Status: In Progress

I'll Be Safe and Sound as Long as You Kiss Me Again

Exits and Entrances

Chapter 2

Tay’s P.O.V

I sat on the logs surrounding the campfire with a beer in my hand and people from various other bands surrounding me and dancing to the loud music blaring across the bus stop.

I smiled as I saw people dancing with each other, it truly felt like home being on warped tour especially as practically everyone was family after the two months touring.

I saw Alex standing alone dancing and prepared myself for his yearly insistence of a dance on the first night, which naturally every year was refused by me.

I laughed as almost immediately after that thought Alex came sauntering over to me – probably thinking he was the hottest thing around – and sat down next to me with his hand on my knee. I could smell the alcohol coming off him and knew straight away he was drunk.

“How can I help you Alex?” I said politely to him trying not to wrinkle my nose at the smell of his ghastly breath. I don’t think Alex had ever been this drunk around me and he definitely had never smelled so strongly of alcohol before.

“You could dance with me? And then maybe a little more after” He slurred as he swayed towards me slightly. I pushed him back a little and helped him stand up.

“No can do Alex, but go try that girl over there” I said pointing at the blonde I had seen earlier. He walked off towards her and I once again sat sipping on my beer, I had never really been one to dance so this was the usual situation for me.

I lifted my head once more to observe the situation that Alex was currently in with the girl I had sent him over to. The girl seemed to be talking to Alex and according to her body language she was also rejecting him, he didn’t seem too fazed though as he leaned in for a kiss and she pushed him off before walking away from him giggling slightly.

I turned away as Jordan came up to me and pinched my beer before taking a massive gulp of it. I frowned at him and snatched it back off of him whilst he sat down on the log next to me.

“You alright over here Tay? You look a bit lonely…” He said with a frown.

“I’m fine, Jordan you know I don’t dance so you go on and have some fun” I said smiling at him.
“If you come dance with me you’ll be a professional in no time!” He said enthusiastically which I just laughed at because last time I checked Jordan had two left feet.

“Never mind…” He said “Anyway it looks as if you have an admirer” He said before standing and walking off over to Graham and Noah Sierota. I turned around to see what he was talking about and almost fell backwards off the log when I found that I was face to face with the girl I sent Alex over to.

“Hey, you’re the girl I saw with Alex earlier yeah?” She said in a heavy Australian accent.

“Um… Yeah that’s me, I’m Tay” I said politely holding out my hand.

“It’s nice to meet you Tay, I’m Jenna, Jenna McDougall” She said ignoring my outstretched hand and instead pulling me into a massive hug. The hug was very comforting and I easily relaxed into it.

She pulled away and we sat speaking for some time as conversation easily flowed between us as if we were long lost friends.

We chatted for a while more and then the question I’d been dreading from anyone all night came once more, this time it was from Jenna though and not someone trying to shamelessly flirt with me.

“Would you like to dance?” She asked standing up and extending her hand out to me. I looked at it deep in thought and then looked back up to her face which was patiently searching for a reply of some sorts.

“I don’t dance” I replied sadly rejecting her offer.

She gently grabbed my hand and shot back “I’m not taking no for an answer Tay, come dance with me, it’ll be fun!” She tugged at my hand a little and I sighed getting up.

Jenna smiled and it was really a breathtakingly huge smile. I smiled back as Jenna turned and dragged me over to where everyone was dancing.

For a while we just danced together like friends and then after that the slow songs came on so I just went over and sat back down leaving Jenna reject the countless guys that asked her to dance.

I didn’t understand why Jenna was rejecting them because to be honest there were plenty attractive guys asking her for a dance and it wouldn’t do her any harm to dance with them and see where it led to.

I again went back to sipping a beer and observing people dancing. Occasionally I would look back over at Jenna and see that she was yet again rejecting guys and she now also seemed to be downing shots of vodka at alarming rates.

I turned away towards the fire again and saw Jordan once again making his way over to me. He just smiled and sat down next to me again but this time thankfully with his own beer.

“I thought you didn’t dance?” he said smirking.

“I-I don’t” I said blushing a little. Luckily I don’t think he saw this because of the fire light that was reflecting off my face in the dark.

“Right, so why were you dancing with Jenna?” He asked seriously. I just shrugged and went back to drinking my beer. Jordan however kept pestering me about it until I finally answered him.

“Because she’s my friend and she wouldn’t take no for an answer!? Okay Jordan, you satisfied now?” I snapped and he just chuckled before muttering an extremely quiet ‘very’.

Jordan and I just sat drinking our beers for a while before Taylor Momsen of The Pretty Reckless came up and asked for a dance with Jorden. Unsurprisingly he accepted and I was once again left alone like I normally was at these parties.

It was reaching the end of the night and a lot of bands were retreating to the company of their own buses so they could sleep off the night and be prepared for performance one tomorrow.

I could see Jake, Matt, Cam and Whakaio talking to Cameron, Jordan, Mike and Rob. I smiled already being able to tell that we were going to be very good friends with Tonight Alive on this tour.

Suddenly I felt a weight drop itself onto my lap and wrap its arms around my neck ultimately causing me to spill my beer onto the ground. As I turned around I noticed the distinct smell of alcohol and then discovered the culprit to be Jenna, and a very drunk Jenna at that.

“You’ve got a very pretty smile” she slurred whilst looking me in the eyes “Did you ever notice that or am I just the lucky lady that has”

Jenna giggled a little and I just rolled my eyes smirking.

“You’re very drunk aren’t you Jenna, and when you’re drunk you clearly say things you don’t mean so I think we should get you back to your bus and into bed” I said my voice taking a jokingly serious tone.

“But I don’t want to leave your pretty face Tay” she whined giving me a very sloppy kiss on the cheek.
“Jenna I’m taking you back to your bed” I giggled picking her up. Jenna just sniggered.

“My knight in shining armour is taking me to bed” Jenna snorted “Hey Whak, Tay’s taking me to ‘bed’”

“She’s very drunk so I’m gonna make sure she gets back okay” I said informing Whakaio who just nodded and returned into his conversation with the guys.

About halfway back to the bus Jenna had fallen asleep in my arms and was drooling saliva all down my neck and back. Charming.

We reached her bus and with difficulty I somehow managed to open the door and climb up the steps with Jenna still successfully Koala-ing my front and depositing even more drool down the back of my shirt.

I got into the bunk area and strained my eyes trying to find Jenna’s bunk in the dark of the bus. I probably should have looked for the light switch on the way in because I was struggling getting Jenna to bed enough as it is without being in complete darkness as well…

Eventually I found Jenna’s bunk and put her down before putting a blanket over her and making sure she was comfortable. Before leaving the bus I made sure to brush Jenna’s hair out of her eyes and then lock the door behind me.

I made my way back to the party area where the only two bands left were Tonight Alive and We Are The In Crowd. I let the guys know I was going to bed and that Jenna was safe in the bus.

With that I headed to the comfort and safety of my own bus and my own bed in preparation for show one tomorrow which was going to be extremely fun as the start, and the rest, of warped tour always was and always will be…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the week's wait guys but I'm afraid that's how it will probably be for the forseeable future but this Chapter goes out to my friend (You know who you are!) who has pestered me all week about this chapter - Bandpocalypse