Status: Active :)

Dying Waves

The Beginning

Deep down, on the sandy floor of the ocean, lay a group of curled up creatures. Each with the top half of a woman and a long, swaying tail that came in shades of light or deep blue, blood red or fiery orange, shimmering silver or dark purple.

One-by-one, they began to move. Their tales flickering and disturbing the peaceful sea as they stretched and slowly started moving upwards towards the surface, where they would try -and succeed- in finding their prey.

"Nerissa!" One of the mermaids with a fiery orange tail called and her sister soon appeared, an innocent look upon her young face.

"What is the matter, Melody?" Nerissa questioned, lowering her head as a sign of respect to her higher ranking sister.

"You may come with us today, so that you may learn how to hunt," Melody had sun kissed skin from when she had gone up to the surface to lie on the deserted end of the beach, her chocolate brown locks hung in curls to the top of her ribcage and her eyes shone like the sea on a summers day.

Nerissa -in comparison to her sister- had a naïve sort of beauty. She had the same chocolate locks, but they were wavy and cascaded down to the bottom of her spine. She had a strong jaw and prominent cheek bones. Her amber eyes stood out against her tanned skin. Her long, glowing tail was golden like the sun.

"Yes sister," She replied without hesitation, knowing that arguing with her would be more trouble than it's worth.

"Let us go then," With a nod from Melody, the group of mermaids grinned and shot off like rockets towards the surface.

Nerissa let out a pitiful sigh as she watched her family drag the human males down to the depths of the ocean. This was the part she refused to participate in. She could not stand the thought of being the cause of another beings demise.

A sharp tug on her tail caused her to let out a yelp as she choked on the sea water that raced down her throat. A moment later, she resurfaced only to have a net thrown over her head. Hisses began clawing their way out of her mouth as she struggled against the trap.

"Melody!" Nerissa shrieked.

Her family appeared around her and started ripping and tugging at the rough material that held one of their own captive. Nerissa's eyes widened in horror as a large, pointed stick forced its way through Ruby's chest and she gasped once before sinking under. A small amount of red liquid swayed from side to side on the surface. More sticks appeared, and one-by-one, her sisters fell, sinking towards the bottom, until only Nerissa herself remained.

"She's feisty," A strange voice commented as she thrashed about, more hisses escaping.

Two faces came into focus before her eyes and she glared at them. One of them reached down and grasped the net that was tangled with her tail; they hoisted her up onto the dock with cruel smirks.

"She'll be worth a ton to the other hunters."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, so I've decided to change her name from Sapphire to Nerissa because I don't think the name Sapphire goes well with the fact that I've changed the colour of her tail. Anyway, I've changed the actress portraying Nerissa from Astrid Berges-Frisbey to Phoebe Tonkin.

I also have this story posted on Fanfiction.net, my username is Fire and Ash if you wanna read it on there!! :D

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the prologue, and I'll update as soon as I've finished the first chapter!

Always and Forever.

xx
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this story, and if you wanna read it on Fanfiction.net, just look for Fire and Ash and go down to my story list! :D

Always and Forever.