Status: work in progress, bare with me.

Why so Serious?

I'm not saving you again.

My whole entire body was in pain, I felt every bump on the road as the person who rescued me drove to where ever they were taking me; I didn't hear anyone talking or moving, it was pretty much a silent ride. I tried to open my eyes but I didn't have the strength to do so, I groaned and moved my head to the side. I felt a gloved hand on my head and I leaned into it, I still didn't know who it was and why they were saving me. My body drifted off into sleep once more.

I sat on the run down couch with my hands tied, I was being stared at by three masked men. One wore a happy mask, the other wore some weird looking mask and the last one wore a sad face mask. I was pulled from a meeting that was pretty important to company, though I don't think they minded that the Jokers men decided to kidnap me.

I let out a loud sigh and shifted in my spot, all eyes were on me once more. I shifted again and sighed even louder, a gun was soon pointed in my face and I leaned back into the couch causing it to creek. I swallowed and looked at the person behind the gun, it was weirdo. I looked to the other two and they simply looked the other way, I placed my tied hands against the gun and slowly pushed it away.

"No need for that." I said as I watched him place the gun on the table.

I yawned and looked around, it was a warehouse; it was run down with broken windows and metal pieces around the area. I sighed once more but flinched when I saw the clown reaching for the gun. I hated clowns, I really did. they just wore to much makeup and their face never changed. It was creepy and annoying all at the same time.

A door opened and slammed closed, a few seconds later in came the Joker all angry and mumbling about something that I couldn't understand. He walked past us and into a room that I didn't know what there, with out warning I quickly stood and ran to the room, in my heels that was pretty much dangerous. I heard the weirdo clown follow me but I got into the room and slammed the door in his face while locking the door after, I turned slowly and stopped. The Joker was passed out on the bed.

"Great." I mumbled.

I kicked off my heels and slowly made my way over to him, the knife was in his hand and I slowly tried to grab it; I was making my death wish at the moment. I had just about got the knife from his gloved hands when he gripped it and flipped me on to the bed besides him. He was still asleep, his snores were loud and his grip on my dress was tight. This was the closest I had ever been to the Joker, I looked down to see the knife resting on the bed and I grabbed it. I started to cut the tie around my wrists but froze when I looked up and was met with his brown eyes.

"What are you doing?" His voice was low.

I cleared my throat.

"Uh..well..um." I licked my lips and heard the tie snap from my wrist's catching his attention. He narrowed his eyes as I sighed in relief and rubbed my wrist. I looked at my wrist and smiled, not even bothering to care that he was now death staring me. "That feels so much better."

His gloved hand grabbed my face and pulled me close to him, he didn't say anything but just stared at me until he did speak.

"What...are you doing...in my bed." I blinked, was he really annoyed that I was laying next to him, my dress half way up my legs and my shoes on the floor.

"If you thought I was trying to... do something with you, dear you are so wrong. I was simply trying to get that blade to cut the tie, it hurt. Your henchmen are idiots and gun happy. Now let go of my face." I pulled away from him and lifted myself up to where I was sitting, my wrist throbbed a little from the pain but other then that it was fine. As I went to get off the bed he grabbed my hair and pulled me back down to his level.

"I didn't say to get up." He mumbled as his eyes started to close and his grip loosened on my hair, but his arm quickly wrapped around my waist to keep me from moving. I rolled my eyes and rested my head on the pillow and just stared at the ceiling.


I felt warm and safe, there was an arm wrapped around my waist and I cuddled close into the person chest. It felt familiar but different at the same time, slowly I opened my eyes and was met with darkness, pulled my head from the persons chest I was met with Bruce's face. He was sleeping peacefully and I slowly pulled away from him, my body still hurt but for some reason I felt like I was treated for all of my injuries. I made my way to the kitchen where I was met with Alfred, he had a plate of food ready with a note and rose on the tray.

"What's this?" I asked as I sat on the chair.

"Well, when we got back here; there you were on the couch all patched up and sleeping. I found this note in your pocket so I was going to bring it to you." He placed the tray in front of me and I took a bite out of the food and grabbed the letter. Slowly I opened it and looked at the writing.

Ava,

I'm not saving you again.

J


I shook my head and rubbed my eyes, he may have said that now but if it came down to it I knew he would. I placed the note in my pocket and finished eating my food.
♠ ♠ ♠
So happy that you all enjoy this!

Leave me some love!