‹ Prequel: Flower
Sequel: A Night in Venice
Status: Drabble/Finished/Complete

The Writing World

1/1

The online writing world was at war and the leaders had to do something about the situation at hand. Stories were getting copied and posted on other sites under different authors, mibbians were against wattpaders and quizillians and the same could be said about the others as well. This couldn’t go on any longer so the rulers of the online writing world decided to meet in order to discuss about it and think about what they’d do.

Mibba had just entered the hotel where the meeting was going to take place. She went straight to the lobby were she saw Wattpad in a black tuxedo with a white tie, his black hair styled back and his icy blue eyes fixated on Quizilla; the young ruler of the quizillians. With his blue ripped jeans and green shirt, he seemed younger than he was. He was already fifteen yet he seemed like an eleven-year-old boy. His emerald eyes screamed youth, like the little spider earring he wore on his left ear.

‘’I’m sorry I’m late,’’ the young woman said before taking a seat on the table. She took off her blue jacket, revealing her simple white shirt and blue jeans.

‘’We just got here too,’’ Wattpad said smiling at her.

‘’No, we did not. We’ve been here for at least half hour. Where were you?’’ The young boy asked, playing with his light brown hair. ‘’I was tired of arguing with him all alone.’’

She smiled at him before turning to face the man to her left, ‘’and why were you arguing?’’

Mibba wanted for all writing sites and all people to get along and share their creative ideas. She believed they had nothing to fight for because all of them shared the same dream and if not dream, then at least their love for writing and reading.

‘’I was just re-telling what my people have been saying and arguing for with your people. Quizilla is said to be a site where children of 10 to 15 sign up and write. The same can be said about Quotev but I’m glad they don’t have issues like us. Mibba is a site which attracts readers that want to switch from Quizilla and Quotev to something better and then there’s Wattpad where authors can become successful and become published authors.’’

Mibba just smiled at him before she pushed her hair to the back. ‘’Mibba is a friendly site that accepts everyone who has a passion for writing and reading. The same goes for all sites and if you believe what you just said Wattpad, then I don’t think we’ll reach an agreement today.’’

‘’Would you like something to drink?’’ The young boy asked quickly, wanting to avoid the two older people argue, especially since he knew Wattpad’s feeling for the plain yet clever woman with the always red lips.

‘’No, thank you Quizilla. I just want for us to find a solution so we can end this meaningless war.’’ Her voice had arisen to a higher level but she said nothing more.

‘’It doesn’t matter what I believe, Mibba. The problem is what the people believe. The three of us have been friends for a few years now and we can resolve this only if we sit down and speak.’’ Wattpad’s eyes were no longer icy; it was like the ice in them had melted down. He was kind yet serious.

Upon looking straight into his eyes, Mibba calmed down. ‘’You are right,’’ she admitted before she started speaking again. ‘’I have an idea. Since we agree that there are no problems between us, our people and our sites, then we should host a conference and transmit our feelings to our people. We are the only rulers of the writing world and it’s our duty to do it. If we are honest with them and explain to them our beliefs, then they’ll accept our words.’’

‘’I’m in,’’ Quizilla replied right away. There was no need for him to think about it. He was a young boy that liked simple things and quick solutions. He wanted nothing more than to have fun along with the rest of the quizillians.

Mibba turned to look at the man while wearing a serious expression. ‘’I agree as well,’’ Wattpad answered, and Mibba smiled at him. Just a smile from her was enough to brighten his day.

***

The next day at the conference, things weren’t easy. People were pushing each other, and even hitting others with books and pencils. The camera-men were trying to catch everything while surviving from this mess.

‘’Calm down everyone,’’ Mibba tried but none of them heard her voice. She turned with a disappointed look to face Quizilla who was chewing gum while seeming bored. She turned to Wattpad, silently asking him to help.

‘’Quiet!’’ The man yelled but still they didn’t stop. ‘’Quiet otherwise all sites will be closed till you make peace.’’ It was time for the people to stop these childish acts and actually hear what the rulers had to say. All the mouths in the room were closed, and you could hear their heavy breathings from all the yelling and hitting.

‘’Thank you, Wattpad.’’ Mibba said to the microphone while looking at the man who nodded, and then she turned to the people before her. ‘’We are all here in order to tell you that you have to stop arguing, fighting and stealing. All of us adore the writing sites and the people who use them for years. We would be devastated if we had to take down our sites in order for this mess to end.’’ Mibba could see that the people were hearing her words carefully and that warmed up her heart. All these people had nothing separating them, even though they thought they had.

‘’To write means more than putting pretty words on a page. The act of writing is to share a part of your soul with the world, and all readers' love seeing that very piece of yourself in your writings. Don’t turn something so beautiful and strong to ash.’’ Mibba was overwhelmed by the fact that writing and reading meant everything to her and most people, if not to all of them. There were ages were writing was a very powerful tool and she didn’t want writing to lose its meaning.

‘’I agree with Mibba,’’ Wattpad said into the microphone in front of his seat and then turned to the young boy to the other side of Mibba, ‘’and I’m sure Quizilla shares the same opinion as me.’’ Quizilla nodded his head for the whole people to see.

‘’Let’s all stop this fight and get to writing and reading is what I say,’’ Quizilla yelled into his microphone while smiling with his childlike face.

All the rulers were smiling sitting beside each other, and as a sign of deep friendship they got up from their seats and both males grabbed Mibba’s hands, one each, intertwining their fingers. Soon, the crowd starting chanting, ‘’Hail to the Writing World’s rulers, hail.’’

The problem was solved and the people would never forget the words they heard that day; not because their memories were good, but because what they had heard and witnessed with their own eyes was enough to warm their hearts and realize there was no reason to fight with each other.

That was how the first war ended and the people found the hidden hope behind their passion for writing and reading. The Writing World was once again united.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writing this made me think of Wattpad as an older and wise man, Mibba as his young wife and Quizilla as their playful child.