Status: work in progress, bare with me.

Why so Serious?

Lay Low

Do not search for him.

Ava, I am the person that protects Gotham and it is my job to protect you; no matter the age gap or how mature you really are. It is my job, this is what I will do, go about your days as if it didn’t happen. I will bring him to justice.

Promise.
Xo Bruce.


I crinkled the paper and tossed it into the garbage pale across the room, my brother was out of his mind to think that I was just going to just sit back and go about my life. I quickly got dressed in my casual attire and placed my hair in a bun; I placed a black sweater on and walked out of the penthouse. I had to go make some visits.

My body was still sore from only being out of the hospital for a few days, I had stayed home just watching TV and relaxing. That is until I received that stupid note from him.

It was dark as I walked down the streets, a chill in the air and not a single person on the streets really. In a way it was pretty much spooky as shit, if I remembered correctly I was going the right way to his most recent hideout; he could have changed it and then I would be screwed trying to find this clown, I really didn’t like clowns. The whole sense of them didn’t make sense, they weren’t funny and their makeup was creepy.

Sighing and watching my breath form into smoke I shoved my hands into my pockets, just from walking a few blocks I was already feeling tired. Stopping at one corner I looked both ways and ran across the street, down the ally and over to the nearest door. My breathing was hitched from that small run across the street and my chest was starting to hurt, no wonder he told me to lay low. I shoved at the door but it didn’t budge, I shoved again and it still wouldn’t budge. Groaning I leaned my head against the door and knocked.

“Who is it?” I heard on the other side of the door.

“The mail man, open the door asshole.” I held my breath for a second trying to calm my heart; it wasn’t because I was going to see the Joker. I wasn’t afraid of him, I mean he was crazy in all sorts of ways; but to fear him would be giving him the pleasure and letting him win. I felt the metal door move and a guy in a clown mask opened the door, our eyes met and he automatically pulled it open all the way.

The warm hit me like a ton of bricks which actually seemed to hurt, I was tired, now becoming hungry and agitated. Not giving the clown a second glance I moved around the warehouse in search of Jokers room, I noticed that things were a tad bit different. He moved the couch to the other side of the room, now had a flat screen TV hitched on the wall, two women sat on the couch scared out of their panties. Shaking my head I moved down the hall, he had painting on the wall, then a few hand prints and some “Why So Serious.” writings all over the wall. Joker was a fucking mad man.

Reaching his door I softly knocked, I heard some shuffling around and then nothing; so the next time I knocked it sounded like a police officer was at his door. This time I heard him cursing and the door swung open. His once brown hair was tinged green, his dark eyes looked like they bags under them. His makeup was smudged and he looked tired, angry and surprised.

“Ava.” His hand out stretched, wrapped itself into my hair and dragged me into the room while slamming the door behind me.

He tossed me onto the bed where I quickly got my composer back and stared at him, I was too tired for this. I watched him pace back and forth, he had papers sprawled all over his desk, some of the D.A, some of other people that I didn’t know even existed. His gloved hands were wrapped into a fist as he muttered under his breath, I took this time to get comfortable and cuddle under his thick silk blankets.

In a way, it seemed like he had forgotten I was in the room. So I let my eyes close. How ever that didn’t last long when he yanked me from the bed and onto the floor, I groaned when my body hit the floor; every bone in my body hurt.

“I didn’t say you could sleep.” His hand wrapped in my hair once more, lifting me to where I was inches from his face. I swallowed the lump in my throat and closed my eyes; I really just wanted to get some rest.

“Seriously though, if this is how it’s going to be. I think I should leave, I just want some sleep and you’re treating me like a rag doll. It reminds me of that D.A, Mark.” My words came out like venom from a snake, or they stung like a bee. I watched him glare at me hard but soon enough his grip lessened and was soon gone. With some effort I was able to lift myself from the floor and back onto the bed where I laid back allowing my legs to hang off the edge. I should have stayed home.

“My…Plan isn’t working well.” I heard him mutter from next to me.

Groaning, I opened my eyes with slight struggle and looked at him.

“You’re a man with no plan, so why is your plan not working.” I spoke.

Some people would call me insane to deal with the Joker, seeing as I was far from a criminal; there was no reason to deal with him. Well in a way there was, I would think we had some type of connection. I hadn’t figured out what type of connection yet, but I knew it was there.

I felt his hand find its way onto my upper thigh, his grip loose but tight at the same time. I wanted to squirm under his grip, pull him closer. It had been years since I was even that close to him, I let my eyes drift again. My head resting against the messed up bed sheets and my breathing started to slow down, I was letting the sleep take over once more; once more it got interrupted.

This time by Joker undoing my belt, then my pants button.