Status: umm....

Child of Lilith

Prologue

Prologue

Eirene sat facing her vanity that was decorated with intricate twist of vine and rose thorn topped with a weeping cherub painted with an oak wood brown and a black wood finish. She brushed her waist length long chocolate brown ringlet shaped hair with unsteady hands. Tears silently escaped her eyes as she lightly hummed a tune that comforted her. The words she had long since forgotten. As if to keep hold of herself and her sanity she refused to meet her own eyes. Looking at the black and blue bruises decorating her pale thighs she closed her eyes. Her trembling increased as a new flood of tears burned acid tracks down her porcelain cheeks. She passed the next 15 minutes in relative silence listening only to the sound of her own humming and the whisper of the wind, until finally she looked up at the self she had been avoiding.
Her face, still ever beautiful, was littered with the after effects of the resistance she ultimately let fall. Her tears ceased their relentless flowing and had slowed to a gentle crawl. Clouding her vision only slightly now having a hard time breaking from her own image.

Taking in a deep breath looking up at the ceiling she finally regained enough control to command her tears to stop their assault. Looking back at her reflection she ceased the brushing of her hair and grabbed the first-aid kit she stashed under her bed. Slowly she set about tending her busted lip and bruising cheeks.
She felt the soft whisper of the wind caress her neck and a small smile creased her lips. She loved the fact that whenever she felt like falling apart the wind would calm her. Her cheeks still wet with tears was soothingly cool, even though the rest of her body felt comfortingly warm. The wind slowly caressed her as if to say that everything would be fine. With the breeze was carried the scent of, what could only be described as nature. It smelt like freshly watered grass, the rain on a summer day, and the scent of wet earth.

Standing she made her way to the window. The pain in her body was gone, she was no longer sore, her legs could carry her weight, and she no longer felt weak. She let her eyelids fall feeling the caress of the wind, the scent of the earth, the wetness of her tears and the warmth of her skin.

This is where I feel most like me, in nature, all alone. As she thought to herself she felt as if a piece of her was missing, but she had come to terms with the emptiness long ago.

It was barely a whisper, but she heard it, the wind had carried it closer to her ears before swirling around her once again before it left. It promised her something that she could not quite make out.

The tears had dried the wind was gone and the cool night air started to nip at her nearly bare thighs and arms. She walked to the shower a bit confused. She felt something was coming, something new yet old. She couldn't describe it however, she knew change was approaching. Whether good or bad it was the type of change that could not, and would not be stopped.