The Mail Project

5/9

I woke up very slowly. I looked around.. This definitely isn't my bed.. I realized I was in my living room floor, origami paper strewn everywhere. I got up slowly and stretched.

Thank goodness for tea, I thought. That will wake me right up. I headed for the tea pot and started up a batch. I took a deep breath; it smelled wonderful.

I fixed me a cup when it was finished and headed out onto my front porch. A comfortable light breeze was blowing throughout the Arizona plains. I smiled as I looked out at my yard where Marcie, my white American Pit, was soaking up the sun. My gaze landed on my mailbox. What treasure would it hold today? So I set forth to find out.

All the normal mail was there, of course, but so was a yellow, my favorite color, plastic case. I opened it up to find a silver CD with the words "Oakliegh's Mix" wrote on it in big black letters. There was a list of songs and another note.

"Someof these are your favorite songs, or so I hear, and the others are songs that make me think of you."

I quickly headed back inside and popped the CD into my stereo.
Today I will receive nothing. It's Sunday so the mail won't run. The thought of that kind of makes me sad.

When am I gonna meet this mystery person, anyways? Though.. I probably already have.. I just wish they would reveal them self to me, that way I could thank them for the gifts and maybe give them something in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer! Did it shock you? Don't get too happy with it. This chapter was for two days so of course it was a little longer.