Status: work in progress, bare with me.

Why so Serious?

This city is mine.

It was about ten at night when I got the Penthouse; I missed most of the party because of the paper work and the fear of running into him again. Bruce knew the trouble I went through with the Joker; he knew everything because he was the one who rescued me as Batman. Well, I wouldn't say he knew everything; he sure as hell didn't know what happened when I was alone in the joker hotel house.

The party was still going as I walked in from the elevator, no one paid me any mind; they were all to occupied with Bruce and this new person who he was throwing this for. After Harvey and Rachel died Bruce went through a downward spiral, he stopped being batman; he even stopped being Bruce Wayne. I was struggling to keep the company from falling into bad hands, then Bane came along and well he brought Bruce and Batman back from the dead. I made sure the whole time Gotham was in trouble to stay under the radar, they didn't know who I was or what I meant to Bruce.

I can't say that I didn't get into some fights and sometimes got my ass kicked, because I did. After that whole situation, Bruce had left once more leaving me to deal with the company and the penthouse. Everyone thought he was dead, even the Joker. But then he came back with his girlfriend, the cat woman and made it known that he had to fake his death for Gotham. I was beyond pissed that he came back, I was mad because I knew that something was going to go wrong.

"Ava, where have you been?" I felt his hand on my shoulder and looked over to him; the thoughts had already pissed me off so I was giving him pretty much a dirty look.

"Stealing my pen back from my thief of a brother.” I heard him laugh as he walked back into the main room leaving me to change and deal with my anger issues.

I walked over to my closet and slid it open; I had a few dresses along with some premade outfits. I had my mother’s favorite dress coat hanging up on the far right corner; I huffed as I looked at the jacket. They tried to take it and sell it, I refused and ended up almost getting arrested; I made sure that jacket stayed with me however.

"What to wear?" I mumbled as I stared at my clothing, finally I grabbed my black dress and black heels. The dress clung to my upper body and started to loosen at my lower half, a slight went down my right leg and showed my rose vine tattoo. Something I didn't like showing because of a name hidden with in the rose vine, which if you look closely you will see.

Putting my hair up quickly and fixing my makeup, I made my way into the main room where all heads turned towards me. This I wasn't fond of.

"Well look who finally shows her face, everyone as you may know this is Ava my younger sister. If it wasn't for her, the company would have been long gone." I heard mutters along with the clapping; I felt their eyes on my back as I made my way over to my brother who pulled me into a quick hug. Then I watched a young man make his way over to us, he was tall and well built; he had a nice face and chiseled jaw with jet black hair. His eyes were bright blue and it was as if he was staring right into your soul.

"Hello, my name is Mark. I'm the new D.A of Gotham." I gave him a quick smile as I looked around the room.

"Do you know what happened to the last D.A of Gotham?" I quickly glanced at him as he took a sip of his drink.

"He was killed by the batman?"

That was true but not all true, Bruce took the blame in order to keep Harvey's name clear of all the death he caused in the end. But in long run, it was brought out to the world either way.

"Yea…”

I took my leave and walked out to the balcony, the moon was out and the stars were actually showing; in Gotham it was very rare to see stars. So when you saw them it was nice to just admire them and remember that they were there. I felt someone walk next to me; I didn't bother to look because it was either Mark who I knew was going to flirt; or my brother who was going to bombard me with stupid questions.

"You haven't change a...bit." I froze when I heard his voice; slowly I looked over to him and saw that he didn't look like the joker. He looked normal, something that no one saw; something that I saw only.

His green hair was black and slicked back, his scars were covered with makeup so they barley showed and his brown eyes bore into my blue ones.

"You..." I looked back over the ledge and up at the stars while he stood there.

I felt him move closer to me, I knew what he wanted to do. I knew he wanted to physically hurt me in some way but was mad that he couldn't, it would give him away. I felt his hand on mine, they never changed; no matter how much dirty work he did his hands were so soft. I felt him lean closer to my ear and push the hair back, I felt his hot breathe on my ear and listened to what he said.

"This city is...mine and uh, you're coming back home dear." I felt his soft lips kiss the crook of my neck but I didn't react, I watched as he walked away and through the crowd; a few woman flirted with him and others ignored him while he left the penthouse.

I felt my body relax once he left the building; I had watched him get into a black van and leave. Things were going to get complicated in Gotham and they were going to happen really fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone enjoys this.

This is the first Joker story that I have written in a really long time time.