Drive

Chapter 1

Thick air filled the room, with the smell of liquor. Everything seemed okay at this moment. I was high as fuck and it felt good. Not a care in the world! I was doing me.

"Melanie quit hogging the shit!" He said.

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled taking another hit.

I wasn't always like this. I was innocent, sweet, kind and had common sense. I did my first session with my best friends, Alex and Lexi back in Chicago. I took another hit before passing it to Luke.

Luke.

We aren't dating, I honestly don't know what we are. Friends with benefits maybe? I met Luke at a Hookah bar one day and we instantly became friends..with benefits.

"You want this last hit?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine." I said staring at the wall. He smirked at me and planted a kiss on my lips.

Something about him made me want more, but then again, every time we kissed, I never felt anything. When I pulled away, he smiled taking that last hit while I took a swig of my beer.

"I think I should get going. My moms probably freaking out!" I said standing up from the couch.

"You're gonna drive like that? You're drunk and high, I don't think that's a good idea."

"I've done it before, I think I'm good Luke."

"Whatever, just be careful.."

The drive home felt like I took hours, when really it was ten minutes. I walked inside and both my mom and stepdad were watching Tv.

"Where were you?" My mother asks.

"I was out with Lexi." I said slurring my words.

"Bullshit, she's in Chicago! You're that drunk? Look at you! You're eyes are bloodshot red! This isn't how I raised you!" She says.

"Oh no, you caught me..and it's not like you raised me anyways! You're always working! Or with Phil! So it doesn't really matter does it?"I say sarcastically waving my hands in the air. I walk towards the stairs but my mother stops me.

"Melanie. You're grounded, I'm sick of you always coming home like this! This has gone out of control!" She yells.

"Well I'm glad you actually care and noticed." I said coldly before walking up the stairs as I slam my room door shut, I became sober real quick!

My mother was one of those business people who work all day and all night. If she's not working, she's at a meeting, if she's not at a meeting, she's having lunch with a co-worker, if she's not having lunch, she's with Phil.

Phil. What an asshole. He acts like he's so innocent, when really I know he's cheating on her. What a fucking dumbass. I hate him so much!

As I laid in my bed, I looked at my phone.

1 missed call from Lux.
4 messages from Luke.
2 messages from Alex.

I decided to text all three, the same thing.

Taking a nap, call you later. :*

What I would do to move back to Chicago with my dad. I missed him so much. Maybe if I had my dad here, I wouldn't be getting high every day and drinking. Instead I'm stuck here in New York with my mom and her cheating husband. I missed Lux and Alex too. Lux is my age, 18. Alex is a year older than us, he's also gay. Which is why I love him more than anything. He always puts a smile on my face when we Skype together. Mostly because he talks about this cute guy he's crushing on at him job.

Lexi is my sister, but I call her Lux. No we're not biological, but she's always been their for me no matter what. She's always telling me to stop smoking weed and quit drinking. I know she's right. It's just so fucking hard... Lux was the good one. She's never smoked, never gotten high, never drank..
She was Lux. I was innocent at some stuff too...I'm still a virgin...I mean I'm not that stupid. My grandmother told me to save that for someone who's gonna love me forever...Sometimes I wish I can be like Lux without a care in the world and-

"Melanie, me and Phil are going out to eat, do you want to come?" My mother asks. Her cheeks look like she's been crying. God it is so hard to be pissed off at her.

"No thanks..." She nods and starts to walk out the door.

"Mom!" She stops to turn and look at me.

"I'm sorry, I was talking out of my ass and I shouldn't have said all that. I won't come home high or drunk anymore...I love you."I say.

"I love you too honey, are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yes, I'll stay here, I'm kinda tired anyways." I say.

"Okay then, I'll see you in about two hours." She says as she kisses my forehead.

I felt bad, my mother is being cheated on, I'm giving her shit, and to top it off I didn't take her offer and here I am complaining that she never has time for me...I love my mom no matter what. Smoking and drinking and getting high, yes I love the feeling but my
Mother is way more important even if she doesn't have time for me.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"Yes?" She asks walking towards my room again for the third time. I grab my jacket, keys, and my phone off my bed.

"Can I drive?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't written in a WHILE! I haven't had time to write and I've been so busy! This is my new story Drive and I am also writing it on Wattpad as well. Please comment! I really like reading them, please tell me if you see any mistakes. This story is unedited so... Thank you guys once again! <3