Pictures and Some Memories

Hope You're Right

.:Diana's POV:.

I cradled my head in my hands as I sat on the sofa, Matt beside me as he rubbed my back.

"Baby, you shouldn't have yelled at her. I'm sure there was a good reason she didn't tell you." He said softly.

"What are you talking about?" I raised my voice at him. "She knew I hated DiBenedetto's! And she didn't have the balls to tell me she was one of them!"

"Maybe she was afraid of you hating her because of her family?" Matt shrugged. "How is that fair to her, Diana? She's your best friend. She was always there for you. What? Because you hate her family you're willing to let all those years together waste away?"

I frowned at his words

Could I let our years of friendship go to waste?

"Put yourself in her shoes. Let's say she hated every Haner and didn't know you were one. And when she found out, after all you two have been through, just dropped you like that." He snapped his fingers. "She's gotta be crushed."

I sighed heavily as I sat back against the sofa, leaning against him as I laced our hands together.

"I just can't believe she lied to me, though." I whispered.

Matt kissed my head. "Do you blame her for lying to you, though? Would you want to tell someone that hates your family with a passion that you're a part of that family?"

I shook my head. "No... But..."

"But, nothing. Diana, just talk to her." Matt pleaded. "She's your best friend. You two need each other. You're best friends. Best friends stick together no matter what. Not even family stands in the way."

I was going to say something until my phone rang, I pulled it out and saw that Brian was calling me.

"Hey, Bri-Bri." I greeted, smiling.

"Lisa's engaged." He blurted out.

I sat up straight. "WHAT?! When? How? Who?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around it. "Did you propose to her?!"

"What? No!" Brian scoffed. "Adam fucking proposed to her tonight!"

Adam proposed to her? Never would I have thought he would do that. Even when I asked him last month, he said he didn't plan on proposing any time soon.

Then a thought hit me.

"Wait, how do you know Lisa's engaged?" I asked. "And how did you know she was a DiBenedetto?"

It was silent for a minute as Brian though of an excuse.

"Uh," Brian paused. "I hooked up with Michelle and she invited me to her family dinner tonight."

I glared. "You're such an asshole. A hypocrite. You rat Lisa out for being a DiBenedetto and act like you have some shit against them, but yet you're fucking one of them!" I yelled. "Real nice, Brian."

"Well I needed something to get my mind off of Li-" He stopped short, clearing his throat.

"Off what, Brian?" I growled. "Off Lisa? I told you, stay away from her! I don't want you with her! Besides, she's gone! You don't have any shot with her now. She's marrying Adam! So get over her!" I yelled.

"Fuck you!" He yelled back. "She's not his yet! I'll be sure of that."

The line was cut off as he hung up. I glared at my phone.

Well, he just admitted to liking Lisa.

But I'll be damned if they get together.

"Lisa's engaged and Gates likes her?" Matt asked.

I jumped, forgetting he was here. My mind was clouded with the thought of Lisa being engaged to Adam.

I nodded, leaning back into him. "Yeah..."

"What are you thinking?" He asked, rubbing my arm.

I shrugged. "How Lisa is making a horrible choice. She probably said yes out of fear cause if she said no, he may have acted cool about it with the family but when they get home... He'd probably put her in the hospital." I took a deep breath. "And how I want my brother to get over his stupid little crush over her. No, not a crush. He just wants to fuck her."

"Okay, I can't help you with Gates's crush on Lisa. But with the whole engagement, I'm sure you can talk her out of it or something." Matt said,

I sighed. "Do you really think I was harsh on her?"

He nodded. "Just a bit. I mean, yeah it was wrong of her to lie about who she was. But she was just scared because she knew how much you hated the DiBenedettos." He smiled. "But you can call her tomorrow."

I raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

He shrugged. "Because I want to talk to you."

I tilted my head. "About what?"

He took my hands in his, rubbing his thumb gently. "I want to tell Brian." He paused. "About us."

My eyes widened. "What?"

Cold fear shot down my spine at his words. Telling Brian was a suicide mission.

He took a deep breath. "I want to tell Brian about us being together. Diana, we've been together for a little over a year now. It's time he knew. That everyone knew about us." He kissed my hand. "I love you, babe. I want everyone to know that you are mine."

I smiled, kissing him lovingly. "But Matt, Brian will murder you. You know how he gets over me, he doesn't like it when I'm dating. He gets super protective over me. And when he knows it's you, who knows what he'll do."

Matt shrugged. "I don't care what he says or does, Diana. At least he'll know the truth."

I sighed. "I don't feel comfortable telling him... But you're right."

He smiled, showing off those amazing dimples. "Of course I'm right. I'm always right."

I giggled. "Asshole." He pressed his lips to mine, I pulled away and sighed. "I'll apologize to Lisa tomorrow, telling her I didn't mean what I said and that I was just angry. And then we'll plan a night to go out and party, we'll tell Brian that night at the club. Sound good?"

Matt smiled. "Sounds amazing." His lips met mine once again, my heart racing.

I pulled away and rested my head on his chest, toying around with the hem of his shirt. Not really seeing it for my thoughts were clouded by what would happen at the club. And also hoping Lisa would forgive me.

"I hope Lisa forgives me..." I whispered, not sure if he could hear me. "I feel so horrible for what I said to her... I never gave her a chance. She's my best friend, she's been there for me through thick and thin. Always stood by my side, even when I was wrong. I don't want our friendship to go to waste."

Matt kissed my forehead. "It won't go to waste, babe. You two have been through so much over the years. It was just a little bump. Lisa seems to be very understanding. She'll forgive you." He told me softly.

I sighed, closing my eyes as I snuggled into his chest. "I hope you're right..."