Status: Active :)

Dying Waves

Nerissa's Interlude

Disclaimer - Unfortunately, I do not own Supernatural. If I did, I would've based it off of Song Remains the Same by River Winters because it's a brilliant story and Calex is my OTP. :D

Nerissa had always been different.

She was never as eager to participate in hunting as her siblings and never as hateful as her family members. She was more patient than her family, never willing to rush into things and face the consequences of ill-timed actions.

Her sisters and brothers could never understand why she wasn't like them, they all thought maybe she had something wrong with her. But despite that, they protected her the best they could because it was their mother, Amara's wish.

Nerissa was always doted upon by Amara because she knew her youngest daughter would be special and would grow up to do good. Some of the other Merpeople believed this was why Nerissa was more in favour of watching and helping humanity than killing them so she could be strong and healthy. They believed that the upbringing Nerissa received was what made her act the way she did.

She did feed though, she would find humans that were intoxicated and stumbling around the harbour or the beach near the edge of the water and would lure them to her, drinking only what she needed and letting them go without hesitation, knowing that they would wake up the next day with no memory of the previous night.

Nerissa was young when her parents died and she only knew what had happened because her older sisters told her in very high detail what the humans had done and what they were capable of. Their explanations had the desired effect and Nerissa shied away from humans.

She did so for many years after that, until the day her sisters were murdered and she met Lana, Rosie and their friends. That was the first time she let a human in and found that it was what she had been seeking for most of her life, companionship to help fill the empty hole in her chest.

It was two extraordinary hunters named Sam and Dean that changed her life for the better. She felt emotions for the first time in a long time when they saved her and brought her to the Roadhouse.

She was thankful for the compassion the two brothers had shown her, even though they were suffering the loss of their father and trying to come to terms with the fact he was gone. It wasn't Sam or Dean that told her about John, instead it was Ellen.

Ellen and Jo were two more people that she owed everything to. The two females had quickly become the mother and sister figures she had always wanted. A mother that showered her with love despite barely knowing her and a sister who was there for her, letting her make her own decisions and never being cruel to her because she made a mistake.

She felt guilty for thinking that Jo was a better sister than Ruby or Melody but she couldn't help it, with Ruby and Melody, they were often cruel and unrelenting when it came to proving to her that they were superior to humans and that they were only sources of food waiting to be picked off. Jo was kind and thoughtful in comparison and made sure that Nerissa was comfortable and doing what she wanted to do.

"Nessa!" Jo's voice snapped her out of her deep thoughts and she turned to the blonde, smiling sheepishly.

"Yes, Jo?"

"I said, do you wanna try another beer?"

"Uh, sure?" She shrugged, glowering lightly at Dean as he laughed.

"Sorry fishtail, but remember the first time you had a beer?" He questioned, smiling at her. "You went down like a ton of bricks."

"I was...I was taken off guard at the strong taste." She excused quietly, taking the bottle from Jo with a polite smile.

Dean smirked at her and tapped the neck of his bottle against hers before gulping down some of his beer and watching as Nerissa did the same.

"It is good." She told him finally as Sam sat down next to them.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Sam asked, frowning slightly.

"Oh lighten up, Sammy." Dean snorted and pushed a bottle towards him. "Rissa's learning to be like us."

"Again, are you sure that's a good idea?"

"I'm fine, Sam. I like this drink." Nerissa interrupted and drank some more beer to prove it.

A fond smile tugged at her lips as Sam and Dean traded insults with one another and Jo rejoined them a minute later, chuckling as Nerissa told her what the conversation was.

Nerissa grinned at her friends, silently hoping that nothing would change, that she would be able to stay with these wonderful people for many years to come.

But of course, things never happen the way people would like them to and Nerissa would have to learn to deal with loss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's note -

Hello dear readers! I know it's been a while since i've updated this story but I hope you'll forgive me and enjoy this chapter!

This interlude is set before Sam, Dean and Nerissa leave to investigate the ghost in No Exit.

It's more of a filler until I've finished writing the next chapter.

Review and follow/favourite please? It really helps it!

Always and Forever.

xx