Sequel: All or Nothing
Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel.

I Can Be Your Everything

I'm at a Payphone

"Okay guys, the teams are Maria and myself, James and Dave, Matt and Al, Dominic and Johnny, Val and Jen, Brian and Zacky and last but not least Effie you get the two babies." I whistled loudly and high fived them both.

"Let's do this." The two of them were so excited for this, they loved this game because it meant all of us were together. I smiled to myself.

"What are you smiling at?" Jen asked pushing me slightly as she sat on the couch beside me.

"Nothing, I just feel happy." I looked at her face, she seemed unsure of what to say next and looked away from me. I bit my lip. Her reaction wasn't what I was looking for but I just had to shake it off for my family.

"Okay first up we have the champion. Miss Effie McLaren." Everyone cheered as I stood up and "flexed" my biceps. "Do easy ones. Can't make this too difficult for my cherubs." My mother took her seat next to Maria and I grabbed a piece of paper from the fish bowl. The the little bit of paper read, film.

"Psh easy." I crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it in the bin, and took my position in the middle of the floor. I knew exactly who I was going to be. As I began the movements, stepping from left to right and clapping above my head. The adults began to laugh.

"HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!" Shona screamed as loud as she could. Laughter erupted again, Shona was usually so quiet but when it came to winning, she was loud and in your face. When I looked at her I seen myself. I looked over at Zack and he sat there arms crossed unable to even crack a smile. Fucking idiot.

"Okay Johnny, you're next." He stood up and grabbed the bowl, fishing out his paper. "Choose carefully Johnny!" As he opened the piece he picked, his face dropped.

"I'm going to need a volunteer." Al heroically joined him and looked at the title, a hearty laugh erupting from his throat.

"Let's do this." Al grabbed Johnny and wrapped his arms around him, and Johnny put the back of his head on Al's chest,

"Brokeback Mountain!" Too easy.

"And Effie steals the point! Too slow Dominic." The rest of the night was a blur. I couldn't focus on the negative in my life right now. I was home. Maybe I should just stay...

****

I slept alone in my old bedroom that night. It hadn't changed a bit. The walls were still purple and my bed spread was still covered in big fluffy pillows. My mother didn't want to change it, she said it made her feel sad that we were all leaving her, so she wanted to keep at least one thing the same. Zacky and the others slept in a hotel room, I thought Jen might have stayed with me, but it seems like she's avoiding me and only interacting with me because she has to. It's the same with Val except she has just completely ignored me. Ever since what happened back in Cali, it seems like they all are just following their alphas orders. I still don't understand all that bullshit. I curled myself into a ball under my covers. Please just try sleep Ef This wasn't going to work. Getting out of bed I slowly walked out of my room passed my parent's, and down the flight of stairs. I wanted to just get some fresh air. I felt alone again. I hated feeling like this, because I wasn't. But I was. My parents weren't mine, and I'm going to have to face them some how. I'm going to have to tell them I know and that it's okay. But it's not okay, it's never been okay.

Opening the sliding doors, my bare feet touched the cold, wet patio. The rain was lashing down and my pajamas were beginning to get soaked. I took a deep breath in, sucking in the cold air.

"Effie?" I turned to look at my Dad, "What ye' doing it's freezing cold!" He ushered me in and grabbed me a towel. "What's wrong sweetpea? Is it that boyfriend of yours? Seems like a bit of a wank to me."

"No Dad. It's not him." I paused, "Why didn't you tell me I wasn't yours?" His eyes widened.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on Dad." He sighed and sat down, clasping his hands in front of him. "I know. Please don't lie to me."

"Because you are ours. Doesn't matter who gave birth to you. Those people weren't good for you, you were in danger." He spoke quietly, unable to look at me.

"So I was charity?"

"Jesus no. Anything but, we wanted another child. You know how your mam is, she's got so much love to give and well I wanted another wee girl." I didn't know what to say next, I didn't know what to do.

"We should tell mum in the morning." He nodded, "With everyone around, because I know exactly where I came from." Again he nodded. "Night Dad, I love you."

"I love you too."

*****

"How is it time?" She was being sharp. "That's not for you to decide!" We were currently all standing in a circle waiting for what my parents and Zack's had to say about the matter. The kids looked frightened, the poor sausages. I ushered them to the kitchen for ice cream and ran straight back through to comfort my mum.

"Mum, it's okay." My dad took her arm but she ripped away from him. "Mum!" She came towards me moving my top away from my shoulder, revealing my mark. She crumpled on the floor.

"Dave!" She coughed out, "They've taken her!" He picked her up from the floor.

"Al, take everyone home." My brother nodded, none of them said a word as they watched the scene unfold. "Bye munchkins." He called after his grandchildren. "Effie, who does that belong to?" He calmly asked still holding my mother.

"Zachary." He just nodded.

"I thought you thought he was a wank." I asked, totally confused.

"I know James and Maria they wouldn't raise a nut job." I let out a fake laugh and sat on the couch. "Why don't ye go get Al and go with the weans Karen." My mother kissed the top of my head as she left. What the hell is happening. "Can everyone except Maria, James, Zachary and Duke go outside." One by one I watched them leave. My father sat next to me.

"Effie, doll. me and yer maw have been dreading this day for a very very long time. You see the reason I know James and Maria is because they helped us out 20 years ago, so we could get our little girl." I felt like I didn't want to know this anymore. I didn't want all the confusion. "When you were born, the family you were born into were in a shit load of trouble. They had so many people trying to tear you all apart. One particular man was after you and would do anything for you to not be in this world and you could no longer be protected after George died. James had made a promise to Catriona to keep you safe and out of harms way so he brought you here. We wanted to but it wasn't our place." He put his hand on my back.

"It certainly was your fucking place. They dumped me! You are my parents not them!"

"Effie come on darlin', I know it's hard but we love you and we tried to protect you."

"It's unbearable! Am I even Scottish?" He nodded. I put my head in my hands.

"You were born here."

"So I'm still Oighrig McLaren?" He shook his head.

"You're Oighrig Levitah." I looked over at Duke.

"No I'm not your biologically father." he said immediately. "But your father was my brother, you have to understand it's the only way we could protect you." Well uncle Duke you can go suck a dick!!

I laughed menacingly. I looked at Zacky. "You fucking knew about this didn't you?" Zacky stood up and took my hand.

"No." I pushed him away. "So how did you all find out then? When did it click eh?!"

"When you told me you were Dave's." James quietly mumbled. I fell back onto my seat. "Effie, you've got this whole other life."

"I liked this one! And now it's been ripped away from me just like everything else is! Ever since I met you everything has fucked up!" I pointed at Zacky. "You fucked me up in the process! Why don't you tell everyone how you treat me! Come on now!"

"The reason Zacky's been acting like this isn't his fault!" James stated firmly. "It's in his nature."

"Oh so being a cunt is natural to all of you?"

"Effie!" My dad scolded. "Calm it. Listen to them."

"Because of the family you come from you are very much an alpha. Even though you aren't a lycan, you are still very dominant. Zacky is soon to take over my place in the lycan world and when you are ready to take this throne your senses go wild they take over your mind. Even though Zack has mated with you the more dominant alpha that's taking over is focusing on you trying to take you down." This was all unbelievable. I was just as dominant as Zack...maybe that's why I'm such a stubborn shithead sometimes. "The only way to stop him from doing something so terrible is to submit."

"Wait so you are trying to tell me the reason Zack has been trying to murder me is because I'm more dominant?" I burst out laughing, I was becoming hysterical! I turned around and pushed Zacky as hard as I could. His nostrils flared and his eyes became dark. I pushed him again, and again.

"Effie stop." Zack snapped finally, and gripped my arms, pushing me back. I bit my lip hard and charged at him swinging my right hand at his face. He stood still for a moment and then just shook his head and walked out of the room and then out of the front door. I watched as he walked into the park at the front of our house.

"Please Effie, sit and let's talk about this."

For hours they went on and on about what had all went down. To me it just sounded like an excuse. All of it. My mother sat crying for ages, and all my father done was stroke her hair and try soothe her as much as possible, but nobody was soothing me. Nobody was by my side. Maybe this was the way it was suppose to be.

Zacky never came back, and I never seen the other wolves or women go either, my mind was totally blank.

"Listen I'm going to go a drive. I'll be back later."

"But where are you going?" Karen sniffled.

"Just to see Zacky." I kissed the top of her head and hugged Dave. "See you in a bit."

I jumped in the car as fast as I could and drove. Drove where you ask? Well I'm not sure where i was going. Would I jump on a plane and flee or just stay in Scotland? Who know's I don't have anywhere to go. It was going to be me and only me now. I stopped not far from a little shop, where there was a payphone. I knew exactly who I was calling.

"Hello?" His rough voice came through the speaker and my heart ached. I never said a word, how could I? "Hello? Effie?" I hung up and got in the car again. Driving away never to look back.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND that is the end ladies and gentlemen!
There will be a sequel, I'm working on it now. I hope you have enjoyed this is much as I have had writing it for you.
Thank you so much for reading it,

Love you Heather xoxox