The diary of a vampire girl

Wednesday - my neck hurts

Time: 7:30pm Date: 17/05/08 Location: Declan's living room.

Dear Diary,

The pain in my neck is easing up a bit now, thankfully. The actual changing didn't hurt that much at all, hurt about as much as an injection. Althoughnow that's a complete different story. It burns. I don't regret anything though, if I had the choice to be changed again, I would still do it. I look supernaturally beautiful now. I mean, I wasn't that bad looking before, but now ... I'm sure to get all the guys now. God, that makes me sound so preppy! Of course I don't want to get all the lads. Just one, and he's called Edward, I guess I'm OK though, as he's a vampire too. I've just realised, my sense of smell has gotten soo much better, I mean, I can smell everything in the room. It's very annoying actually. Declan has just walked in. He's sitting beside me, looking at everything but me. The silence is killing me.

"so erm... vampire. What can I do now?" He looks at me with a 'really don't want talk right now' look on his face.

"You will be able to: Read minds, fly short distances, jump off the tallest buildings without being injured and see in the dark. Plus all the obvious ones like, drink blood." I nod. He turns back to the TV and switches it on. He's hotwired it or something so that it only shows the Vampire Tv shows. That's OK though, I was watching it last night (after I got turned), and they're not that bad.

"Riley, you realise you're going to have to be extra carefull not to blow our cover. You're going to crave blood every minute of every day. You cannot tell anyone vampire's exist,
OK?" I gulp, and nod. I know I'm going to crave blood. I'll just have to hang around with Edward all the time.

"I'll hang around with Edward?" I suggest. Declan smirks.

"I know you've got a major crush on him, you know" I blush.

"I - I.. Yeah."

"He knows too"

"How -"

"Reading minds, Hun"

"Oh." Well, that's embarressing. All my secrets! Better not think about them.

"What secrets?" Damm, he read my mind again.

"er .. er n - nothing" I stammer. HE MUST NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BOX!

"What box?" Oh god.

"Nothing" I try not to think about anything that relates to my wanting to be in black skinnys instead of denim mini skirts.

"Oh, so you wanna dress in black skinny jeans instead of Mini skirts?"

"Yeah. I hate these stupid things!" I pick at the hem that's half way up to my thigh.

"Then, why do you wear them?" His eyes stay at my leg for a second too long.

"Because ... " I'm reluctant to actually tell him this. "I -in my old school I was an outsider, no one liked me. 'Cause I dressed how I wanted to. You know, black skinny jeans, black eyeliner and stuff. So when I moved here, I decided I didn't want to be an outsider, so I dressed like a prep. And know I'm one of the most popular girl in the whole entire school!" he just stares at me.

"So, this" He gestures to my clothing "Isn't you at all?" I shake my head. He looks halfway between discusted and sad. I hang my head. His hand gently touches mine. I look up to see his face very close to mine. I sigh.

"I-I won't be able to change that now, Declan. I'm in too deep."

"Hey, Edward wears the kind of things you like."

"Yeah, but he's a dude!"

"So?"

"So, girls get treated differently to dudes"

"They shouldn't"

" I know they shouldn't, but they do"

"But, Edward is easily the most popular boy in your school. All the girls think he's "yummy", if he hung around with you, you could still be one of the most popular girls. Anyway, you don't have to wear everything black. You could wear a blue top with black skinny jeans?" I smile at him, he's being so nice.

"Yeah. Listen, you can't tell Edward about anything, ok?"

"I'll try not to think about it" He smirks. I smile at him and then turn away. He continues to watch the Vampire show. Sighing, I lean back in his chair.

"I'm going to have to go now."He looks at me and nods. So I stand up and walk out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
cool, she's a vampire xx AND SHE'S TOLD HER SECRETS !! btw, could someone please make me a banner for this?? comments = loove