Strictly Casual

7

The scene that unfolded around Avery was not one that she particularly cared to take part in. She wore her pretension like a cloak as she leaned against the bar. Sunglasses were perched on her face, completely unnecessary and a cigarette perched from her lips, completely unlit. Her hair was piled on top of her head precariously, and her makeup wasn’t quite sure what it wanted to do. She was drunk already, and she’d allowed herself to be dragged here by Lila and her sorority sisters. Although she was drunk, she wasn’t quite drunk enough to participate in the embarrassment happening in the middle of the floor. Only watch. The music was loud enough to cause tinnitus, and the people were somehow more obnoxious than she was, but without as much effort. Avery’s cigarette was lit for her by someone who she needed not ask. The boy (yes, that’s what he looked like, a boy. They hadn’t been carding when Avery arrived.) leaned in, his chest pressing against her folded arms, his moist breath hot on her ear, and asked if she wanted a drink. Avery grasped the cigarette between her first and middle finger and lifted her glasses from her eyes. She licked her lips and leaned into boy, unfolding her arms and brushing her fingers against the his neck before uttering, clearly and concisely. “Not on your fucking life.”

The boy reveled in shock for a moment before ambling away, leaving curses and insults scattered in his wake. Avery continued her slow scan across the dance floor. A familiar face caught her eye. She took a drag from her cigarette, not surprised that this was the type of scene Garrett would be fond of. Avery inspected the itty bitty thing that was latched onto him. There was an interesting snippet of emotion that wormed into her mind, but she pushed it away and continued to watch. Their dancing wasn’t much, Garrett looked around often, as it scoping for an escape route. But when the girl brought his face down to hers for a sloppy kiss, he didn’t pull away like Avery thought he would. His eagerness was almost a shock to Avery. She suddenly felt sick. Timing was on her side as Lola came up to the bar, panting. “Are you having fun?” She beamed at Avery, who was shaking her head.

“Not quite.” Avery shouted. “I actually feel really sick. I’m gonna head to the diner and get something to eat, okay?”

Lola nodded sympathetically. “We’ll be here for a little while longer, but I’m sure we’ll be behind you shortly.”

Great. Avery thought sarcastically. “See you then.” She cast one more glance at Garrett, who was still suckerfished to the itty bitty girl, before turning her back and leaving.

The diner was greasy and only a slight health concern. Hunger growled deep within Avery, and she stared at the menu for a long time before she ordered a cheeseburger, french fries, and a stack of pancakes. “It’s nice to see you again honey.” The waitress, Marjorie, smiled at Avery.
“It’s good to see you too.” Avery smiled before the women took her menu. She returned after a moment with her coke and then left to serve other intoxicated college students. Avery dicked around on her phone until her food arrived. When it did, she drenched it in hot sauce (yes, even the pancakes) before she tucked in. She was halfway through her burger when the sound of her name being spoken brought her attention up. Garrett was standing there, drunk, with a lazy smile on his face.

For fuck’s sake. She thought angrily. His suckerfish was holding onto him, shooting Avery daggers. She swallowed down her food and wiped her face with a napkin. “Hey, what’s up?”

“Nothing really, just looking for food. This place any good?”

“Yeah. I’m here all the time.” Avery flicked a look to girl still holding protectively onto Garrett, glaring like Avery had no business being in his presence. “I’m sorry, do you want to take a fucking picture or something?”

“Carmen, why don’t you go sit with your friends?” Garrett shook off the girl, who looked at him with a combination of shock and anger. She stomped away the best her itty bitty feet could manage.

“Real winner you got there.” Avery taunted, putting a few fries in her mouth.

Garrett sat down across from her with no invitation. “Yeah, I made out with her at the first bar we were at and she hasn’t fucked off since. Decent kisser, but she seems like a lifetime commitment.” He peeked over his shoulder. “Christ, I’m actually a bit terrified of her.”

Avery laughed through the disgust she felt. “That’s no good.”

“Well, I’m hoping you could save my night.” Garrett smiled his dumb goofy smile again.

Avery was mad. She didn’t want to help him. She wanted to leave him with his suckerfish and tell him bon voyage. She didn’t want to fuck him tonight, because she didn’t want to taste another girl on his lips. But they were friends. And friends helped other friends. “Do you want some food?” She asked meekly. “We can go when we’re finished.”

“Sounds great.” He cut heartily into her pancakes. Avery watched with amusement as he shoved a forkful in his mouth and immediately spit it back out. “What the fuck, Avery?” He grabbed for her glass of coke and chugged it.

Avery was laughing, “I’m sorry! Drunk me loves hot sauce on literally everything.”

“You’re fucked. A burger with hot sauce I get, but pancakes?” He stole her burger and took a bite, eyeing her with suspicion. Their meal went quickly. Every once in awhile she would catch suckerfish staring, to which Avery would reward her with a smug grin. They were exiting the booth post meal when Garrett grasped Avery by the waist. Their kiss had force, and a certain amount of need. His hands slid up her dress, teasing the edges of her panties. His mouth tasted like bacon and hot sauce. She tried to hold to her earlier sentiments, but when his teeth met with her bottom lip, Avery found herself dizzy with desire, her body aching for him. When she pulled away, Garrett murmured. “You’re not too far from here, are you?”

“I don’t think I can wait until we get home.” Avery countered. She checked to make sure the coast was clear before pulling Garrett into the single occupancy bathroom and locking the door. He immediately forced her onto the sink, his mouth on hers and his hands rough on the inside of her thighs. His pants were unbuttoned and around his ankles in a matter of moments. Garrett didn’t even pull off her thong, merely moved it to the side as he slid inside of her. Her teeth met his neck multiple times, partially in an attempt to stifle her moans, partially because she wanted to mark him. In his drunk state, Garrett lasted quite a while. At one point he pulled her off the sink and turned her around. Thank god for yoga. She thought as she bent. Avery had little to stifle herself as he fucked her from behind. Like a dumb romance film, Garrett came as Avery did, his fingers digging into her hips as he pulled her tight against him. Avery's knees were weak and she wanted nothing more than to lay down for a few minutes. They held their positions, panting, for a moment before moving to clean up. As Avery went to open the door, Garrett spun her towards him and kissed her. Lightly, sweetly, he kissed her. She fell into it, wrapping her arms around his neck and biting his bottom lip gently.

“God that makes me want to take you again.” He growled, burying his face in her neck and planting a series of bites.

“That can wait until we get home.” Avery rubbed the obvious bulge in his jeans. “Right now we shouldn’t push our luck.”

“Then let’s get the fuck out of here.” Garrett grabbed her hand and led the way out of the bathroom. His neck was covered in bite marks. Avery smirked, making eye contact with the suckerfish as Garrett pulled her towards the door. She blew her a kiss as they made their exit into the crisp night air.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sexy sex time