Status: work in progress, bare with me.

Why so Serious?

Lost

Lost, alone and hungry.

Once I had stepped out of where ever I was, I had started running away from it as fast as I possibly could; just wanting to get away from that place had my legs at full power. But when I knew that I was far enough, my body and legs gave out. No food, no water and lost in the woods.

I knew that I was far away from Gotham, miles and maybe even states away from my home. Wearing nothing but a bikini, I was becoming cold also. At this point I was regretting my actions back home, regretting that I had not taken the tracking safe device. Regretting that I pissed off the only one who could find me. Running a hand through my hair I looked around, it had been a few hours since I got away. I was walking barefoot in the forest, the bugs were just going to town on me and my stomach was starting to hurt from the lack of food.

Finding a stream or a river could help, finding a road would help a lot more.

So I proceeded to walk in the most random direction because I didn’t know let from right where I was, If I was in Gotham I could tell you where everything was, which way was north, East, South and West. There was no problem or fears, regardless of the criminals. My feet stepped on rocks, twigs and even bugs but at this point; I was so used to it that nothing I stepped on would bother me.

“Darling.” I heard the joker come into the room.

It was midnight and I couldn’t sleep; I was up all night with food poising. I didn’t know if he had done it to me or if the food that was given to me actually sucked. I ignored him as he walked over to the bed and placed a hand on my back, refusing to look at him he grabbed my face and turned my head.

“How is my little pet fairing today?” He seemed just a little too nice.

“If you keep this close, I may vomit on you.” Muttering as I leaned against the wall, He didn’t come back last night so I had no reason to stick to one side of the bed, I took up the whole entire bed that night.

He placed a hand to my cheek and just rubbed me with his thumb.

“Now now, you don’t want to get punched in the face do you?”


I walked and walked in hopes that I would find something, my skin now had bumps from the bugs, scratches from bushed and trees. I was now dirty, hungry, thirst and tired. I wanted to go home, I wanted to see my brother, Alfred and even…Joker. I wanted to hurt Mark so bad, I wanted to hit him where the sun doesn’t shine…with a car.

I ran down the streets trying to get away from the goon, he had turned on the joker and was now trying to bring me to Maroni for a fair trade. If I was taken away then he was going to use me as leverage to Bruce and I was not going to let that happen, my chest hurt from running and the cold air hitting me hard. The snow was falling in thick blankets and I could have sworn that I was now lost, I wouldn’t stop though. I would keep going until I was back in the hide out and warm.

My teeth chattered as I started to slow down, my fingers and toes started to feel numb and my face was tingling from the feeling starting to fade away. I had stopped walked and was now aimlessly looking around, every building looked the same. Turning around I slammed into someone’s chest and automatically started to thrash away. I wasn’t going to become captured once again, I felt the gloved hands grab my arms and pull me close to their warm chest.

“Stop it before I have to knock you the fuck out.” Joker’s voice was like a welcoming parade.

My arms wrapped around his waist causing him to tense up, I was happy that he had found me, I was happy that I was starting to feel warm and I was happy that he came looking for me. He always seemed to do that when I would get caught, in trouble or even just get into an argument with someone or one of the idiots he hires.

His arms wrapped around my waist lifting me into a cradle hold as he walked us back to the hide out, I was immediately wrapped in hot blankets and placed in a nice warm bath. How ever I wasn’t alone, Joker had stripped and joined my shivering body in the bath to warm me up. In a way, I would have freaked out. But for some reason I let my head rest on his chest and sleep take over as I felt my body coming down from the shivers.


I closed my eyes and let my body lean against a tree, I just wanted to sleep or die. Either way something needed to happen. I felt my body sliding down the tree as sleep started to over come my body, I had no problem with welcoming it; that is until I heard someone.

“Look over there.” My eyes shot open and I pushed myself up from the tree, I didn’t know if I should run and hide or welcome these people as a hope for survival.

“Oh my god, she looked ready to die.” I heard a woman’s voice as my eyes started to close once more, my body started to sway but a pair of strong arms wrapped around my body lifting me into a cradle hold.

“Hang on darlin’.” The man’s voice was so welcoming. “Just stay awake for a lil’ while longer, we gon’ get cha’ to a hospital.”

I felt my body being placed on a seat and then heard the car engine start; I guess I didn’t realize how close to a road I really was. My body drifted in and out of sleep for the whole ride, which seemed like forever. When we finally pulled into the parking lot I was ready to sleep forever, my eyes had become heavier then before and my body was just weak.

“Some one help!” I heard the woman yell, she had more of an understandable accent then the man. I felt him lift me once more and carry me into the hospital, the light flashed over head, my arms dangling and my head swaying from side to side. My feet hurt and my whole body just felt weak, I felt like I was going to die.