‹ Prequel: Remember Me
Status: The SEQUEL IS HERE! (>•.•)>

Going to Pasalacqua

We Are the Desperate and the Decline, Raised By the Bastards of 1991

Say goodbye to the halls
And the classes
Say hello to a job
And the taxes.
The weekends with old friends,
Spilling into a 9 to 5 routine.
Tell me how you feel over and done with,
Like your life is a map with no compass To guide.
At the bar drinking way too much 
And we sing along to ‘Forever Young’
-Somewhere in Neverland —All Time Low

I sighed. Looking back at the picture of me and Billie still in it's spot leaning against the base of my lamp in a ray of early morning sunlight. Somewhere all over Rodeo right now. The rest of the class of 1991 are getting ready for the big event they had been bracing themselves for for years. All of us together, this afternoon. In the big courtyard outside of Rodeo High, I will receive my diploma. Handshake and Principle Jeffery will wish me good luck in life and in my future. I will thank him, and walk off stage.

Well..  Probably stumble off stage and end up in the yearbook as class klutz. That'd be my luck right?
I tugged on the skirt of my black dress. Adjusting it before daring to look up. The girl I saw in the mirror I winced away from. She isn't the girl I thought I'd be. I should still be memoryless and sitting with Billie under the willow. Watching the sunset through the thick trees. But no, I'm the girl who remembered everything and ditched him during the biggest week of my life.

I heaved a sigh and pulled on the royal blue graduation robe, grabbing my cap, with the charm jangling on it. The shiny little charm hanging from it with the numbers 91 on it. I put the cap under my arm. Leaned closer to the mirror leaning against the wall and smudged my makeup a bit at the corner. Sifting and turning around. Walking I huffed a sigh,  
almost warily over to the bed and picking up the picture of me and Bill. Looking it once over the sliding it into my robe pocket. Patting the pocket for assurance. I closed my eyes, nodded once and picked up my purse. Trying to get used to the silver heels on my feet since both Angie and mom ganged up on me and hid my Chucks saying I could not, under any standard, wear them to my graduation. My mom said she'd rather see me go barefoot them with them. Sooo... Ok.

I looked down the stairwell. Mom, dad and Angie stood there with huge smiles. Angie wearing a bright pink sundress with a pastel pink blouse over it. Her hair curly. Mom and dad all spiffed up from their regular clothes. I felt myself blushing nervously as I cautiously made my way down the stairs in my deathtrap heels.

“Aww Hun, your gorgeous.” mom gushed. Hugging me. Then I hear behind me from Angie 

“Say class of '91!” she shouted. I hardly had time to turn around before the blinding flash went off. Momentarily dazing me while I watched colorful blotches swim around in my vision. I shook my head “Class of 91...”. I mumble.

Mom and dad laugh, ushering me out the front door. To dads Camero which he rarely drives anymore. Must be a special occasion.

***

I stared up at the school. And for the first time of ever being here, I felt nervous. I wasn't sure if it was because today I get Billie back, or if it was after years of work I was graduating... Maybe both. But they were Definitely sending a herd of butterflies through my stomach.

I nodded once, more so to calm myself and stumbled out of the backseat of the car. Staring up at the school, which in my nervousness, looked bigger and more threatening. I wondered where Mike was. And if Mike was here, it was most likely Billie, Ollie, Tré and Tré's parents would be there to support him.

I was right... So right.

After mom and dad handed over their tickets to get in and go find a seat close to the stage. There were two aisles of chairs. Each spanned about a hundred yards each. Easily fitting around a thousand chairs in the two groups. One half of the aisle was for the family and friends of the graduates. The other half was for the graduates themselves. I hadn't realized there was that many different students in Rodeo high. I'd only noticed the guys I liked and the girls I didn't. Guess I never looked beyond to the shadows before. After the accident and coming back to school, I noticed the outcasts a lot more and made the effort to let them sit at the table with me and Mike at lunch. That table had also included Mike's half girlfriend (Not quite girlfriends stage yet) 

I was right though, the half with the friends and family. I recognized just about *everyone* in it. They were all spread out. Around seventy five people I recognized. They were from Gilman...

Tim Armstrong, Larry Livermore, the other members of Op Ivy. Including members from other punk Gilman bands. All here to support Mike's graduation. Holy shit, if that's the case, he has got some pretty good friends. I rose my eyebrows in surprise, almost hiding behind my parents as the walked to their seats. Until someone grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.

“Hello Mr. Patterson.” I smile up at the balding man which had been my history teacher for two years. He smiled proudly at my acknowledgment.

“Hello Miss Stewart, are you ready to graduate West Bay High?” 

I nodded “Yep, I'm ready.” when in my head I was thinking I was really more ready to go see Billie. Hunt him down in the crowds. But Mr. Patterson grabbed my arm lightly and led me towards the stage area. Where all the graduates were gathered. They would each, out of Rodeo High tradition, go up on stage and introduce themselves, say a little about themselves and what they wanted to do with their lives in a full fifteen seconds... Wow. I recognized a good portion of the people around me. Waving back shyly when waved to. Then I saw Mike and wove through the crowd to get to him. He, looked like the rest of us but different then he had been yesterday.

He was also wearing the royal blue robe with gold tassel and scarf draped over his lanky shoulders. He had shaved and Ollie had obviously cut his hair yesterday. But there were still things about him that were the same. He had the same bright blue eyes, tall and skinny built and the angular cheek bones and chin.

“Whoa dude, got a little bit of drool there.” I say pointing at his chest. When he looked down I flicked him.

“Oh hahaha, oh my God Adeline, I'm just quaking with laughter.” he says sarcastically. Staring at me pathetically.

“Ooh I know right?” I say equally sarcastic. He rolled his eyes and pulled me into a hug “Guess who's here.” he whispered into my ear.

“Who?” I ask without pulling away.

“Billie Joe.” he chuckled “He really came more out of support for you than me.”

I laughed and pulled back “Na-Uh, he loves you dude.” I smacked his arm and he gave me a serious look.

“I'm serious. He told me that this morning, acting all smug about it like he is sheer awesomeness or somethin...” he said baffled. 

I laughed “Well of course he is awesome.”

He rolled his eyes and shoved me playfully backwards “Sure, whatever Stewart.”

I laughed and turn around attentively when principle Jeffery called our attention so he could sort us out with the help of the teachers. He gestured to what direction to go for your last name. Mike couldn't legally use his last name Dirnt, so he was only a few spaces ahead of me picking at his nails while I stared at his back a few spaces down. The last name Pritchard doesn't put you very high in the list.

After we were all sorted out. The parents were still coming in through the gates with friends, family all coming through. Passing us standing in line and would briefly pause to hug and congratulate someone before hurrying to their seats. 

I was rocking back and fourth on my heels, staring up at the sky while trying not fall over on the silver heels of my shoes. I looked over, squinting at the sun when I hears my name called. I saw him. People passing between us. Blocking him momentarily from my view. They were staring to send graduates up on stage but I just stood there staring at him, and he stared back.
He was equally as awe stricken as I. The world was frozen and I didn't breathe for a long time. Before everything  came to a head and the whole world around me unfroze and I breathed again. A breath of relief. He smiled shyly at me. And God how I'd missed that smile. I was up after the next ten people. Hurrying through their brief speeches.  I took off running on the heels, stumbling twice and I heard someone yell behind me “Miss Stewart, get back here!” but no, I kept running.

I looked over my shoulder long enough to see all the teachers. A few looked angry and others kind of awed at the sight of true love occurring right here. 

I lunged forward closing the last two yards between us and landed, slamming into his chest, wobbly on the heels, I didn't care and gave into his strength. Pressing  my lips on his in a long awaited kiss.

My Billie was back. 

He kissed me back before pulling away a little and chuckling “Missed you too.” he murmured and kissed me again. The best thing about the whole kiss was that, I tasted no traces of alcohol or pot on his breath. 

“Holy shit I missed you more than anything all damn week.” I murmured. Kissing him once again before embracing him in a tight hug. I propped my head on his chest like I used to.

“Same here Adiekins.” he smirked and I playfully smacked his arm. 

“Dammit Mike...” I grumbled. I suppose it'd have been foo much to expect him to *not* tell Billie my old nickname. But only as expected he, couldn't keep his mouth shut.

“Well ma'am, I believe you have some angry teachers waiting on your to make your speech.” he said bowing, gesturing behind me where seven of the teachers scowled at me. I Sighed and nodded. Pecking him on the cheek and gesturing onto where to sit, then stumbling some more as I ran towards the stage in heels. Really I wanted to have proceeded standing there kissing him all afternoon. But apparently people have lives and don't have time to watch teen romance.

“Hey, I'm Adeline Stewart. I uh... Plan on attending collage for music engineering. I get a lot of support from my friends and family. Especially my dearly beloved, Billie Joe. Who has shaped me into the person you see standing here now. Hell, I don't know where I'll be in a couple years and it's foolish to try to think that far ahead. So let's live for now, and like my good friend Tré Cool says, live for today, Bitches!” the crowd, mostly Gilman goers, blew up with a herd of applause as I ditched the stage and for the second time ran headlong towards Billie. Flopping into his lap, I noticed a few parents around giving me dirty looks for having said that. I shrugged it off though. I couldn't care too much. Most likely I wouldn't see many of these people again.

I nuzzle my face annoyingly into his neck on purpose. Loving the way he smelled like some overly cliché girlfriend from a chick flick. I laughed drunkenly into his skin as I was still trying to comprehend he was here. Not some guy in my dreams hissing at me in the darkness of night telling me to help his up, or the douche in the meadow who ran after the beautiful girl. Or the many hallucinations I'd had, imagining his presence. And it was only a week without him. I was trying to imagine what it might be like to go forever without him.

“Miss Stewart!” hissed Mrs. Sarah behind me.

I looked back at her lazily. Only half sitting on Billie's lap.

“You need to get with the other graduates.” she warned before stalking off. I snorted and pressed a kiss to Billie's jaw, waving excitedly at my parents once before stalking off to the other row of chairs. Plopping down in one of the hard chairs with a bad attitude. I concentrated on principle Jeffery reading off some annual speech. I was trying to loose myself in his words and calm myself down.

I guess after a week of my no Billie rant. I just wanted to make up lost time and go home with him and to the beach all day. Then to Gilman. And when we go home, we'd watched Disney movies with Tré until one in the morning. Laughing drunkenly from sleep deprivation. God I was happy shit was working out well so far. He hadn't called me out on leaving him or any of my decisions including shutting my front door in his face.

I kept looking to the left, trying to spot him in the crowds of people in the aisle over. All I could see was the slightest smidgin of his black dreadlocks. But that must have been enough to satisfy me because I stopped gawking after a bit. 

We stood up to do the pledge of Allegiance. Then principle Jeffery read out loud the motto of our school. That even after a couple years of being here, I had never heard, known nor had memorized.

But I moved my lips in a low mumble anyways so no one could hear me and I'd blend in with the voices of everyone who did know it. Satisfied that I seemed to go unnoticed. 

Then Principle Jeffery stood up and announced we would be beginning handing out diplomas to the class of 1991. All the graduates cheered every time out class was mentioned. Waving our arms in the crowd like mad, I could swear that every time we waved our arms and cheered, Billie did that same, followed by Mike and Tré hollering excitedly for the class. Everyone shot them 'looks' clearly questioning their sanity. I just smiled. Looking towards the stage as they began handing out diplomas and handshakes to the kids who's last name began with A. If Billie were graduating with our class, he'd been through the waiting pretty quick.

The names droned on. but I was still obligated to clap every time someone went on stage. Smiled and waved at us, took the diploma and thank you's and congratulations gratefully. The over and under traditional handshake and then off the stage on the other set of stairs. I grinned and clapped for each. Even after a while though, my hands began to sting.

“Michael Pritchard.” principle Jeffery called into the mic. Mike looked up in amazement then shuffled to his feet and awkwardly made his way towards the stage. 

“Thank you sir...” Mike almost mumbled. He looked embarrassed to be on that stage without any kind of instrument whatsoever to draw the attention away from himself. 

He shook his hand and fled the stage in a fast walk. I was clapping my hands to stumps for Mike. He returned with his reddened face. Waved at me before flopping down in his seat again. Looking forward patiently towards the stage he had just trampled off of.

The letters ticked away quicker now. Like a fuse on dynamite. M's N's O's P's Q's R's S's...

“Adeline Stewart.” my head snapped up at focused on the stage. Principle Jeffery gesturing for me to come up. Then I instantly understood Mike's awkward shuffle towards the stage.

My heels would get stuck in a knot of grass or something and I'd stumble a little. Almost jumping to clear the space between me and the stage steps. But with my luck, I'd end up tripping and skinning my knees on them instead.

The sound my my heels on the wood stage sounded too loud. Like knocking on a door. I tried to slow and soften my walk but that seemed to only make it worse. But still I crept towards principle Jeffery.

He smiled at me and handed me the little beige piece of rolled up paper with the thick silk crimson ribbon tied around it in a precise little bow. My hands were sweating like crazy and I'm sure he noticed it because after I shook his hand, he winced slightly and wiped his hand on his pant leg when he thought I couldn't see.

“Congratulations miss Stewart. I wish you good luck and success in whatever path you choose for your future.”

I nodded and thanked him. Stumbling off the stage. And of course in stead of campy walking back towards my seat, I jogged towards where my parents sat in the front row. And waved my diploma in their faces, laughing happily before taking off for my seat. From the glares the teachers were giving me, they were obviously sick of my shit. Running everywhere and then during my speech, calling everyone who had attended a bitch... So yeah, I'd be sick of myself too.

Since there weren't many kids when they got to the letters X and Z. Graduation wrapped up pretty quickly. 

“Friends, family and society. I give you, the class of 1991!” principle Jeffery was drowned out, the grads were shouting at each other, throwing their arms into the air and screaming excitedly. Dancing and then, under the count of 3-2-1, they all threw their caps up into the air. Most catching them again on their way back down. Everyone breathless and laughing. Hugging each other, if I'm being honest, this is the closest any of these kids have ever been to each other. During any school year really.

I was laughing breathless and was being bombarded by hugs of a lot of people I didn't know. Except Mike, he picked me up and spun me around. Tossed me over his shoulder and moved towards Billie, 

“Go long dude!” he shouted, nearly throwing me at Billie, I knocked the breath out of him and knocked him to the grass. He gasped and looked up at me and laughed. I stood up, pulled him to his feet and dusted the grass off of my robe. Mike, Billie, Tré all enclosed me in a tight hug and mom took a picture of it. Then, I got one with Angie with us. Then one of me and Bill, me and Mike and then one with Tré. We switched out so I could get one with my parents as well. 

When we were all pictured out, we all nearly ran to the parking lot. Halfway of running through the grass in heels got old though, so I sat down for a second and undid the straps. Taking off running again with the silver heels jangling in my hands.

“Adeline, put some shoes on!” mom called behind me.

“You said you wanted me to go barefoot!” I mocked. She rolled her eyes and I charged after Billie, Mike and Tré to the parking lot. They of course still beat me back. I leaned gasping against the hood of dads Camero. 

“We won!” Billie called to me mockingly, from Ollie's station wagon parked a few spaces over. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. 

Billie invited my parents to Mike's graduation party tonight at his house, and they were all coming to my reception at the house now. Mom and dad agreed. To be there by five. Though it was most likely that I end up carpooling with them back to Billie's.

I hugged him one more time even though I'd see him again in less then five minutes. I waved and climbed in the backseat. My graduation robe still on, yelling at the world that I am a graduate of the West Bay High, Rodeo California. Class of 1991
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, the long awaited makeup reunion scene. As always, every chapter is inspired by a song. This chapters song was Somewhere In Neverland by All Time Low, and a tid bit of the lyrics were at the beginning so you get the point, anyways, here's the song. Also other inspiration came from the song Love by American Authors ;)

Somewhere in Neverland:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=EyLKR7cca9A

Note: this is the first link I've posted in a story Thingy before, and so I don't know if it will actually work because I'm doing this from mobile and it's not showing it as a actual link sooo, if it doesn't work, you can search it on You Tube or wherever it suits your fancy ;)

Xoxo

-Demons