours until the show started. And Angie had already told me we could go shopping. She told me she'd meet me in the lounge area of the bar in twenty minutes. So I stood there and waited, a little surprised when Mike came out of the room Angie should have and approached me. Mumbling cuss words and pouting as he did so.

“What's up Mike?” I asked.

He shrugged and ruffled his hair “Angie and Tré are watching some movie so Ang told me I had to take to shopping instead.”

My jaw dropped, but I snapped it shut. So my best friend was ditching me? Okay then.

I nodded “Yeah ok, let's go.” I grabbed his hand and I skipped towards the front door while he stumbled behind me.

“I'm warning you right now, I will not go to a beauty salon.” he said sternly, giving me a serious look.

I pouted, jutting out my bottom lip “W-wa-wa-why not?” I whimpered.

“Do you not remember Allison and Kim's birthday party last year?!” he laughed. Grabbing my hand and tossing me towards the direction of Main Street. I guess he would be a better shopping partner, cause he does know the cityscape better, but still. I felt rejected by Angie.

“Oh yeah! Remember how Ollie had to cut the rubber bands out of your hair?!” I snickered while he dragged me along.

“Shut up...” he grumbled. Rubbing his face in frustration. I only laughed harder.

***

Our first stop had been some punk clothing store. Mike shoved me in the front door, insisting on it. Saying it was one of the best places around to get band t-shirts. I wasn't having it, I have waaay too many band shirts at home. Not to mention all the ones I'd packed for tour. Regardless of how much I protested, he proceeded to drag me along inside contently, drowning out my ranting.

When he finally let go of me I crossed my arms stiffly across my chest. Glowering at him, he just laughed but I held onto my fire.

He pointed to a rack up on the wall I refused to look up at, I was being very stubborn. 

He sighed and grabbed my chin and jerked it upward so I would look. I gasped.

“Holy crap! It's a 924 Gilman shirt!” I squealed like a little girl and jumped away from Mike to check out the rack of under-advertised local bands.

I gave Mike a sly grin “You could have said it was one of these clothing stores. The ones that carry band shirts and merch for local bands. Hey! Is there any Green Day stuff here?!” I grabbed the neck of his shirt and gave him a very serious look.

He laughed and loosened my hands from his neck, but the neckline of his Ramones shirt was withered Ito the shape of my fingers piercing the fabric.

“No, not yet. We are still working on getting out I to the world more, I'd say somewhere after tour we will be on the map a little more.” he shrugged like it was no big deal.

I gasped and screamed again “Well when you have merch and shirts out, you can guarantee I'll buy each and every one of them and wear them every day!” 

I grabbed a armload of shirts and went to pay. I had brought a small fortune with me on tour, and it may or may not have been stolen from my collage fund...

***

We were out on the street again, a hour later, wandering aimlessly down the streets while cracking jokes and sarcastic jabs at each other, while talking about random subjects. Global warming, tacos, and music.

And it soon became a heated debate on who was the best bass player in existence.

“You!” I exclaimed and he groaned tiredly. 

“No, I'm not the best ever.”

“Yes you are!” I exclaimed.

“No! Drop it.” he said eyeing me sternly. I glared at him.

“Yes, you are.” I muttered. So quietly he couldn't tell I'd said it. Look who's getting the last word, haha ha.

“Having fun? It sounding like some sort of war out here.”

Billie peeked out from behind the back door, propped open with a coffee can. 

I shot Mike a look. 

“She was arguing with me over who was the best bassist ever.” Mike groaned.

“And?” Billie demanded.

“And she insists its me but I don't agree with her.” Mike snipped.

Billie laughed “Mikey, you should know by now, just to agree with everything she says and to let it go. Shell never let you have your way, so agree and drop it.”

Mike glared at Billie for taking my side, but he chuckled and shrugged past Bill. 

“See you at the show.” he called back to us fro the long dark hallway he bad disappeared down.

“Hey Billie!”

“Hey whaty?” he replied.

“Check out the shirts I found!”

And I launched into a conversation about the store that carried vintage band shirts. And everything Mike had said about Green Day being on the 'map'

He nodded and asked occasional questions until Larry appeared in the doorway “It's showtime!” he declared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go, turmoil shall strike soon ;)