Status: mibba month!

Taylor

“clink, clink”

Upon reaching the café, Taylor decided that she wasn't in the mood for coffee and dragged me to a McDonalds instead. My stomach growled as we pushed open the doors, the greasy scent invading my senses. Maybe it was better to come here - a quick food fix of filth and then go back to work rather than picking at a petite, ridiculously overpriced tart and becoming hungry halfway through the time from now to dinner.

“What do you want?” I asked Tay as we stood in line, pulling my wallet out of my pocket. Tay's small hand pushed it down, and she shook her head at me.

“I'll pay, I asked you on the date. Not the other way around.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but she cut me off with a shhh. Smiling slightly, she asked,

“What do you want?”

“A cheeseburger and a diet coke, please.”

She nodded curtly and stepped forward, relaying my order before scanning the board and placing her own.

“Actually, make that two cheeseburgers and a side of fries, and a lemonade thanks.”

Tay carried out tray table and let me retrieve the straws and and napkins. We sat down and she distributed the food.

“Such a lovely date,” I commented, sticking a fry into my mouth and chewing.

“Very classy,” Tay rolled her eyes and picked up her lemonade, making a surprised expression when she heard a clinking sound.

“You didn't think that was just lemonade in your cup, did you?”