Pictures and Some Memories

Celebration

.:Lisa's POV:.

We all sat around the table in the dining room, a silence drifted over us as we ate.

The only sound in the room were the sounds of people chewing and breathing. Along with knives and forks scraping against the china plates.

Sounding like nails on a chalkboard.

I was sat between Val and Adam as Brian and Michelle sat across from us, with my Uncle and Aunt sitting at the ends of the table. Brian was seated directly across from me.

Just my luck, isn't it?

I could feel a pair of eyes burning at me but I refused to meet his gaze. I was beyond pissed with him. I knew if I looked up, I'd kill him.

I felt a foot run up my leg gently, making my heart race and drop my fork on my plate. Everyone looked at me with raised eyebrows, while Brian gave a sly smirk.

"You okay, babe?" Adam asked, rubbing my back.

I nodded, giving him the best smile I could. "I'm great. Sorry, I thought I saw something." I lied, kicking Brian's leg under the table.

The table jumped, making our glasses shudder a bit from Brian's knee hitting the table from underneath.

"Fuck!" Brian grumbled out.

"Baby? Are you okay? What happened?" Michelle asked him, worriedly. Her hands running down his chest and onto his thigh.

I smirked as he rubbed his knee, eyes on mine.

"I'm fine, babe. Muscle spasm, I guess." Brian shrugged, smirking at her.

She smiled and went to kiss him, but he turned his head to shove a piece of ham into his mouth. Making Michelle kiss his puffed out cheek.

Michelle frowned but went back to eating.

Uncle Nick cleared his throat. "So, Brian, what is it that you do again?"

Brian sat back in his chair, looking at Uncle Nick. "I'm a lead guitarist in a band called Avenged Sevenfold. I play with Matt, Zacky, Johnny and Jimmy."

Uncle Nick nodded. "Yeah? Have you gone on any tours?"

Brian nodded. "Just got back from one for our latest album City of Evil. The tour was cut short due to some stupid shit." He waved it off.

"Sounds fun. Hey, if you need any actresses for your videos you could always ask Lisa or Val. They do all that kind of stuff." Uncle Nick smiled at Val and I.

"Oh, really?" Brian raised his eyebrow, looking my way. "You do music videos?"

"Yeah. What's it matter to you?" I glared, he smirked.

Michelle chewed the inside of her cheek. She wasn't very fond of the fact Brian kept trying to make conversation with me the entire night, nor did Adam. But I made it clear to both of them that I had no interest in talking to Brian.

He shrugged, going back to his eating. "Just thinking."

I rolled my eyes and leaned into Adam's side, snuggling my face into his chest. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

I watched as Brian wrapped his arm around Michelle and pulled her close against him, pulling her lips to his for a kiss.

Trying to make me jealous.

Would have worked if I didn't catch the sneaky glance before he kissed her. Or the way his eyes darkened when Adam cuddled me.

"Yuck! I'm sick of all the love!" Val giggled, tossing her fork onto her plate.

I giggled. "Oh what? Feeling lonely? Come here, sweetcheeks." I pretended to go kiss her.

She laughed, shoving me away playfully. "You sicko! Just cause we kissed ONCE during that movie doesn't mean you can kiss me whenever."

"You two kissed?" Adam asked. "You never told me."

I shrugged. "I don't kiss and tell."

He chuckled. "Smartass." He kissed me.

I felt a light kick on my leg, making me pull away from Adam too soon. I could see from the corner of my eye as Brian glared slightly at Adam.

I sighed as I went back to eating.

Well that was until Adam cleared his throat, standing up.

I gave him a puzzled look, all he did was smile and wink.

"Can I have everyone's attention for a moment?" Adam asked.

All our eyes were on him.

"Babe? What are you doing?" I asked.

He smiled, taking my hands in his. "Lisa Marie DiBenedetto, I love you so much. You saved me from myself. I found you and made sure to hold onto you, I knew you were the girl for me when I first laid eyes on you." He got down onto one knee before me. My eyes widened while a chorus of gasps filled the room. "Lisa, I know family is most important to you. And I never believed in much for a family, but when I met you, I craved for a family."

Adam pulled a black velvet box out of his pants pocket.

"Lisa Marie DiBenedetto, my heart is yours and it always will be. Will you make me the happiest man in the universe and marry me?" Adam asked, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

I clasped my right hand over my mouth as tears trickled down my face.

He was proposing! Was this a dream?

I couldn't answer him, so I simply nodded.

Adam smiled as he slid the ring onto my left hand on the ring finger, kissing the ring before my lips.

"Oh my God! You're going to be Mrs. Lisa Malatino!" Val cheered, ripping me away from Adam and hugging me tightly.

While my Uncle, my Aunt and Michelle went to congratulate Adam and welcome him to the family. My eyes were on Brian's, who stay sat in his chair as he glared at his plate. His jaw was clenched tight and his biceps flexed. His once chocolate brown eyes were now black as night.

"I need to go, Michelle." Brian jumped to his feet, pushing his chair in roughly. "I have to, uh, go let Pinkly out." He lied.

Michelle frowned. "Oh, okay." Brian kissed her cheek. "Call me when you get home?"

Brian nodded and thanked my Uncle and Aunt for a lovely dinner and saying how nice it was to meet them.

Brian didn't give Adam any looks or congratulate him as he shoved by, but when he started walking by me he slowed his pace.

"You're making a bad decision." He whispered, his eyes sad. "Please... Rethink your choices... It doesn't have to be him..."

With that, he left and slammed the door shut.

I frowned as I stared at the front door.

"What crawled up his ass?" Val asked, breaking the silence.

Michelle shrugged. "I have no idea. He's been acting weird all night." She frowned. "I hope he's not rethinking about me. I don't want to lose him..." A few tears escaped her.

"Girls," Aunt Debbie called. "Don't worry about Brian, he's a big boy. He can take care of himself. Right now we should be celebrating." Aunt Debbie smiled at Adam and I. "Lisa and Adam are engaged!"

Adam wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against him, smiling down at me. I gave him the best smile I could before he pressed his lips to mine.

"I love you, Soon to be Mrs. Malatino." He whispered against my lips.

Mrs. Haner sounds better, I thought.