Drive

Chapter 4

(UNEDITED)

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask the doctor. She looks at her clipbored as she flips through the papers. "He has a few injuries and some sore muscules. He hit his head pretty hard but there's not concussion or anything like that. He was injured on his left side and lost a small amount of blood. He should be fine, but were going to keep him over night just in case." She smiles. A small relief washes over me. "Can I see him? Please?" I ask. She nods and leads me over to him.

"He's pretty lucky to have a girlfriend like you, you know?" She says as we walk to his room. "Oh, no were not dating, I've known him for like three days." I say with a laugh. "Doesn't seem that way."

Niall was laying there on the white hospital bed with his hand holding the Tv remote and the other on his wound. He looked to me and sat up. "Hey." I say and wave my hand. He smiles.

"Hey."

"Um, how are you feeling?" I ask sitting on the small couch. "A little better, the medication is taking the pain away, so it doesn't hurt as much anymore." He said turning the Tv off. "Listen, thank you for bringing me here. I probably would of went home and wouldn't of gotten treated." He says.

"Oh, it's no problem." I say getting up to grab the remote from him turning the Tv on. "Hey! I turned it off for a reason ya know?" He laughs. "Well, I'm not gonna sit here and have nothing to watch!" I giggle, noticing a small patch of fresh blood on his head. I take my finger and slowly wipe is it off with Niall watching my every move.

"You have really beautiful eyes.." He says. "Thank you." I smile looking away.

"So uh, what's with you and Luke?" He coughs.

"Oh, um, nothing...We aren't dating or anything."

"Seems like it. Do you like him in that way?" He asks. "No...yes? I don't know.."

"Before your accident happened, I had a argument with my mom and her husband and I drove to Luke's house and we kissed... It was different though, like, like it meant something.." I look at the ground.

"Maybe you've had feelings for him before and now you're getting mixed feelings...I recommend not being 'Friends with Benefits' and just being friends. One of you will get hurt." He says.

Niall was right. He was absolutely right. I can't have feelings for Luke, can I? No. Me and Luke are nothing! Just friends...with benefits.

"Fucking hell! I need to smoke!" Niall said loudly.

"Tell me about it."

"You have a cigarette?" He asks.

"Ew, I don't smoke cigarettes. I'm all about the weed man." I say.

"Do you have any of that?" He laughs.

"At my house." I smile. "Go to sleep, it's 6 a.m and I'm tired as hell! Good morning?" I laugh and sit down on the couch trying to be comfortable and close my eyes.

"Good morning Melanie." He whispers.

It was now 2 p.m and I was still at the hospital. I open my eyes to see the sun in my face, squinting my eyes I see Niall standing up with his IV being taken out of his arm. Niall was being taken out the hospital today and now he's feeling better. He has a slight limp when he walks, but that's only being his wound is sore. I get up to brush my teeth and wash my face with cold water to wake me up more. When I step out the room Niall has his clothes on and he's texting on his phone.

"Afternoon sunshine!" He says sarcastically. "Morni- Afternoon!" I say.

"Ready to go? I'm already checked out." I nod my head, grab my keys, phone and bag while Niall follows.

"Where's your place?" I ask. "I thought we were gonna go smoke?" He laughs. "Oh you remembered huh?"

He smiles. His smile was perfect, he was amazing to stare at sometimes. He pants sagged at bit, and his hair wasn't styled like a quiff, it was flat on his face. He still looked perfect in my eyes.

The room was filled with thick cloudy air. Niall taking hit after hit, then passing it to me. I felt like I was betraying Luke in a way. I only ever smoked weed with Luke and gotten high only with him. Niall began to laugh. His eyes squinted when he laughed with his mouth open as if he's having a heart attack. I laughed along with him and I didn't even know why we were laughing.

"What are we laughing at?" I laugh.

"Oh god, I don't even know!" He laughs harder. "My stomach hurts!" He laughs.

Our laughters started to die down and we just say there in silence, passing the joint around, taking one hit at a time.

"This is what I needed." I say turning my head to Niall. He stared at the ceiling. He smirked before looking down at me.

"Tell me about it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for reading. Just to let you know this story is also on Wattpad! DONT FORGET TO COMMENT! <3