Status: Done. This was a one-shot ♥

Kissing Galaxies

The Kiss

Your lips brushed against mine dispassionately as you shrugged on your bag onto your shoulder and head off to your next class. I turned down the corridor rushing for no other reason than to get away from the lonely feeling that kiss gave me. My class doesn't even start for another hour and all the other people I know here are more your friends than they are mine. I guess that's what happens when you date such a social boy and you are not even a social caterpillar let alone a butterfly. I hurry towards the one place on this campus that I can get peace. When I near I can see the old banner for welcoming freshmen has gone down. So, I watch school spirit squad put up yet another banner, this time advertising a job fair exclusively for college students. Which if I wanted to work twice as much as I do now I would be thrilled for. I watch as the girls struggle to reach the top wall while the guys useless flirt with freshmen who are utterly bewildered by their responsibility. I rolled my eyes and sat on one of the couches they have by the indoor café in perfect eye view of the new banner.

I watch as the freshman girl laughs and places her hand on one of the guy's biceps. He flexed his muscle and she batted her eyes at him, giggling some more. I let out a sigh trying to remember what we used to be like. If wonder if we ever looked that flirty and care free? I wonder how we looked to others in the start. Back when I swore the stars looked down on us with envy, jealous of how close we can be. That seemed like years ago rather than just months. I twist the strap of my bag at the thought, upset that we weren't flirting shamelessly. That we no longer looked like we have potential.

The student working the café gives me a dirty look, so I order a large tea so she can leave me alone to mope. She brings it to me with a smile on her face, pleased that I purchased something. She puts the charge on my student id, so I can be billed later this month. I cradled the paper cup in both hands and stare at it, recalling how we met. It was a Monday, psyche class was a complete pain that day and I need a cup of tea to relax my anxious mind. I was pushed into you by a student who was rushing somewhere with a scowl on their face. Instead of taking my chances with that drama, I apologized to you. You said no problem, and then you sat at a table with me. At first I thought it was odd, until I noticed it was packed everywhere else. You said that it was the least I could do, I laughed awkwardly. We ended up talking here for two hours laughing and losing track of time. We both missed our classes and that was it from there. After that it was like the world was heavier when you weren't by my side. We spoke constantly and about everything under the sun, no one knows me better then you do.

Things changed so suddenly, out of nowhere you arms started to feel stiff as you held me. Your kisses became brief and emotionless. Our conversations have grown cold and I find an odd comfort in our uneasy silences. Anything was better than forcing words into open air with you. When I watch the stars now I imagine that we somehow got sucked into their world, now we reside galaxies apart. A vast number of things separating us, and no matter how we try to close the gap it can't be done. We cannot budge from our proper places, not without causing cosmic consequences. Yet, I can't seem to find the courage to end this pathetic excuse of a relationship because in the end being with you is better than being alone.

I must have sat their longer then I was supposed to because I see you heading this way from your class.

“Did you skip class?” You say sounding half bored with this conversation already.

“No,” I shake my head and chuckle softly, “I just lost track of time that’s all.” I start gathering my things, better to be late than to be marked out. “I am going to go to class late. See you later babe.”

I kiss him, lingering longer than we have in while, putting hope into the kiss. My hope that once again, my heart while race when he says my name. That once again, I will know that that stars glow in jealousy as we stand on the brink of our tomorrow. I kiss him with the hope that everything will be better between us.

_________________________________

She kissed me roughly, pushing her lips against mine, I can feel her hope. I wish I could tell her, tell her that I love her. That I am afraid, so I have been putting space between us. That I don't want to lose her but I don't know how to hold on. I don't know how to tell her that when I kiss her, I see the stars. Kissing her is like kissing galaxies, brilliant, beaming, gorgeous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it :)