Status: In Progress

I'll Be Safe and Sound as Long as You Kiss Me Again

You Don't Owe Me Anything

Chapter 3

Jenna’s P.O.V

I stirred from my heavy sleep to find that I was in my bunk on our tour bus, the only problem was I didn’t remember how or when I got here. Suddenly I was hit with a throbbing migraine and a feeling of utter sickness in my stomach.

The last thing I could remember was dancing at the party with Tay, the wonderful beautiful talented Tay Jardine, The woman whom I’d been dying to meet ever since I discovered her band two years ago, the woman who unknowingly to her was the one person who occupied my thoughts almost twenty four seven.

I remember chatting to her and then convincing her to dance with me, but when she left because the slow songs started I vaguely remember downing about ten shots of vodka and then after that is all a blur.

I decided it would be a good idea to get up and go take an aspirin. I stretched and swung my legs over the edge of my bed before getting up and walking down to the living area still completely dressed in what I wore to the WTW party last night.

I heard the boys on the sofas so I grabbed a water and an aspirin before making my way over to them and slumping down on the sofa and groaning whilst leaning my head on the table.

“Rough night Jenna?” Matt asked smirking and trying to hold in a laugh, I could hear the other guys sniggering and I frowned before lifting my head off the table and swallowing the aspirin.

“What” I groaned rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and trying not to look into what seemed to be the blinding lights in our bus.

“Don’t you remember how you got back on the bus” Whakaio teased and the three other boys just sniggered even louder than before which made me groan as they were making my already pounding headache about a million times worse than it should be.

“No….” I dragged out snapping my head up to the boys and eyeing them curiously.

“You downed about 12 shots of vodka because Tay wasn’t dancing with you anymore, you then proceeded to go over to her in an extremely drunk state and hopelessly flirt with her before giving her the most disgusting kiss on the cheek I’ve ever seen” Whakaio said before Jake continued.

“Then she insisted on making sure you got to the bus okay, so she picked you up and you began shouting about how ‘your knight in shining armour’ was taking you to bed and then I’m pretty sure you fell asleep on her.”

I groaned again and slammed my head off the table which really didn’t help the slowly receding headache that this hangover had presented me with. I can’t believe I’d made such a tit of myself in front of Tay, I should probably go and apologise before we were due to go on stage in four hours.

“Shit, right… I’m off to apologise to her, I can’t believe I’m such a tit” I muttered before getting up and making my way to my bunk.

After stripping off and pulling on a new pair of black ripped skinny jeans, my gay or straight we all masturbate tee and black converse I made sure to put on sunglasses and a vans cap knowing that the sun would be blinding with the hangover that I had.

I passed the guys who just began giggling at my choice of attire, to which I ever so royally flipped them off before jumping down from the bus and beginning to walk over to we are the in crowd’s tour bus. I could see the guys sitting outside playing cards. When they noticed me they smiled and waved me over.

I jogged over to them and sat down in the empty chair that I’m assuming they were saving for Tay.

“A’ight Jenna, How you feeling?” Jordan asked me.

“Bit rough around the edges to be perfectly honest, is Tay in the bus?” I asked curiously looking around the guys who had put down the cards to speak to me.

“Eh… yeah she is, but she’s sleeping so be careful, she’s a bit grumpy in the mornings” Mike warned me before picking up his cards and playing his round.

“Okay” I said more cheerily than I should have considering how shit I felt at this moment in time and considering how I’d pretty much just set myself up a death trap of waking up Tay from her beauty sleep… Not that she needed it.

Carefully knocking on the tour bus door I waited for a response. After about half a minute I knocked again and heard someone groan and shout ‘Piss Off’. Despite this response I knocked once more and then heard heavy footsteps making their way to the door of the bus.

Suddenly the door was flung open and a very sleepy and angry looking Tay was stood at the door, her expression softened however when she saw who was at the door.

“Jenna…” Tay spoke letting out a yawn. I suddenly noticed what she was wearing and my mouth went dry. Taylor Jardine was stood in front of me in nothing but a long T-shirt and pants sporting Paramore’s name on the back in orange.

I don’t know how long I was staring for but suddenly I had Tay dragging me into the bus by my arm and sitting me down at the table.

“Jenna, are you still with me??” she laughed.

“Oh yeah sorry, hi Tay” I replied trying to regain my composure.

“What are you doing here at this time?” She asked getting a bottle of water out of the fridge and sitting down opposite me.

“I just wanted to apologise for last night, I’m really sorry if my drunk flirting made you uncomfortable and if it’s any consolation I feel really shit this morning” I said sheepishly.

“It’s okay Jenna honestly, we all know I’m irresistible” Tay smirked and checked her watch. I just began to blush and tried to hide it from Tay, luckily I think I managed.

“Shit, our first show is in an hour… I’ve got to go get ready, you wait here I’ll be right back” She said hopping up and sprinting to her bunk. I could hear her fumbling about and a minute later she came back into the room wearing converse, skinny jeans and her weird kids vest that fitted her perfectly.

“I could give you a run to the stage if you’d like…?” I offered.

“Wait what –“ She started but before she could finish I picked her up piggy back style and sprinted out the bus. We stopped by the guys and told them we were heading to the stage and that Tay would meet them there. They just mumbled a reply and began packing up the cards.

I just began to run down the road to the main stage with Tay gripping me really tightly around my neck and trying not to fall off my back.

She began laughing as I reached main stage and dropped her off. She smiled and leaned up to give me a small kiss on the cheek which left me grinning like a fool.

“My hero” she whispered before grabbing my hand and leading me side stage “You wait here and watch our set.” I just nodded dumbly and rubbed my cheek where Tay had kissed me.

I waited about half an hour and watched loads of people pile into the audience of the main stage waiting for day one of Vans Warped tour to begin.

A few people came up to me asking for photos which I happily obliged to, although I was still very distracted as I could see Tay offstage with the guys smiling and preparing for their set.

Suddenly the guys ran on stage and Tay followed giving me a small smile before turning to the audience.

“Hey guys! How you all doing today?” The audience cheered “I’d just like to say a quick thank you to my friend Jenna McDougall over there” She pointed at me “for giving me a piggy back down to the stage today, but I’ll thank her for that later… Let’s make this the best first stop of Warped ever”

And with that the intro to Rumor Mill started…
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 3, I really hope you like it! We see a bit more from Jenna's point of view in this chapter and I think the plot is starting to show... Chapter 4 should be up within the next week!