Status: Active :)

Dying Waves

A Curious Case

Nerissa continued to struggle as the strange men hoisted her up and carried her towards a large hole in the ground. Without hesitating, they tossed her into it, her tail hit the water harshly and sent a large amount flying over the side.

"Gary, help me lower the bars!" The blonde ordered.

Gary rolled his eyes but walked forward and grabbed the end of the bars. Together, they quickly lowered them and grinned when the lock snapped into place and she was successfully trapped.

"You're a pretty thing," The brunette grinned.

"Leave it be, Jack," Gary scoffed as he received an irritated hiss from the mermaid.

Jack chuckled and grabbed the harpoon from the bed of his truck before jabbing it into her net tangled tail, causing her to shriek in pain and claw at his hand.

"Lets go. We should tell the others about her," Gary pushed Jack ahead of him and they climbed into the truck.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Hurry up, Dean!" Sam yelled as he waited impatiently for his brother.

"I'm coming!" Dean called back from inside the motel room before appearing a few minutes later with his duffel bag slung over his shoulder. "Where are we headed?"

"Detroit, Michigan," Sam replied as he climbed into the car. "People have being going missing at a deserted harbour."

"How are people going missing if it's deserted?" Dean questioned as he got in the drivers side.

"It's a popular spot for fishing or partying," Sam leafed through the pile of paper on his lap and settled back against the leather.

"Let's get going then!" Dean cheered.

Sam rolled his eyes at his older brothers low maturity level before reaching out to turn the radio up as a good song came on.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Nerissa howled in agony as the red haired woman sliced her cheek with an extremely sharp object. Her eyes turned a dull yellow and she lashed out at the woman with her fangs bared. Another sharp object impaled itself in her shoulder and she shoved her arm through the gap in the bars and tugged sharply at the stick until the human released it and she threw it to the bottom of the hole.

"You'll pay for that!" The woman hissed and went to grab her gun only to have Gary yank her backwards with a curse.

"We need her alive!" He struggled to take the gun from her grasp but eventually succeeded.

"One bullet wound won't hurt," The woman replied angrily.

"Rosie, you need to get a hold of your temper," Jack scoffed as he walked over with another female.

"Lana, don't tell me you're siding with them!" Rosie threw her hands up in disbelief.

"They have a point, we need her alive and uninjured," Lana replied simply. "Do you really think the others will pay for a damaged mermaid?"

Rosie grunted in reluctant acknowledgement and turned her back on the group before heading outside. Lana chuckled at her cousins behaviour.

"I'll stay with her, you guys can go to the bar," Lana nudged them.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"I called the coroners office," Sam stated as he leaned against the side of the car. "He said that the victims were in perfect condition, apart from having no blood left."

"You think it could be vampires?" Dean questioned.

"Possibly," Sam replied. "But it makes no sense. Why throw the bodies in the harbour?"

"I don't know, I never asked," Dean snorted.

Sam turned to his brother and went to answer him when something caught his eye.

"What's that?"

"What's what?" Dean looked at him like he was crazy.

"It's blood," He explained, crouching a few feet away before glancing over his shoulder at his brother.

"Yeah, so?"

"Dean, it's leading away from the crime scene," Sam sighed in exasperation.

Dean paused, beer bottle half raised to his lips, and he set it on the hood of the car before going over to his brother.

"One of the victims might have gotten away?" He guessed.

"It's possible, but that doesn't explain why it's in a straight line," Sam ran his fingers over the still wet blood trail. "They didn't get away. They were dragged."

They stood and started following the trail, only to come to a stop when it ended near the road. A flicker of gold caught Dean's eye and he leant down and picked it up.

"What's that?"

"It looks like a scale," Dean said with a raised eyebrow.

The two brothers looked at the shiny scale with curious expressions before glancing at each.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"I always thought that mermaids could heal themselves in water," Lana stated as she unlocked the bars and pushed them away to leave room for her to watch the creature with fascinated eyes.

"I cannot heal unless I am in the ocean."

Lana's eyes widened at the sound of the mermaids voice. After she got over the initial shock, she could hear the strange accent that the being spoke in.

"You can talk?" She asked curiously, sitting at the edge of the hole with her gun next to her.

"Yes, I can talk in a variety of languages," Nerissa replied, eying the woman cautiously.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Nerissa," Her tail jerked painfully as the net tightened.

"Your name means Daughter of the Sea," Lana smiled slightly.

"What are those?" Nerissa hesitantly swam closer and touched the strange things.

"That's my feet," Lana replied as Nerissa poked them curiously.

"What are they for?"

"They're for walking," A chuckle escaped at the mermaids seemingly naïve nature.

"I have never...walked before," Nerissa struggled with the word. "I have only ever swam."

Lana was only half paying attention to Nerissa because her eyes were glued to the glowing golden tail. Nerissa caught her staring and reached out and grabbed her hand. Lana's eyes widened in surprise and she fought against the tight grip, her struggling ceased when Nerissa set her hand on a clear spot of her tail.

"It's so smooth," She whispered in awe.

Nerissa went to reply when a loud bang echoed outside of the building, she yelped and dove under the water where she curled up at the bottom of the hole. Lana quickly pulled the bars across and secured the lock before drying her hand on her shirt and taking a swig of her beer as she waited for her friends to come back in.
_________________________________________________________________________________