Tomorrow Brings Something New

2.

After they had stopped swinging, Tig sighed again. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. More than he used to. His grin faded to a light smile, he glanced at the girl who was also slowing to a stop. She snapped her head towards his and smiled coolly. He smiled back to her, sadly this time. Exhaling, he reached into his pocket and grabbed his carton of cigarettes, pulling one out and offering to the swing girl. She shook her head, mumbling 'don't smoke.'

Tig reached for his zippo lighter in his pocket. 'oh shit.' he breathed out quietly. 'what's wrong?' 'nothing, lost my zippo lighter.' After saying this he plunged off of the swing, scouring the nearby ground for it, it could have slipped from his pocket whilst swinging, they were going pretty high. Almost over the top.

The girl stood from her swing too, looking on the opposite side on her hands and knees. She retrieved a small set of keys and started fumbling around with them. She clicked something and on there was a small torch, she stood up and handed it to Tig. 'here's a torch to help, it's not so great but it should work well enough to find it...' 'Thanks.' he replied gruffly. He shone the torch all around and finally the girl gasped and dived towards the ground, 'Got it!' she almost yelled before beaming and handing over the zippo.

His gaze to her warmed as he drew closer to her 'Thanks a lot man, I don't know what I would've done if i lost this.' He put his arm around her, and pushed her towards his chest before kissing her on the head. She inhaled deeply as the scent of him, she realised she hadn't been this intimately close to anyone for a long time. She closed her eyes and smiled into him. Tig patted her shoulder before pushing her back lightly. They went back to their swings.

As he placed the cigarette into his mouth, he cupped one hand over it to shield the wind but it didn't seem to be enough, the wind was making it's way around his hand. After another minute of trying and failing to light it, the girl swung off of the swing, leaving it swinging slowly behind her, walked close up to Tig and took the zippo from him, lighting it up. Tig looked up in surprise before changing his facial expression to grateful, then cupped both hands around his cigarette. She lit up the cigarette with ease before handing him the lighter.

He inhaled the smoke deeply, leaning back his head and keeping the smoke in for as long as he could before breathing it out, by the time he looked up, she was walking away, a mere silhouette in the distance.

He sighed again, finishing off his cigarette with his fists clenched and his eyes closed tightly, to make sure nothing escaped from them. He thought about the guilt then. The guilt he knew he deserved, and that he justly has. He knew he would have to trap this all up again by the morning so he started thinking about it properly. He slumped off of the swing, lying down on the red, soft flooring below the swig set. He looked up at the stars and flicked away the cigarette before closing his eyes.