Status: work in progress, bare with me.

Why so Serious?

Had to be.

I walked into the restaurant with a man at my side, he was tall and bulky but pretty much just for show; I didn't really care is everyone was staring at him and not me. I waited for the waitress to welcome us as I looked around the restaurant in search for my brother, he was having dinner with the new D.A or so I shall call him; Mark.

"Hello?" I looked over to the lady and smiled a genuine smile.

"Wayne." I responded.

I watched as she looked down at the list, her finger scanning the names and then finally stopped towards the end of the page. Her green eyes met mine as she picked up a menu and motioned for us to follow her. We walked through a few rows of tables and then finally came to a table in the far back, my brother and his girlfriend were seated across from Mark and some woman. Bruce looked at me with narrowed eyes as two seats were pulled up to the table, I sat right next to Wayne and ordered a Lobster meal. My eyes soon scanned over to Mark who was staring at me intently.

"Mark, right?" I asked while picking up my glass of water, I choose to stay sober for the night.

He cleared his throat and took a sip of his wine while sending me a smile, I knew it was a fake smile.

"Yes, we met at the penthouse." He kept calm and I leaned over closely to Bruce and whispered into his ear.

"It's not the joker you have to worry about." I pulled away and took another sip of my water and then looked back at Mark.

"Right, the new D.A of Gotham. How is that panning out for you?" I leaned my elbows on the table and looked at him intently, but never faltered my smile.

"Uh, very well." He spoke while taking a bite of his food, I narrowed my eyes softly and gave off a small giggle.

"That's, very nice. Have you gotten anyone yet? Are you starting small like kidnappers, Dent went for it all. He took them all on." I watched as my lobster meal was placed in front of me and I smiled, as much as I played it off I was indeed starving.

I glanced over to Bruce was watching Mark.

"No one can beat Dent, yes I am starting small. I don't need the whole criminal parts of Gotham wanting my head." He laughed and so did the woman besides him.

I continued to eat and let Bruce chip in for a few minutes asking questions and laughing about random things, I took the time to step in before he left.

"The moment you become D.A, is the moment that you signed your death certificate; the moment everyone wants your head on a plate. So please Mark, watch your back and be careful." I gave him a wave as he walked off with his girl and didn't look back, but I did see him take out his phone and make a call.
"What the hell was that about? Do you think you have any right to come in there and threaten the D.A!" I sat on the couch while watching Bruce pace back and forth, his girl friend sat next to me watching for shits and giggles.

I didn't interrupt him because Alfred had walked in with a few pieces of paper and silently talked to my brother. They both looked at me and instead of saying anything Bruce left to his bat layer leaving me with Alfred and his girlfriend.

"That was ballsy what you did today." I heard her speak.

"It had to be done." I spoke as I stood and left the room.