Status: Active

I Want Our Love to Surround You

Prologue

There is something deep inside of us that drives us forward. For each and every human being there is different reasoning. Some of us search for a passion, some of us search for love. We seem to need a purpose; some sense of stability and importance. Our footsteps lead straight, occasionally they stumble back and more than normally we are moving in a zig zag - unsure of our life choices and always trying to find that trail leading to our dreams.
I don’t know what door I opened to reach this destination. It was a shot in the dark, like some unforeseen streak of luck finally landed in my palm...
And I grasped it.
I took it tight between my calloused hands and didn’t dare let go because for two months I felt like I had finally belonged. I was so far from home but yet I felt like I had a family all around me. After what felt like a lost and tragic love story I took my leap of faith and got into that little car and left behind all the problems I couldn’t face.
And we just drove. We drove and drove and drove.
We followed the train of red, silver, and navy buses like our lives depended on it. Sometimes it seemed like they were a humming, breathing Calvary of steel. There was no stopping them from the next humid, dusty, or rainy city (on occasion it was all three), because the show would go on. The show always needed to go on.
The four girls traveling with me had pushed me into it. “It will be fun!” “A perfect opportunity for a vacation.” “Just come with us, it’s only for two weeks.”
It was exactly that; I needed that vacation. I needed that escape. I’ve always been good at running from my issues but this was a whole new situation and mentally I couldn’t handle being connected to humanity anymore. I felt to need to build and create a fresh start of myself and for my 21st year of life I would tell my grandkids that “I followed a countrywide tour for two weeks.”
But that wasn’t all I would be able to tell them.
Last year was a life changing year. In the middle of my volunteer job I suddenly had an offer for a real job. 2013 suddenly turned into something I wouldn’t want to try to rub from my memories later. I had a bunk, I had friends, and I had money in my pocket that I truly felt like I didn’t deserve.
I may have lost people from the experience but those girls couldn’t understand what Warped Tour was really about. They loved to flaunt themselves around the band buses claimed that they ‘dreamed of working Warped’ but their actions showed different.
They couldn’t handle it. But I did, and now 2014 I truly will be my year.
No more distractions.
No more messy interactions.
No more blackouts.
No more shitty bosses.
I’m moving forward, because in the end that’s what we all want anyways.
Isn’t it?
♠ ♠ ♠
OO SUSPENSE U BUILDIN' OVER THERE?!